Notice: Forums will be shutdown by June 2019

To focus on better serving our members, we've decided to shut down the POF forums.

While regular posting is now disabled, you can continue to view all threads until the end of June 2019. Event Hosts can still create and promote events while we work on a new and improved event creation service for you.

Thank you!

Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Broken Hearts  > Broken Heart      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 AvailableinIndy
Msg: 2
Broken HeartPage 1 of 1    
Move on...that is what you need to do. He is a nut case, and you need better. This has been a year? You gave him several of chances, it didn't work, delete his number from your phone, and get over it. This happened because there is something better for you out there...
 oldfashmntman
Msg: 6
Broken Heart
Posted: 11/28/2012 6:47:45 PM
You're username says it all hon, find yourself a man of character and integrity.

OFMM
 GJBrown
Msg: 8
Broken Heart
Posted: 11/28/2012 7:30:12 PM
just try to avoid bipolar guys like that. tough to move on if You really loved him but It will pass eventually
 deere_rancher
Msg: 10
view profile
History
Broken Heart
Posted: 11/28/2012 8:39:28 PM
Sorry Op ...would he agree to talk to a Dr about his mood swings ..?
Did this all start when he quit his job?

Unless he wants to change ..All the love in the world won't help
It may help if you keep note of his actions/mood swings and then
you talk to a professional

there maybe medications that can help...good luck.!
 moon_breeze
Msg: 12
Broken Heart
Posted: 11/28/2012 11:24:20 PM
He is unstable, unhappy and not what you deserve-take some time and find the love you deserve. You mention only bad things about him. I'm sure there were good as well but it's always scary when you see someone as the answer to your prayers. It puts them on a pedestal and makes you feel like you need them more than you really do.

It's hard, but start looking at these flaws you told us-and the others I'm sure there were. I think you'll be better with a whole and stable person-happier, not pressured, controlled and mentally abused. Good luck-you deserve better.
 mysyn
Msg: 18
Broken Heart
Posted: 12/25/2012 3:20:44 PM
You do know there are lots of other guys out there. Move on your future with your silly other half has you in a muddle. Relax and enjoy the day.
 boatbob2q
Msg: 19
view profile
History
Broken Heart
Posted: 12/21/2016 3:52:02 PM
Heck,I dated the same GIRL !
 KittyFab
Msg: 20
Broken Heart
Posted: 8/31/2017 12:45:53 PM
Me too - I dated this guy and he broke my heart
 Cynderella
Msg: 21
view profile
History
Broken Heart
Posted: 1/26/2018 3:25:21 AM
OP posted and never returned....
I hope after 6 years she moved on and or is safe.
 norwegianguy456
Msg: 22
view profile
History
Broken Heart
Posted: 1/26/2018 11:49:35 AM

We started off with a lot of passion and chemistry. It felt like he was sent by God and answer to all my prayers.

Strike one. World doesn't work that way. :)

I realized he was extremely jealous at first, and required all of my attention.

That's when you Walk. Little empathy toward you if you continue on, without at least trying to resolve it for a date or two to set the tone. Otherwise, you're helping to bring it on yourself. Classic situation of self-creating passion & chemistry by ignoring/down-playing the obvious Anti-chemistry.

It was getting close to a year, when he decided he was going to change jobs and move in with me.

Oh, HE decided, eh? What a sweet guy. :)

Then all hell broke loose, He became extremely negative, I realized that I lost my own identity, he was obsessed with sex, and I felt pressured and begged him to stop talking about sex so much, I never cut him off and he became afraid I would.

Signs were there that things would get bad. They were not great, but you ignored them until it got so bad you couldn't.

I informed him after he broke up with me twice that we should take it slow.

That's not a good idea. Doesn't really work that way, consciously/purposely "taking it slow" After you were already a couple in the very recent past. That's just role-playing and will frustrate one who Naturally doesn't want to.

he cried and said he wanted out, so I hugged him goodbye and let him go. He called the night before Thanksgiving and asked me to go with him to his family's, and I did.

See, it's this you keep signing up for. It's not like you agreed to go to a small bar to have a drink and talk, helping the post-breakup process. Meet The Parents? Really? You're NUTS! :) One would be Nuts to have sympathy for ya!

I was hurting and wanted to read the forums so I got on POF and there he was first thing when the site came up, with chat under his name.....I was crushed

Well, yeah, you two weren't together again yet. So yeah, he and you had every right to not delete your POF/Match/OKC accounts. He didn't do anything wrong there at least.

But what about the future, am I crazy to think we could have one? What should I do?

You're both nuts. Hopefully you didn't chase him, and went to therapy. Doubt ya did though. No sympathy for ya. :)
Show ALL Forums  > Broken Hearts  > Broken Heart