Notice: Forums will be shutdown by June 2019

To focus on better serving our members, we've decided to shut down the POF forums.

While regular posting is now disabled, you can continue to view all threads until the end of June 2019. Event Hosts can still create and promote events while we work on a new and improved event creation service for you.

Thank you!

Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Sports  > Manny Pacquiao vs Marquez 4      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 dwayne88
Msg: 2
view profile
History
Manny Pacquiao vs Marquez 4Page 1 of 3    (1, 2, 3)
I fear for Marquez since I believe he might get over agressive and leave his normal countering style at home. And if he does that, he might go to sleep.

Not that it matters. Because if Marquez KO'ed Manny, he would probably get DQ'ed for winning.
 Socalguy1962
Msg: 3
view profile
History
Manny Pacquiao vs Marquez 4
Posted: 12/8/2012 4:31:31 PM
Marquez sure got buffed for this fight.
 Socalguy1962
Msg: 4
view profile
History
Posted: 12/9/2012 8:48:45 AM
Ol' Pac-Man got KTFO! Now it's 2-1-1.
 dwayne88
Msg: 5
view profile
History
Posted: 12/9/2012 11:11:06 AM
My reply wasn't stupid. It was a legit concern considring how hard Manny hits and how desperate JMM was to finally get his hand raised,

I'm shocked more Pac fans haven't came in and tryed to cry steroids. All while ingoring how odd it was for Manny to jump up like he did in 08 and keep his power and speed.

Vengence was JMM's.
 dwayne88
Msg: 6
view profile
History
Posted: 12/11/2012 3:30:26 AM
People don't need to get ahead of themselves like the last guy.

Floyd would still easily beat JMM in a rematch. He would never lose to a slow counter puncher.

And I know nobody mentioned him, but he's bound to fight him again if he doesn't retire.
 MGMLION
Msg: 7
Posted: 12/11/2012 3:44:05 AM
Marquez got in a punch and knocked Manny out with 2 seconds left in the 5th round. Other than the 5th round Manny was up 3 rounds to 1 and Marquez was bruised up hurt and bloodied.
 dwayne88
Msg: 8
view profile
History
Posted: 12/11/2012 5:42:41 AM
JMM knocked Manny down in the third. That fight was rather close when it was stopped.

Not that it mattered, because the judges would've given it to Manny no matter what had it gone to a decision.

When a fighter has no defence, it doesn't matter how fast their hands are, or how hard they hit. Eventually they will get hurt. And that is what happened against Marquez.
 MGMLION
Msg: 9
Posted: 12/11/2012 10:18:37 AM
JMM knocked Manny down in the third. That fight was rather close when it was stopped.

Actually Manny was winning the fight 4 rounds to 1 when he was knocked out with 2 seconds left in the 6th round....If it wasn't for Marquez punch that knocked Manny out Manny would have won the 6th round as he threw and landed more punches than Marquez did...Marquez come into the 6th round with a cut eye, bloodied nose and having to breath through his mouth also Manny knocked out Marquez mouth piece at the beginning of the 6th round and was winning that round until the last 2 seconds of the 6th round...Marquez was lucky to win the fight.
 dwayne88
Msg: 10
view profile
History
Posted: 12/11/2012 11:06:36 AM
There was no luck involved in that KO.

Manny lunged with his chin up and his hands down.

Manny lacks defence and ring IQ.

He also lacks a jab and any sort of inside game. Just like most of Roach's fighters.

JMM got 2 points for the 3rd and I don't care what the judges thought since they don't seem to understand that coming forward does not mean your doing more than the other guy.
 MGMLION
Msg: 11
Posted: 12/11/2012 12:19:07 PM
There was no luck involved in that KO.

Of all the boxing matches in the world tell me one fight when one fighter is bloodied up losing by 4 rounds and losing the round until 2 seconds left in the round when the knock-out occured other than "Rocky" ???
 dwayne88
Msg: 12
view profile
History
Posted: 12/11/2012 1:15:39 PM
It happens dude.

Marquez has great timing and Manny just randomly ran at him.

You are suppose to keep your hands up and your chin down. Dumb*&! Pac did neither.

