Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > British Columbia  > Meet Me Features      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 sj7
Msg: 1
Meet Me Features Page 1 of 1    
For whatever reason POF keeps trying to match me up with people who don't share my faith, and who based upon their faith would not be compatible with me. Is there a way to get POF to change the Meet Me feature so that I am paired more with people who share my faith? I don't know about you folks but I do believe that finding someone who shares my faith is important. It might not be important for you but it is for me.
 Walts
Msg: 2
Meet Me Features
Posted: 11/17/2012 7:14:25 AM
I hear what you are saying. I'm matched up with people that don't do drugs, don't drink good whiskey, and are complete dumbbums.

POF can only do what it does. It's basically up to the individual to do their own weeding out. You could mention your "faith" and your requirments in your profile.
 biziedizie11
Msg: 3
Meet Me Features
Posted: 11/18/2012 12:21:29 AM
Have you thought about a religious site? This place is more about cougars and hook ups.
 Sillyworld
Msg: 4
view profile
History
Meet Me Features
Posted: 11/18/2012 11:47:50 PM
I don't understand what POF is trying to accomplish with the "Meet Me" feature.
I've contacted a few of the women that POF sent emails claiming that they wanted to meet me. Most say that they don't know what I'm talking about, that they've never used the Meet Me feature. I just ignore those messages now.
 sj7
Msg: 5
Meet Me Features
Posted: 11/19/2012 7:26:56 AM
I think you make pof what you want to make of it. If you want to make it about hook ups then I guess you could do that... I thought perhaps there was some sort of search feature I might have missed.

I just keep turning down men who don't have a compatible faith with me but I don't put on my profile matching my faith as important because it's not necessarily that important to me just as long as the two are compatible but there are faiths that are not compatible with mine. This is not to be disrespectful to people of other faiths and religions this is just a preference of mine.

Good to know that men are starting to turn away those messages. I've had messages sent to my inbox that so and so wants to meet me so I send a message and then hear nothing in return. I figured that if my profile stood out to any one then maybe they'd respond by writing me a message...

Sometimes going to religious dating sites you don't always get the guys who are honest about what they believe ... at least on secular dating sites the guys aren't pretending to be a Christian when they are not... on Christian dating sites a lot of the guys on those sites are trying to get the good Christian girl so they puff up their profile even more and so on secular dating sites you will find more integral men. I'd rather an integral non-religious man then a dishonest man puffing himself up to be somebody he is not. And while you might get that on secular dating sites you find more men who are actually real with who they are. I'm certain there are great guys on the Christian sites but it's even harder to weed out the men on actual Christian dating sites since they are trying to make their profile be as close to Jesus as possible when really nobody comes close to Jesus. So I'm more likely going to meet my match on a secular dating site.

At the same time I don't place a lot of weight on these dating sites either. If I meet somebody off of here great and if nothing happens then nothing happens. I don't have a lot of expectations on pof and I have even less expectations on religious /christian dating sites.

redesign1
Msg: 6
Meet Me Features
Posted: 12/26/2012 5:58:25 PM
i like the meet me features but the others are right... u have to do the sorting out urself. I don't have time to read everyones profile the meet me ones I willl read through and even IM them if they respond then I may consider meeting up with them in real time and reel life lol.
 AwesomeKisser
Msg: 7
view profile
History
Meet Me Features
Posted: 12/28/2012 12:06:25 PM
Advanced search is your friend.
 Paddy_o_Lantern
Msg: 8
Meet Me Features
Posted: 1/1/2013 6:18:16 PM
Just ignore the meet me feature or any other feature of this site if you are not finding it useful.

OP maybe you should be looking on Relgious sites or at church functions for a mate.
 elednuw
Msg: 9
view profile
History
Meet Me Features
Posted: 2/5/2013 11:49:19 PM
The meet me feature is just POF's generalization of people in your age bracket,but doesn't get into the personal preferances your looking for.I would just skip the "meet me feature",and just be very specific to your faith needs in your profile.
 SuperFunGuy
Msg: 10
Meet Me Features
Posted: 2/11/2013 1:10:16 PM
I can't stand that meet me forum. All the women on there are people that don't interest me period!
 JoeyT2870
Msg: 11
view profile
History
Meet Me Features
Posted: 12/2/2015 12:21:34 AM
I have gotten some views, and talked with a few good women thru using it.....however....I do have a question......do you think it's more acceptable to click yes or maybe when interested ?? Feel free to reply .....just curious how others feel/see it .
Show ALL Forums  > British Columbia  > Meet Me Features