Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Relationships  > Sex with your ex      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 Yeshua1076
Msg: 1
Sex with your exPage 1 of 3    (1, 2, 3)
I ve been separated for a while now and am going through a divorce. Recently my soon to be ex and I have begun to have sex about 2-3 a week. Now I know what most will say but im not dwelling on false hope, I enjoy her company and our encounters and so does she but is this grounds to ask for a reconciliation or should I just enjoy it while it last? Mind you she tells me she loves me daily, and she is the person who initiated the split.

Any insight or opinions would be appreciated, thanks.
 _Meta_Man_
Msg: 2
Sex with your ex
Posted: 11/7/2012 2:43:00 PM
she's manipulating you to get what she wants in the divorce.
 strawberryrippleicecream
Msg: 3
Sex with your ex
Posted: 11/7/2012 2:52:31 PM
Suggest a reconciliation, sit back and see what roll on effect that has.
 Whisky_River
Msg: 4
Sex with your ex
Posted: 11/7/2012 2:54:19 PM
What's the problem? You're both consenting adults if you want to have sex...go ahead.
If you don't mind and she's willing..you're using each other...leave it alone.
This may just be because it's easy to go back to familiar territory...doesn't mean she wants the whole relationship back. Maybe, being seperated has bought some of the excitement back.??
Whatever...Get off this dating site until it's figured out.
Yes, another woman doesn't need to be caught into this unfinished business.
 wolftxusa1966
Msg: 5
Sex with your ex
Posted: 11/7/2012 3:03:54 PM
Too little info. Married how long? Kids? Reason for breakup? She might just stretch the time until she's eligible for alimony. Or she wants you back. But don't start anything here until you done...
 TC2u
Msg: 6
view profile
History
Sex with your ex
Posted: 11/7/2012 3:59:13 PM
If you're enjoying yourself. It's a win win. Let it ride.
 IgorFrankensteen
Msg: 7
view profile
History
Sex with your ex
Posted: 11/7/2012 4:00:41 PM
Check the laws in your area: If I were to so indulge here, the required time for us to remain married but separated would be reset to maximum again.
 moonchildMN
Msg: 8
Sex with your ex
Posted: 11/7/2012 4:33:17 PM
I only have an opinion...or more like a question, why are you going to go through with the divorce? Why not try counseling and try to reconcile?
 BlokeInSydney
Msg: 9
Sex with your ex
Posted: 11/7/2012 4:36:03 PM

Let it ride.

Or, let HER ride, as the case may be? lol
 deere_rancher
Msg: 10
view profile
History
Sex with your ex
Posted: 11/7/2012 4:38:18 PM

im not dwelling on false hope

Yes. you are !

she is the person who initiated the split

And as soon as she finds someone better to 'service' her
she will initiate another split

Don't torture yourself ....... see it for what it is ...a Divorce ..!.
 chelseajkt1
Msg: 11
view profile
History
Sex with your ex
Posted: 11/7/2012 4:47:23 PM
That is not that unusual to happen in fact it's very common. Try to find common ground and see what happens...good luck to both of you.
 H0wAboutIt
Msg: 12
Sex with your ex
Posted: 11/7/2012 5:27:04 PM

I ve been separated for a while now and am going through a divorce. Recently my soon to be ex and I have begun to have sex about 2-3 a week. Now I know what most will say but im not dwelling on false hope, I enjoy her company and our encounters and so does she but is this grounds to ask for a reconciliation or should I just enjoy it while it last? Mind you she tells me she loves me daily, and she is the person who initiated the split.

******FIRST THING****
FIRE YOUR ATTORNEY!

WHY ON EARTH WOULD YOU SLEEP WITH HER?? Do you know the LEGAL ramifications this COULD HAVE?
You should have NO CONTACT with her UNLESS IT'S FOR LEGAL PURPOSES OR it's for your scheduled visits with the child(ren) (if there are any)...

F*** her AFTER you get your stuff finalized...
And even then... there's too many women out there to bring yourself down like that...

