Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Off Topic  > Man sues wife for having "ugly" baby ... And wins!      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 Deadliest_Snatch
Msg: 1
Man sues wife for having "ugly" baby ... And wins!Page 1 of 2    (1, 2)
A Chinese judge ordered a woman to pay $120k to her ex-husband after she bore a baby which he thought was too homely to have issued from his loins.
The husband ordered a DNA test only to find out he was, indeed, the baby daddy!
Mommy confessed to having 100k of plastic surgery to enhance her appearance BEFORE meeting hubby.
He divorced her and sought remedy for marrying him under "false pretenses."

See the before and after plastic surgery photos (and complete story) here:

http://www.local10.com/news/Man-sues-wife-over-ugly-baby/-/1717324/17238908/-/12xu4yc/-/index.html

So, what say you?
False pretenses - does that include cosmetic enhancement, concealing addictions, getting braces, wearing a breast form after a mastectomy?
What should be "revealed" and what can be justifiably "hidden?" I had braces as a child, but have never mentioned it. They are visible in my childhood photos from sixth grade, but I just never thought about full disclosure.

Are all bets off when you're planning kids? Must you admit all known genetic defects and family health history, crazy relatives, prescription drugs, etc.?
Where does it start/ stop?
 _TALL_IQ2_
Msg: 2
Man sues wife for having
Posted: 11/6/2012 9:38:31 AM
That lawsuit would never fly in US courts.
One possible reason for it's success in China is their "one child" laws...

So much pressure to have that ONE child be a "perfect" male..

That in their 20-something generation there are about 20 million more males now than females..
A somewhat sobering thought when one wonders just what may occupy those 20 million "extra" young males besides going into their growing military with their current expansionist inclinations throughout the Pacific/Asian waters...

Are all bets off when you're planning kids? Must you admit all known genetic defects and family health history, crazy relatives, prescription drugs, etc.?

Won't be long now with amniocentesis, that a full genetic scan may be required before marriage,
or especially before getting a "breeding permit"..
Some known defects will actually be "correctable" in the womb. Facial features may be harder to determine that far ahead.

One possible outcome of the US election today may be a new shift to a Brave New World where all the babies are required to be beautiful, and all the boys are above average in Lake Wobegon...

US is number 6 in countries with the most percentage of population having plastic surgery.
Korea is number 1.
Many Asians have the eye-widening surgery since they aspire to look more "Western",
just like the female in the above cited post apparently did have. IF she did NOT tell him about her major surgeries, then she was guilty of some obvious fraud there.
 Deadliest_Snatch
Msg: 3
Man sues wife for having "ugly" baby ... And wins!
Posted: 11/6/2012 9:40:28 AM
^^^ Good point. And the baby was a girl, making her even less "attractive."
Maybe he just wants a crack at having a son with another wife?
Still, he recovered the damages AFTER divorcing.

But what about disclosure? Who, when, where, what, why?

Would you feel defrauded to find out the lovely lass/ lad you had married got her/ his looks through surgery?
 GrandmaBooBoo
Msg: 4
view profile
History
Man sues wife for having ugly baby ... And wins!
Posted: 11/6/2012 9:59:41 AM
When I saw the headline of that particular article online.....I admit that I thought....WTH!!!!

While I still think that it's really bizzare....I did come away not feeling like the dad was quite so much of an a$$ because apparently his wifes cosmetic surgery was REALLY EXTENSIVE.....NOT just braces on her teeth when she was in 6th grade.

I also think that's it hard to judge this totally different culture. In China....they have ONLY ONE child (usually) and I'm not sure...but do they still practice the ritualistic abortion or killing of a female child? Naturally, we find it appauling, but then, neither do we practice arranged marriages...still a common practice in China.
 daynadaze
Msg: 5
view profile
History
Posted: 11/6/2012 11:43:35 AM
Children should be wanted and loved and not expected to fulfill some needs of their parents, but be allowed to grow into themselves. How utterly silly of me to think that way, eh? This man is ridiculous to me, while his wife might have told him she'd had extensive cosmetic surgery (seems he should have noticed some scars, etc.) a baby is a toss of the dice genetically and too bad if he didn't get the beauty he desired. To me this comes under...tough shit, grow up.
Posted: 11/6/2012 1:33:06 PM
No guarantees EVER, but thats part of WHY we are attracted to the mates we are..To mate.

GOOD STOCK as they say.

Make intelligent, strong, smart, hopefully not butt ugly and maybe talented offspring.

Life is hard enough if you are average..or even "sorta" nice looking.
Average intelligence doesn't cut it anymore either it seems.

