Notice: Forums will be shutdown by June 2019

To focus on better serving our members, we've decided to shut down the POF forums.

While regular posting is now disabled, you can continue to view all threads until the end of June 2019. Event Hosts can still create and promote events while we work on a new and improved event creation service for you.

Thank you!

Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Dating Experiences  > dating without pictures      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 msemeraldeyes73
Msg: 2
dating without picturesPage 1 of 3    (1, 2, 3)
Not being "able" to send a pic is a red flag. It isn't about not having one on her profile its about not being able to even send you one. Most phones have a camera.

Sounds to me like she is hiding something.

Best of luck
 Irish Eyez
Msg: 3
dating without pictures
Posted: 11/11/2012 11:04:17 AM
I recently had a man who didn't have a pic on his profile, nor would he send one on request. He did, however, want me to Skype with him, then I would see what he'd look like.

I declined.

If he can Skype, he can take a pic and send it to me.

OP: I have a friend who lives in Ontario, Canada. He'd been chatting with a woman out west for 6 months, phone etc., and yes, saw her pics on her profile. He wanted to meet her, so he drove all the way to the west coast only to find upon her answering her door, the pics he saw on her profile were of her neighbour, NOT her. Can you appreciate how upset he was? I can.
 vancitygurl78
Msg: 5
dating without pictures
Posted: 11/11/2012 11:33:08 AM
In 2days day and age it's best to ask someone for a picture and then meeting them.

If they decline to give me a picture than that raises a flag to me.

Also when someone does give u a picture, u should try to add them on FB as well and see if they indeed have pictures of themselves on there or not and perhaps how many friends they have. If the profile is a fake, they mite not have that many friends and it's a legit FB page, their friends would be in the 100's and more.

Stay away from ppl who have less than 100 friends. That's a red flag for me.
 CDMer
Msg: 6
dating without pictures
Posted: 11/11/2012 12:03:07 PM
I did it a couple times many years ago. Things worked out OK. Back then many people were unwilling to show their pics on a public website. But times have changed and unless someone is a celebrity, other high profile person or states in her profile a good reason to not provide a photo I would not bother meeting her.

U make it entertaining
Msg: 7
dating without pictures
Posted: 11/11/2012 12:10:49 PM
I did once.
Never again.
OP ... I think you are making an error.
ANYONE can post a photo it they want to.
Obviously she doesn't want to give you a heads up on what she looks like.
Which means there is something to hide.
That in itself sounds suspicious, no?
If you do go ... come back and let us know why she chose not to post.
This will be interesting.
 lobo65
Msg: 8
view profile
History
dating without pictures
Posted: 11/11/2012 1:02:50 PM
Nope. Been burned before that way, but never again.
 freespiritxoxx
Msg: 9
dating without pictures
Posted: 11/11/2012 1:08:20 PM
Best of luck on your meet with her... Myself I would have to see a picture before meeting anyone.
 supplygoodguy
Msg: 11
dating without pictures
Posted: 11/11/2012 1:54:22 PM
People who hyde are hiding something... if you can't post a picture with your profile you shouldn't be performing life in your own brain.. the profile pic should be of the person with the profile and there should be no buddy pics or kids pics or ex wives or girlfriends pics.. i think anyone who decides to write in the forums should not keep pics up .. there is no need to advertise yourself in any way if you are here only to communicate in the forums.. women advertising themselves half naked and write.. "I'm only here for the forums appear... questionable as to motive.. NPD writers. who can provide input to self absorption hmm"

It's a good idea on here to watch also for the disappearing pictures .. where a guy contacts you and then disappears.. this spells trouble.. anyway I guarantee that a mystery woman is going to be trouble.. unless she is the new director for the CIA then of course, I understand.. hmm
 supplygoodguy
Msg: 12
dating without pictures
Posted: 11/11/2012 2:00:50 PM

but they wanted a man to base his interest in whom she was as a person, and secondly, they felt a bit dirty selling themselves publicly.

