Notice: Forums will be shutdown by June 2019

To focus on better serving our members, we've decided to shut down the POF forums.

While regular posting is now disabled, you can continue to view all threads until the end of June 2019. Event Hosts can still create and promote events while we work on a new and improved event creation service for you.

Thank you!

Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Dating Experiences  > Does she stay or does she go?      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 _TALL_IQ2_
Msg: 2
Does she stay or does she go?Page 1 of 2    (1, 2)
Tara feels like if she doesn't show and he does, then she would be in the wrong.
I also (and briefly) cautioned her about his "hiding" as some people who are in hide mode could be hiding something...didn't harp on it though.
Since she is determined to go, even though I can't get her confirmation, should I wave off any plans for Friday and be available to take her out since the most likely scenario will be he will be a no show?

I think that Sybil should go instead of your "sister".

Or you can rewrite "Taras" profile and reactivate it for "her" to re-contact that guy.

Or have "Tara" go and you can hide behind the plant and observe if anyone actually does show up..
 OutMind
Msg: 6
Does she stay or does she go?
Posted: 10/31/2012 2:07:54 PM

Since she is determined to go, even though I can't get her confirmation, should I wave off any plans for Friday and be available to take her out since the most likely scenario will be he will be a no show?

This is a cluster f vck waiting to happen. I would not ever date someone like your sister. She sound like the type of woman that because they are so erratic and unpredictable all kinds of crap happen to them. For starters, no cell phone. She closed the account before HER telling him. Then she expects YOU to take care of it.

So, I would not show up to the date. I would not enable her infantile behavior either. Instead find yourself a nice date, and when she calls you crying and all that, you simply tell her "I told you." And have some fun with your own date.
 Walts
Msg: 8
Posted: 10/31/2012 2:27:55 PM

Since she is determined to go, even though I can't get her confirmation

Get her on these forums and read about all the guys that haven't shown up for dates even though they have talked to the woman just an hour or so before the meet.

I can't believe your "sister" isn't like 12 or something. Foolish,foolish,foolish. Might as well get a topic going right now on how your sister got "burnt" on her first "meet". This kinda stuff is how headlines are made.
 Walts
Msg: 11
Posted: 10/31/2012 3:13:24 PM

Also, lest we forget how believing and trusting we were when we first began to internet date and before we became hardened by the disappointing behaviors of others.

Sorry, I was plenty educated on humans long before the internet came around.

Two words.

Common sense.
 OutMind
Msg: 16
Posted: 10/31/2012 3:57:48 PM

I did it…sent him her number…she just called me and said he contacted her. Less than 20 minutes. YEA!!! Their date is still on. Thank you again so much. If more people helped rather than…well, doesn’t matter. Good will. I hope it is returned to you soon.

good for you. What this tells me is that YOU are a problem solver. It tells me that your sister is the type that likes for others to solve her problems. If it was only one thing, I would say, yeah, you can make a mistake, but a whole lot of them, while jumping the gun and deleting her profile after planning for a date. Not a lot of common sense there.

And while some people gave you a way to use the system, you should also thank the jaded ones that also told you of what the more than likely scenario may have been.

So a pat on your back for once again solving your little sister's problems. You are a keeper.
 Confident-Realist
Msg: 18
Posted: 10/31/2012 4:17:53 PM
Yeah, she screwed up. She should have re-written a profile, kept it up for a bit, and wrote him. When you live over 45 minutes away, and you had no phone # or real-email exchange, and one person closes out their account and suddenly their message exchange displays that the person is gone & disappeared -- there really was NO date.

It'd be up to her to try and revive it. And if you can't reach him after that -- she's screwed (and she should have reached out, not you). Lesson: Have outside-of-POF contact info ready if you're even thinking of meeting someone & thinking of closing out your account.
 Walts
Msg: 20
Posted: 10/31/2012 5:10:56 PM
One word:

JADED

Talk to us Saturday morning. Even better, tell your "sister" to give us a story. I'll be hung, but, more than willing to listen to the fairy tale ending/begining. I've been known to be wrong at least once a year. This could be it.

Edit to add: My raised eyebrow probably has something to do with you joining this site not 2 weeks ago, and you are right in the middle of your "sister's" POF "situation".

And add again,

John contacted me three weeks ago.

reminds himself to get one of those new calenders
 femaleconnection
Msg: 23
Posted: 11/1/2012 8:07:01 AM
OP, glad you were able to make contact.

Some people here, have seen such train wrecks via the forums that they cannot believe people can be genuine anymore. Sorry you have been bashed in here, it really is a fun place if you ignore posts that are not relevant to your topic.

I love how people are analyzing this and saying your sister is this or that...all because she forgot to ask for contact info before deleting an account online. Yes, I can see the correlation between that 1 act and everything they have posted. NOT!

Hope the meet goes well! If nothing else, she has a date she didnt have before POF and that IS the point of the site after all.
 Confident-Realist
Msg: 24
Posted: 11/1/2012 8:43:34 AM

I love how people are analyzing this and saying your sister is this or that...all because she forgot to ask for contact info before deleting an account online.

To be fair, though -- that's a pretty wtf-messup -- not a common "oops". To couple that with having a sister follow up with him, because the sister set her up with POF -- she's not taking it seriously enough. She wasn't taking the date-to-be serious to do that.

Although it may not warrant bashing the gal from head to toe, it does at least show a sloppy/careless attitude that isn't minor, if she had a long chat with the guy, etc. And giving out at least an regular email (yahoo, hotmail, etc) if you were thinking of cancelling the account would be the first thing to come to mind.

She could be a responsible gal in life -- and maybe really just didn't give a ratz-ass about it all, but the sister wants to be matchmaker and is the one who really cares. :)
 OutMind
Msg: 26
Posted: 11/2/2012 7:20:27 AM

As far as the whole giving out our number to strangers...no way. I don't do that either. Got burned once with a stalking caller from someone who never even showed on the date so, I won't do that again.

I understand how you feel about that, but if you and I were talking, this is where I would tell you that I do not meet with anyone that does not provide me a phone number. Period. The only no shows I've ever had were women that felt weird about giving their number.

In this day and age, it's more important to protect your private email than the phone number. If I get a stalker. I press a button on my phone. Blocked.
Show ALL Forums  > Dating Experiences  > Does she stay or does she go?