Sue? I think it's ridiculous, but if a man hid genetic defects that occur in his close family that are serious
He wouldn't need to worry about court if my child was born with it.
 BoomerWithHumor
Msg: 7
Posted: 11/6/2012 1:38:28 PM
That unattractive baby can grow up and find the cure for cancer. But I guess it's just more important what you look like on the outside. The father does not seem very bright. Just because father and mother are good looking people (naturally) does not mean they will have a good looking child. It is all in the DNA cards.
 Aries_328
Msg: 8
view profile
History
Posted: 11/6/2012 1:39:56 PM
I say... Welcome to equality :)

There is no justification to not allow this other then it offends your sense of fairness or your 'values'. hahahaha. Let the lawsuits begin.
 Westley_Auryn
Msg: 9
Posted: 11/6/2012 2:17:20 PM
It's weird, but this story popped up back in 2004. Not much left but archived pages.
http://www.dailytimes.com.pk/default.asp?page=story_26-5-2004_pg9_8
http://msgboard.snopes.com/cgi-bin/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=get_topic;f=76;t=001217;p=0
http://forums.vogue.com.au/archive/index.php/t-10663.html
 Deadliest_Snatch
Msg: 10
Posted: 11/6/2012 2:33:19 PM
^^^ Wow! Same name/ everything! Several reliable news sources make it sound current!

Anyway ... Would you feel defrauded if your mate had altered their appearance?
Are they responsible to disclose before having kids?

My mom told me that a lady she grew up with made her fiancé get his prominent ears pinned back before they'd wed.
Presumably, she'd do it to the kids if they exhibited the trait.
It was almost considered scandalous in the community that she would be so selfish and superficial to put her husband through that (60+ years ago).
 U make it entertaining
Msg: 11
Posted: 11/6/2012 5:53:22 PM
LOL ... Now that is too funny!!!

I don't blame him for being shocked.
When you marry someone you expect the child to look like a mixture of the both of you.
In fact you make remarks on how the child has your nose .. or your eyes.
But to see a child that looks totally different.
That must have been a shock.

The woman should of provided him with a heads up.
Stupid woman.
 Westley_Auryn
Msg: 12
Posted: 11/6/2012 6:31:11 PM
Hey Sobri, it is weird that the internet is suddenly flooding this story all over and making it sound current.

But here is something even stranger...
The picture often used in the story is actually an advert for a plastic surgery site.
http://www.otsuka-biyo.co.jp/bc/case003.html
The name used is 'Yi sub Onodera' in that testimony (I used google translate)
 Bezoa
Msg: 13
Posted: 11/7/2012 5:28:13 AM
lol, this reminds me of an episode of the show "Frasier" where her boyfriend had a huge noes before the operation, and Roze had big ears and what not...

I think it's redunculous to bring this type of stuff into court. It is a different culture though, and I am left to wonder what the people thought about it over there.

It's a good thing we don't all have that overage of men, it's already hard enough as it is. I call it Ana, short for anaconda, although the amazon would most definitely a little less scary...
 five-marie
Msg: 14
view profile
History
Posted: 11/7/2012 10:25:20 AM
I think all pertinent information should be disclosed when planning a future with someone. That to me would include plastic surgery.
I'm saddened that anyone could view their child as horrific simply because of their facial features. Life is not horrible for ugly/average people! To view appearance as a handicap is ridiculous. We all know someone who is less than attractive but has many friends/good relationships.
This is just about the saddest thread I've ever read.
 Yule_liquor
Msg: 15
Posted: 11/7/2012 2:23:31 PM
Unless we are talking about facio-cranial deformities; there is no way one can determine if a new born baby is gonna be handsome/pretty or not (according to whatever societal standards) when they get older. The shape and contours of the head and face change drastically every few years as the child grows.

There are certain babies that are cuter than others but that by no means is an indicator of attractiveness when they grow up; thus the very concept of a homely/ugly baby is basically absurd!
 Dancing_4_You
Msg: 16
view profile
History
Posted: 11/8/2012 2:06:59 AM
who would think of such a thing. how is this mom/child now? they need to find someplace else to live. however, look at us, being picky about "chemistry". still, this is a child.

as for me, i tell all!! botox and restylane here :)
 L_LuuLuu
Msg: 17
view profile
History
Posted: 11/9/2012 4:17:19 PM
1. I looked at the pictures of the wife, and it appears to me that she benefited much more from the simple application of make-up. Surely the husband knew what she looked like bare-faced than with make-up.

2. There were no pictures of the daughter.

3. Personally, I have never seen a baby that I considered to be "ugly". All children are beautiful and special to me. As far as they way a new-born looks, albiet sweet, they ALL tend to look better in a few months. Almost all girls go through an "akward stage" when they do look a little funny, but they grow up, and their appearnace changes.