Yeah that's a load.. if the first reaction to females by men is visual .. than that is a nice idea but some bigtime bs.. what's dirty about a normal picture of yourself as you would be going out for a walk in the woods.??? You can't feel dirty .. it isn't a feeling.. they must be soooo beautiful that the entire cyber world would drop at their feet.. I think that is delusional .. as for them being what you wanted.. ? how come your still here?

We advertise who we are via how be behave.. and we get treated for who we are how we expect people to treat us.. I'm surprised any middle aged person doesn't know that ..

No picture means trouble.. if your curious about what kind of trouble enjoy the coffee .. you'll find out eventually .. yepp..
 Debyduz_
Msg: 13
dating without pictures
Posted: 11/11/2012 2:19:04 PM
In this day and age, if someone doesn't have a picture, there is something seriously wrong. It is just about impossible to buy a cell phone without a camera.
 HappySingleSpirit
Msg: 14
view profile
History
dating without pictures
Posted: 11/11/2012 3:02:58 PM
No way!
If someone without a picture is looking to meet a potential date, he/she should only contact people with no pictures. Problem solved.
 AxeMurderer75
Msg: 15
dating without pictures
Posted: 11/11/2012 3:11:50 PM
Coffee is cheap and doesn't take much time. Why not - go for it. Just don't be surprised if she turns out to be married.
 thx4playin
Msg: 17
dating without pictures
Posted: 11/11/2012 4:11:44 PM

Has anyone met someone without seeing a picture.

Yes. Pictures don't really matter IMO.
Nothing really matters until you actually meet.

I mean

...without seeing a picture...She had the average body type on her profile, that of course was not the case...

and

the pics he saw on her profile were of her neighbour, NOT her

No matter what you should be focusing more on what is being typed or said on the phone.
When you are enthralled by a shiny picture like a newborn with keys it's easy to not pay as close attention as you should to what is said or typed.

I think I will still take a chance

What chance are you taking?
Are you meeting her in a dark alley at midnight after her telling you to bring plenty of money and come unarmed?
It's not really taking a chance.
It seems more like accepting a pain in the ass because you have to drive 40 miles.
But not really taking a chance.

I was curious as to what others experiences in this area have been

Picture or no picture there is no guarantee of anything at all.
 Walts
Msg: 18
dating without pictures
Posted: 11/11/2012 4:18:07 PM
Well, personally, as long as half of my bottle has been emptied, I've never had nothing positive experinces with dating women with no pic up. Don't really even consider the possibility when I'm sober.
 wolftxusa1966
Msg: 19
dating without pictures
Posted: 11/11/2012 4:59:32 PM
I insist on pics now. It only happened once that I dated a woman without a pic. Her reason was that she didn't want to be recognized as being on a dating site at work. She said it was not because she was ugly, she was good looking. I liked what she said in other messages and decided to give it a try. She fibbed a bit regarding her looks. She was not good looking, she was awesomely GORGEOUS. The most beautiful woman I've ever had the pleasure of dating. We were together for over a year. I remember the sound of my jaw on the floor when I first met her. I would have missed out on knowing her if she had had a pic, thinking she's out of my league.

But I'm too chicken to try it again.
 Drawesome32
Msg: 20
dating without pictures
Posted: 11/12/2012 10:44:19 AM
id happily meet a woman i found interesting, pic or no pic. the pics on this site are almost worthless. 9 times out of 10, the pic is old or misleading in other ways. why base so much off a pic? are we so busy or so shallow that we dont have time to meet someone interesting unless they have awesome photos?