My advice: Don't DO IT

EDIT: Try and reconcile..there's a 20% chance as this is shaky....it's an option..but you don't know what's going on in her head..
 Jay.Gatsby
Msg: 13
Sex with your ex
Posted: 11/7/2012 5:42:31 PM
Sex with your ex!?!?! That is crazy! It's only going to hurt you in the end man. "They only have one chance. Anything after that is on you." Don't get sucked in. Deep down yeah you love her but she's playing with your head. Good luck with it man
www.selfblend.com
 MutedEnthusiasm
Msg: 14
Sex with your ex
Posted: 11/7/2012 6:18:49 PM

…is this grounds to ask for a reconciliation

Could you have her contact us and we'll let you know?
 bigprime
Msg: 15
view profile
History
Sex with your ex
Posted: 11/7/2012 6:35:22 PM
just take it as it comes ive been divorce for 2 years and she call me for sex and when i give it to her i give it good making her cum like 5 times and yes i still love her
 msemeraldeyes73
Msg: 16
Sex with your ex
Posted: 11/7/2012 6:42:22 PM
You need to know why she wanted the divorce and if her reasons have been resolved.

If you want to try to work it out, you need to do 2 things:
1) marriage counseling
2)stop having sex with her.

Sex clouds your judgment. Get both of you into marriage counseling and see if it can or should be saved.
 friendshipcomesfirst
Msg: 17
Sex with your ex
Posted: 11/7/2012 7:43:47 PM
None of us would know really... my ex and I tried to reconcile prior to the divorce- it was not good. but some couples do manage... you can ask, the worst that can happen is she says no, let's just do this... FYI- loving someone does NOT mean that you are compatible
 DameWrite
Msg: 18
view profile
History
Sex with your ex
Posted: 11/7/2012 8:13:24 PM
Why bother saying or doing anything other than being yourself, if you two get back together, you will but making her decide on a reconciliation right now might make her pull back... unless whatever reason she left has changed.
 Perspektiv
Msg: 19
Sex with your ex
Posted: 11/8/2012 3:25:22 AM
I think you need to have a talk with your ex, and make sure you're on the same page, or risk a continuation of something that will crush you even further.

If you're not both willing to sit down and make sure both of your needs are being met moving forward or what both of your needs are, I think this is nothing more than a continuation of something that is already over.

My ex wanted me to stay around, until I realized she was just trying to live down her guilt at how the relationship ended.

If both are genuine, it can work. If there are ulterior motives, forget about it.
 HeartOn64
Msg: 20
Sex with your ex
Posted: 11/8/2012 3:58:47 AM

I've been separated for a while now and am going through a divorce. Recently my soon to be ex and I have begun to have sex about 2-3 a week.Mind you she tells me she loves me daily, and she is the person who initiated the split.

Wow....she made hers and your bed and now she not sleeping in it!

Talk about mixed messages.In my state,my STBX and I had to be phyiscally separated for a year and a day in order to even consider filing for a divorce.Some states don't care if sex happens during that time frame,others only count a legal separation after you stop having sex.We NEVER hooked up for sex during that year.We NEVER said we loved eachother still.We didn't mind or body fuk eachother at all as it was hard enough to deal with our new reality.

Not to mention,since I initiated the divorce,why would I lead him on or tell him I loved him and continue with the divorce? Seems pretty heartless if you ask me.And ex is an ex for a reason and whether you are "done" with her or not,she is done,but not done at the same time.

She is playing with your emotions and you need to stop having sex with her and inform her that unless she wants to reconcile,the "fuk stops here"!
 Zuglo65
Msg: 21
view profile
History
Sex with your ex
Posted: 11/8/2012 4:37:51 AM
Hm..The way I see it, she has an itch, and needs someone to scratch it.
I agree with a posters who said enjoy it while it last.
That is unless you have high hopes for reconciliation.
 Archangel_07
Msg: 22
Sex with your ex
Posted: 11/8/2012 5:57:11 AM
Suggest a reconciliation, sit back and see what roll on effect that has.
---------------------
What Strawberry rippleicecream said. Suggest it, but just let everything happening for it's self.
 carolann0308
Msg: 23
view profile
History
Sex with your ex
Posted: 11/8/2012 6:57:08 AM
Why get divorced? 2-3 times a week together and you have children? Sounds better than most marriages.
 I-am-Rei
Msg: 24
Sex with your ex
Posted: 11/8/2012 7:27:30 AM
Do you want reconciliation? If so, have you asked her about it when she says "I love you" to you? If you could still save the marriage then why oh why you two were not talking about it?
However, if the divorce is halfway done then maybe wait for the final divorce papers then marry her again?

:peace:
 _PassionFlower
Msg: 25
Sex with your ex
Posted: 11/8/2012 9:34:09 AM
GO FOR IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Show ALL Forums  > Relationships  > Sex with your ex