And the fight didn't really start turning for Manny until he rocked him in the 5th.. Manny was by no means dominating him.
 MGMLION
Msg: 13
Posted: 12/11/2012 2:19:35 PM

It happens dude.

Yep your right it happens...Like the last hole in a Major golf tournament where one golfer is two strokes behind but wins it with a hole in one....Our a football game when a team has been losing the whole game throws up a 60 yard Hail Mary to win the game on a tipped pass on the last play of the game..Yep it happens but luck is involved in those situations.

And the fight didn't really start turning for Manny until he rocked him in the 5th.. Manny was by no means dominating him.

If he wasn't dominating him he got the most out of him as I watched the fight on PPV acoording to the score card it was:
Round 1 Manny 10 / Marquez 9
Round 2 Manny 10 / Marquez 9
Round 3 Marquez 10 / Manny 8 Marquez knocked Manny down but no damage done.
Round 4 Manny 10 / Marquez 8 as Manny knocked down Marquez cutting his eye and bloodied his nose.
Round 5 Manny 10 / Marquez 9
Round 6 Manny was winning this round when he was throwing and landing more punches than Marquez..Manny also knocked out Marquez mouth piece and Marquez nose was bloodied so bad he was breathing out of his mouth... Manny tried to finish him up but Marquez threw a good punch unexpectedly to Manny knocking him head first into the canvas with 2 seconds left in the round ending the fight...
Marquez was lucky to win...
 dwayne88
Msg: 14
view profile
History
Posted: 12/11/2012 5:34:19 PM

Yep your right it happens...Like the last hole in a Major golf tournament where one golfer is two strokes behind but wins it with a hole in one....Our a football game when a team has been losing the whole game throws up a 60 yard Hail Mary to win the game on a tipped pass on the last play of the game..Yep it happens but luck is involved in those situations.

You do realize that Manny dropped Marquez 3 times in the 1st round of the first fight, and within a couple of rounds, Marquez had taken over, right?

You are really overstating things.

I had it...

10/9 Marquez.
10/9 Pac.
10/8 Marquez.
10/9 Pac
10/8 Pac

Sound like a massacre? No.
 MGMLION
Msg: 15
Posted: 12/12/2012 3:46:35 AM

You do realize that Manny dropped Marquez 3 times in the 1st round of the first fight, and within a couple of rounds, Marquez had taken over, right?

Your talking about the 1st fight that happened years ago....And that fight went the whole distance..HAhahahah

You are really overstating things.

I had it...

10/9 Marquez.
10/9 Pac.
10/8 Marquez.
10/9 Pac
10/8 Pac

I'm overstating things????? I watched it on PPV and I posted the score card how one of the judges scored it after each round of the fight. Which was
10/9 Manny
10/9 Manny
10/8 Marquez
10/8 Manny
10/9 Manny
And Manny was winning the 6th round until the last 2 seconds of the round.
 dwayne88
Msg: 16
view profile
History
Posted: 12/12/2012 6:11:23 AM
I was talking about their first fight. And in that fight, Marquez was able to do what he did after being put down 3 times in around. I'm saying that because you seem to act as it were a given that Pac was gonna win. But it clearly wasn't promised. As Marquez showed. LOL

I also do not care what the judges had on their cards. There is a reason why they had 4 fights, and that is because they either do not know what they are watching, or Bob Arum has slipped them some money to make sure Pac wins.
 MGMLION
Msg: 17
Posted: 12/12/2012 9:29:13 AM

No one cares what judges have on their scorecards

What a dumb statement...If the fight goes the distance the judges scorecard decide the outcome....You must not play any kind of sports at all.
 MGMLION
Msg: 18
Posted: 12/12/2012 1:05:09 PM

They particularly don't give a damn what a judge's scorecard is when a fighter has been knocked out. Do you catch my drift?

When a fight goes the distance and the referee is in the middle between the two fighters and the judges are announcing the score of the fight you don't think them fighters don't care....Yea right.
 dwayne88
Msg: 19
view profile
History
Posted: 12/13/2012 9:00:21 AM
I think someone isn't understanding.

Many people believe that Marquez won fights 2 and 3. Some even thought he won the first fight. Yet he somehow didn't get his hand raise until he took it out of the judges hands.

Unoffically, I have Marquez 3-0-1 against Pac.

