Notice: Forums will be shutdown by June 2019

To focus on better serving our members, we've decided to shut down the POF forums.

While regular posting is now disabled, you can continue to view all threads until the end of June 2019. Event Hosts can still create and promote events while we work on a new and improved event creation service for you.

Thank you!

Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Profile Reviews  > Go ahead have at it the good, the bad, the ugly      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 Bebedeleau
Msg: 2
Go ahead have at it the good, the bad, the uglyPage 1 of 1    
I would delete all of these:

Must not have messaged users looking for intimate encounters or sex.
Must not be looking for Hang Out
Must not be looking for Other Relationship
Must not be looking for Activity Partner
 Bebedeleau
Msg: 3
Go ahead have at it the good, the bad, the ugly
Posted: 10/31/2012 8:18:16 AM
I would break each subject into a separate paragraph for easy reading and do a little clean up with full sentences. I would take out the "I think I should get rid of work photographs."

I think the 2nd photograph is too dark , I would remove that one and add one of you smiling.

My point to removing some of your restrictions ... I sent you an email with some suggestions, but got a notice I could not message you. Why filter out potential contacts, if only for chat. It never makes much sense to me.
 Bebedeleau
Msg: 5
Posted: 10/31/2012 3:54:14 PM
Nah, you're just blocking anyone who has talked to someone on this site who was looking for sex. I must have once, though I don't remember it, because the filter blocks me. If I see someone I might want to say something to, usually just a comment on something in their profile, I email. I don't look to see their intent. Now I'm forever blocked by that filter :)

Very understandable to block anyone looking for a casual encounter. Maybe for someone looking for "other relationship." Most people don't block that one, though.

The other ones, you know, people sometimes don't want to commit to saying "I'm looking for a relationship." Sometimes they are new to dating and want less pressure by saying they are looking for email, activity partner, etc. It's just a way of "getting your feet wet." Those might be the best to snatch up quickly. Even if that's all they are looking for, think of it. They want to contact you. Why would you not want them to be able to. Guys say they get so few emails as it is.
 mtjd90
Msg: 6
view profile
History
Posted: 10/31/2012 8:47:47 PM
In my entire 2 years here, I've seen like one maybe two people looking for other relationship.
 Bebedeleau
Msg: 7
Posted: 11/1/2012 8:52:22 AM
"So, if someone doesn't read profiles, they should be excused? (shakes head)"

Excused from what? I'd be interested to hear you elaborate on that one.
Show ALL Forums  > Profile Reviews  > Go ahead have at it the good, the bad, the ugly