Notice: Forums will be shutdown by June 2019

To focus on better serving our members, we've decided to shut down the POF forums.

While regular posting is now disabled, you can continue to view all threads until the end of June 2019. Event Hosts can still create and promote events while we work on a new and improved event creation service for you.

Thank you!

Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Ask A Guy  > Drunk State = Sober Thoughts      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 Socalguy1962
Msg: 5
view profile
History
Drunk State = Sober ThoughtsPage 1 of 1    
Beer Goggles can be a powerful thing.
Drunk State = Sober Thoughts
Posted: 11/7/2012 11:47:06 AM
there's no time element in your story, but i'm gonna guess these drunken trysts haven't been going on for too terribly long, since that's the usual time frame for the 'does he or does he not want a relationship?' question.

women are often impatient, mercenary, and unable or unwilling to distinguish between their own horny infatuation and true indicators of connection. as in, 'you're getting what you want - sex. now where the hell's my empty reassurance for what i want - emotional security?' that's what makes many of them easy to play, whether the guy is doing it, or they're doing it to themselves.

time is what reveals relationship skills and compatibility. a common yardstick is adversity. how couples deal with problems can reveal their commitment to sustaining what they have - as in, how much they are willing to deal with the other person when he/she is at their worst, and how much they are willing to deal with their OWN worst. this is information revealed over time. a wise person employs patience and keeps feelings in check during this vetting period, since it can't be rushed.
 Rheostatic
Msg: 13
Posted: 11/7/2012 1:46:48 PM

So, Is it true that a man will spill his true feelings and thoughts while in a drunken state of mind verses sober?

Christ I hope not...
 wackadoodledoo
Msg: 15
view profile
History
Posted: 11/7/2012 3:21:21 PM
I have been dating a man for almost a yr. He is not verbally or physically very affectionate. However, his actions speak volumes. When he drinks, however, he becomes much more verbally and emotionally expressive. I think it is a guard that was created over a lifetime of hurt and loss. We talk and talk and liquor doesn't always lead to sex when we drink.!!
 IgorFrankensteen
Msg: 16
view profile
History
Posted: 11/7/2012 3:58:59 PM
Alcohol is one of a number of intoxicants which cause a variety of things to happen to some people.

In addition to it NOT being a truth serum, it is also not reliable in any other way. That is, it also doesn't always cause lowered inhibitions, or extra friendliness, or any other behavior you can think of. Some people infamously become violent thugs when intoxicated. Some get extra silly. Some just get sleepy. And some get hyper.

In short, it's yet another aspect of a given human being that, if you choose to associate yourself with them, you have to accept in addition to how they are when sober...but forget about either of the two states, reliably illuminating anything about the other one.
 Walts
Msg: 17
Posted: 11/7/2012 5:25:13 PM
When I'm gooned, I'm one of the happiest men in this world. So, no, it's not really the person I am the other 20% of my life.

Anybody see that damn whiskey of mine???? Been looking for that bottle for the last 2 days and it's starting to peeve me off.
Show ALL Forums  > Ask A Guy  > Drunk State = Sober Thoughts