I cannot take the judges seriously since they apparently don't understand counter punching and are too mezmorized by a guy coming forward to see who is landing the more effective punches.
 MGMLION
Msg: 20
Posted: 12/13/2012 11:52:56 AM

I had him winning the first and second fights, and thought the third was a draw.

That's why your not a judge....You don't know the rules or how to judge a fight.
 Fluke420
Msg: 21
Posted: 12/13/2012 2:19:41 PM
As a Mexican- Irish American of course I wanted to see Manuel juan Win.
But you can really never judge a fight fairly. unless there is a Ko or a TKO.
I myself would get in the boxing ring with Meriweather .He is a dope azz punk
 dwayne88
Msg: 22
view profile
History
Posted: 12/13/2012 2:48:48 PM
MG....do you believe Bradley beat Pacman? Because nobody that wasn't paid to score it for Bradley could actually do it with a straight face.

And to the other guy. LOL at you or any of us boxing Floyd. He would beat us to death.
 MrCorBoaz
Msg: 23
Posted: 12/14/2012 1:43:34 AM

how one of the judges scored it after each round of the fight.

There are 3 judges not just 1. In NONE of the previous bouts did the judges agree with one another. What is the point of posting the view of 1 in lieu of that major fact?

Anyone who thinks JMM got lucky simply is foolish and ignorant of the sport of boxing. This was a bout in which both combatants were as they have in all bouts landing solid shots. JMM already floored Pacquiao just 3 rounds before. The question of whether he COULD knock him out was answered in the 3rd when he knocked him down. Clean, well timed shot...down went Pac. What is obvious is that JMM worked on the tactic knowing fully Pacquiao's tendecy to get over-aggressive and walk in to slug. He moved, timed him and had a clear, clean, crisp shot that rendered Pac senseless. This is not the work of luck but of training, skill and application of the sweet science. Technically the rivalry is 2-1-1 with Pacquiao being granted 2 very very close and controversial decisions that not even the judges agreed upon, 1 draw and this the most definitive win in the series....a certain clear, unmistakable knockout in brutal fashion. In the eyes of many experts JMM was 1-1-1 going into this bout to them he is now 2-1-1 vs Pac. Doesn't matter, both fighters said going into the fight that they were going to settle it once and for all....it seems JMM settled Pac on the canvas unconscious.
 MGMLION
Msg: 24
Posted: 12/14/2012 5:51:55 AM

There are 3 judges not just 1. In NONE of the previous bouts did the judges agree with one another. What is the point of posting the view of 1 in lieu of that major fact?

I know that there are 3 judges ...Duh ... One of the judges in fight # 4 happened to be a woman....I watched the fight on PPV TV and after each round they would show ONE of the judges scorecards and that's what I posted 4 rounds to 1 in favor of Manny going into the 6th round when Marquez was bloodied up and had his mouth piece knocked out when he knocked Manny out with 2 seconds left in that round. Marquez was saved and won 2 seconds from the bell.
 MrCorBoaz
Msg: 25
Posted: 12/14/2012 4:26:06 PM

In NONE of the previous bouts did the judges agree with one another. What is the point of posting the view of 1 in lieu of that major fact?

Perhaps you should further contemplate that quote prior to responding. Clearly you missed the point.

Marquez was bloodied up and had his mouth piece knocked out when he knocked Manny out

Thus has been the nature of boxing for at least a century. In JMM/Pac 1 JMM was down 3 times in the 1st round yet came back and the fight was a draw. Bloodied and mouth piece being out mean very little in the scheme of these types of wars with fighters like JMM. Boxing history if full of them. Perhaps you should learn more about the sport. JMM set Pac up, was patient and got the opening he was hoping to get, then took full advantage.

How many men does it take to knock Manny Pacquiao out cold? ? ? ?

Juan!
 MGMLION
Msg: 26
Posted: 12/14/2012 7:15:09 PM

Perhaps you should learn more about the sport. JMM set Pac up, was patient and got the opening he was hoping to get, then took full advantage.

Yep he took advantage alright with 2 seconds left in the round if it wasn't luck then it was very good timing.
Show ALL Forums  > Sports  > Manny Pacquiao vs Marquez 4