you dont really know if youre going to be attracted to anyone until you actually meet them. if youre talking to someone online, and really find them interesting, take a chance. whats the worst that can happen? oh yeah, you might not find them attractive. big deal.
 justgowithit74
Msg: 21
dating without pictures
Posted: 11/12/2012 10:57:24 AM
I can't say I have ever met someone that I didnt get to see a pic first. I will however chat with someone even if they don't have a pic. But if a pic is not offered up rather quickly then I move on. To me if they are not willing to show you who they are, then there are some issues going on there. It could be many things, but still it's a red flag.
 kittinn
Msg: 22
dating without pictures
Posted: 11/12/2012 4:23:33 PM
When i first put up this profile, i legitimately could not share pictures. My computer died, i now use a tablet, and the process for uploading a picture was a little more difficult than with a PC. In the meantime, although i could take a picture with my phone, i could not text it as i don't have a data plan, and that's necessary for picture messaging.
Were there men who were bothered by my excuses? Sure. Some were even rude. But so what? Their reaction saved me some time figuring out who they really were.
The men that i did meet were polite and were gentlemen, and even though none have progressed to become a relationship, i feel that each meet was time well spent. I enjoyed the company and the conversation, and believe it was mutual.
Although i have now finally figured out the convoluted way of adding pictures from my tablet, i choose not to post one on my profile. This is partly for professional reasons, but also because i am ultimately searching for a partner for the rest of my life. I plan to live a long time, and doubt that i'll be terribly attractive when i'm 90; at that point, he'd better be interested in what i have to say... And vice versa.
 ColeenAnn
Msg: 23
dating without pictures
Posted: 11/12/2012 4:42:55 PM
It doesn't matter how incredibly awesome their profile or personality is - if you can't get past the picture there will never be any chemistry.
 Iandwho
Msg: 24
dating without pictures
Posted: 11/12/2012 4:50:09 PM
Message no. 5...wow I dont have even close to 100 friends on FB so I must be a fake...:)
it is amazing how little I know of this world :)
and 9 out of 10 pictures are old? is this the day of generalazations..:)
I like to see a picture and not only a face picture but also a whole body picture,
without a picture no talking, well there was a exception to that rule and that is
if the guy is extremly interesting in his conversations, but still I expect a picture....
 YourBrandNewGuy
Msg: 25
dating without pictures
Posted: 11/12/2012 4:54:01 PM
I generally don't waist any time on the picless, but there are always exceptions. The fact that shes willing to meet is a good sign. It's only 40 miles and you're gonna do it anyways so best of luck. Let us know what she looked like.
 kittinn
Msg: 26
dating without pictures
Posted: 11/12/2012 6:39:48 PM
We all have boundaries with regard to who we will contact.
I won't "waist" time on those who cannot spell. It greatly reduces the number of people i can contact, but it also limits the risk of finding myself on a date with a man i would like to 'complement' only to find out that he is looking for a woman to 'compliment' him.
And i just hate asking someone about where they obtained their graduate degree and in what field, only to find out they actually 'graduated' from high school.
Just don't get me started on all the men who are "searching for my special women"...

{Yes, this is mostly tongue-in-cheek}
 TraveliciousGuy
Msg: 27
dating without pictures
Posted: 11/12/2012 8:22:47 PM

Has anyone met someone without seeing a picture.

Yes. I have met several women without first seeing a picture and no one looked like the wicked witch of the west.

I think I will still take a chance and meet her.

Good for you. Be adventurous.
 I-am-Rei
Msg: 28
dating without pictures
Posted: 11/13/2012 6:32:06 AM

If he can Skype, he can take a pic and send it to me.

What is wrong with skype? I think you could have a better visual of the person than just seeing a picture.
With regards to FB, I haven't met the 100-friend mark as well. I'm not the type who click on every friend requests just to show that I have lots of friends. It's shallow to measure one's personality through FB friends.

Leggs526
Msg: 29
dating without pictures
Posted: 11/14/2012 11:35:36 AM
I've gone on 3 dates with men who did not post pictures; in each case I found there was a reason they did not post a picture. None of them looked like how the described themselves. One was short, 5'5" the other very overweight; he claimed to have an "athletic' body type (Can we say Sumo Wrestler) the other was at least 15 years older than he claimed to be. I met with each of these guys long enough to let them know that I was not happy with the lies, and that they should be honest on their profiles. You are basing your relationship on a lie so how can you expect to build from that.
I have also discovered many men and women who do not post pictures are usually married.
LEPEW62 the final decision is yours; but consider this What are they hiding?
Show ALL Forums  > Dating Experiences  > dating without pictures