Notice: Forums will be shutdown by June 2019

To focus on better serving our members, we've decided to shut down the POF forums.

While regular posting is now disabled, you can continue to view all threads until the end of June 2019. Event Hosts can still create and promote events while we work on a new and improved event creation service for you.

Thank you!

Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Ask A Guy  > Having some trouble..      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 SunshineAngel99
Msg: 2
view profile
History
Having some trouble..Page 1 of 1    
What do you mean standards are very high? If you have high standards have you asked yourself why shouldn't these guys have high standards as well? If you want a tall, dark handsome man that is well educated, why shouldn't guys want a petite, sassy blonde?

Reality is that everyone has preferences and standards when it comes those they see as potential dates. If you have too many standards, then you may have answered your own question already as to why you may no be receiving a lot of dates.

In my opinion, I think you are young, and you should relax a bit more on your standards, but not too much.
 Halcyon_Skies
Msg: 4
Having some trouble..
Posted: 11/15/2012 10:13:41 AM
The rest of your pics are not all that flattering and get rid of the pic with you holding a baby it will make guys think that you biological clock is a ticking time bomb.

I agree with Dino57---plus, that last picture makes your arms look big, and is not a flattering angle at all. I would also take out the part of being "extremely family-oriented". It reads that you're anxious to start having kids.
 seafoodandeatit
Msg: 8
view profile
History
Having some trouble..
Posted: 11/15/2012 4:41:02 PM
I didnt read everyones reply but i liked the one from StarBreezy.
I didnt do very well at school but i have worked two jobs most of my life, built a new house,(paid off.)
raised two girls, never done drugs,stole,hit or ever miss treated any female.
so there are smarts and there are smarts.
Show ALL Forums  > Ask A Guy  > Having some trouble..