4. I'm really troubled at a man who "LOVES" a woman, as he claimed to have done -- until something goes "wrong".

5. The wife's family had $100,000 for the woman's cosmetic surgery, and $120,000 to be sued for. Couldn't they just have gotten plastic surgery for the daughter as well, since the child's appearance so much? What father doesn't love his daughter because he believes her to be "ugly".

6. With my understanding of the Chinese "ONE CHILD LAW" and the Chinese culture, I'm willing to bet that any cosmetic surgery the father would have selected for the baby would have been a sex change.
 SteelCity1981
Msg: 18
view profile
History
Posted: 11/9/2012 11:38:35 PM
lol this mans excuse is patheticly funny.

"I married my wife out of love, but as soon as we had our first daughter, we began having marital issues," he told the Irish Times. "Our daughter was incredibly ugly, to the point where it horrified me."

He says he married her for love then turns around and divorces her because their baby to him was ugly and blames the mother for it because she wasn't naturally the person he thought she was before he married her and accuses her to giving birth to an ugly baby because of that.
 mrsforums
Msg: 19
view profile
History
Posted: 11/10/2012 11:45:55 AM
Who's to say the unattractiveness gene came from her ? That baby may grow up to look exactly like one of HIS great-grandparents. The mother may have had attractive parents and siblings, but grew up to look like an unattractive relative from a previous generation.

If this is all true, I hope that little girl blossoms into a stunningly beautiful young woman...and gets the courts to reimburse her mother.

MrsF
 SteelCity1981
Msg: 20
view profile
History
Posted: 11/10/2012 1:03:46 PM

No, actually, if your read the story, he at first thought she had been unfaithful and it was someone else's child. Then a DNA test was done and he found it was his. Then his wife confessed that she'd had plastic surgery to be beautiful.

I did read the story. he sued her based on she not telling him she had plastic surgery done before he met her which he resulted into him saying that he had an ugly baby because of that due to it being her fault. To him love is only skin deep, because seeing as he thinks his own baby is ugly. i'm sorry true love goes beyond just looks and if he rejects his child just because it's not to his status of what he thinks a child should look like then he is a true prick.
 L_LuuLuu
Msg: 21
view profile
History
Posted: 12/9/2012 11:23:52 AM

BTW Lulu, her ears and mouth are quite different, so I believe plastic surgery was definitely involved, not just make up

Without a doubt, plasitc surgery was involved as per her admission.

It's hard to say how different her mouth was since in the first picture her mouth is partially opened, no lipstick, and she is not smiling. In the second picture her mouth is closed, made up, and she has a 1/2 smile.

As for her ears, they do not look so great TO ME either way. Any money spent on them was wasted IMHO.

Also notice that her eyes are 1/2 closed in the first picture. The picture looks like it was snapped when she just got out of bed, and was not aware she was about to be photgraphed.

Using make-up to make her skin look perfect, eybrows thickened, mascara to widen her eyes and accentuate them, and lipstick, and maybe plumper sure help a LOT. The main difference I notice is the bone structure in her face. It seems fuller.
 SteelCity1981
Msg: 22
view profile
History
Posted: 12/9/2012 7:31:43 PM

I find all babies ugly. I don't find them cute. Couldn't tell one from the other. The only ones who thinks their kids are cute are the parents. Nobody else does.

So then i guess you found yourself ugly as a baby as well?

That's not true how can you say that only the parents find their babies cute? My good friend just had a baby and i think her baby daughter cute. So i don't know where you get that assumption from but you are wrong about that.
 Aries_328
Msg: 23
view profile
History
Posted: 12/9/2012 8:13:41 PM

That's not true how can you say that only the parents find their babies cute? My good friend just had a baby and i think her baby daughter cute. So i don't know where you get that assumption from but you are wrong about that.

Because it was funny and partially true enough to be said. The problem is maybe we need more of her and she is opting out of the gene pool. Intelligent and educated people tend to have less children.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=icmRCixQrx8

Evolution doesn't necessarily reward intelligence.

"The meek shall inherit the earth," doesn't necessarily mean by any form of divine right... just simply a numbers game. There are and will be more of them.
 relaxingwithyou
Msg: 24
Posted: 12/9/2012 9:31:21 PM
^^^I think the genuine or metaphysical meaning of that biblical saying is that the humble(meek) enjoy the magic of the world. Egomaniacs routinely run into dead ends from being so self-serving.
 Vesta_ceres
Msg: 25
Posted: 4/17/2013 11:39:25 PM
The husband blamed the wife because of _his_ ugly genes. I get it!

Stupid, fraudulent crap (the dad's shit) like this occurs in China and there's a lot of historical context behind it that most people don't understand or know.
Show ALL Forums  > Off Topic  > Man sues wife for having "ugly" baby ... And wins!