Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Relationships  > Why do middle age women still feel the need to be all kissy, huggy an      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 anthony261
Msg: 1
Why do middle age women still feel the need to be all kissy, huggy and feeling in a relationshipPage 1 of 7    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7)
I am just wondering why every middle aged woman I meet or see on this site wants a man who is romantic. You would think at this point in their lives after having two or three kids and having been married once or twice they would have that out of their system. I don't see middle aged men and women being romantic. Is this normal? I can see kids acting like , well kids but people that are almost in their 60's feeling the need to be lovey dovey. Can someone explain this to me.
 _TALL_IQ2_
Msg: 2
Why do middle age women still feel the need to be all kissy, huggy and feeling in a relationship
Posted: 12/11/2012 4:23:02 PM
after having two or three kids and having been married once or twice they would have that out of their system. I don't see middle aged men and women being romantic.

Maybe THAT is why,
some are out looking again for what may have faded away for so many...

If ya don't like all that mushy female "romance" stuff, ya could always try switching teams...
 _Meta_Man_
Msg: 3
Why do middle age women still feel the need to be all kissy, huggy and feeling in a relationship
Posted: 12/11/2012 4:28:37 PM
hhhmmmmm....perhaps men who don't know the difference between affection and romance have driven them to this chaotic state of consciousness!
 notdating-forumsonly
Msg: 4
Posted: 12/11/2012 4:30:20 PM
That's a preference for a lot of people. If that's not for you seek someone who isn't affectionate, caring, etc. (yikes)

Having children or past relationships has nothing to do with losing the affectionate side that an affectionate person has.

My folks has been married for 56 years and they get MORE affectionate over time. They're holding hands, kissing and generally LOVING one another and demonstrating that in a big way. Quite sappy over each other and they like it that way. Go mom and dad. :)
 anthony261
Msg: 5
 clayart
Msg: 6
Posted: 12/11/2012 4:32:30 PM
Because they're human. Are you serious ????????????????????????????????
 jan1025
Msg: 7
view profile
History
Posted: 12/11/2012 4:34:01 PM
OMG you got to be kidding right? lol
 anthony261
Msg: 8
Posted: 12/11/2012 4:38:14 PM
Yes I am serious. I still don't see this as natural at my age. It is like do you still do the same things you did when you were a kid or have you grown up?
 clayart
Msg: 9
Posted: 12/11/2012 4:49:03 PM

I still don't see this as natural at my age.

Not natural to show love and affection ????????? Age has nothing to do with it. As for sex, you should be giving and receiving the best of your life at this age.

Some people will say anything for attention.
 jan1025
Msg: 10
view profile
History
Posted: 12/11/2012 4:49:53 PM
Ok Anthony,

I’m older, and I will be honest here. I don’t like groping men. I hate that… I don’t care if I loved him, keep your hands to yourself until it’s the right time for that stuff. I love holding hands, being held when outside the mood, but honestly most women know that if you’re going to be all over someone, it’s going to lead to something. Lol… If she doesn’t know it well then she’s not lived long enough, or she’s simply naïve.

Ooh and Anthony just to let you know middle aged women are in their prime, go figure right! lol It’s when they stop making the eggs is when she’ll slow it down… something to do with the hormones.

What a silly question coming from a guy. Never thought I’d hear a man come up with this type of question with concern written all over it! Amazing, learn something new every day! lol

Take Care,
Jan
 _Meta_Man_
Msg: 11
Posted: 12/11/2012 4:57:40 PM
Since when is a hug groping? Or just brushing up against someone? Touching them in simple ways by just putting your hand on them?
 OutMind
Msg: 12
Posted: 12/11/2012 4:58:13 PM

every middle aged woman I meet or see on this site wants a man who is romantic.

Dude, the problem is not them. The problem is you. You are not romantic. You are more interested in watching football and having a woman fetch you a beer than doing something that will turn her on.

Being romantic and wanting to touch your partner is not something you grow out of it. If you have it, you crave it. If you don't, you feel like you, like that is something weird to do and that requires work.

I feel for you, because you will never get those women. To you it will be an act, until you can get to have your girl to fetch you a beer and leave you alone to watch the game.
 AJ2517
Msg: 13
Posted: 12/11/2012 4:58:52 PM
I hope I never change as far as being passionate!!.....Step aside energizer bunny!
 Glenoran1
Msg: 14
Posted: 12/11/2012 5:16:23 PM
Op, love is both felt and expressed. You don't seem to have either going for you. Why, then, would you even be interested in being in a relationship, when there is no 'relation' (being able to relate) involved in it?

If this is indeed how you perceive being with a mate on an ongoing basis, you may well be the personification of the term 'cold fish'.
 Walts
Msg: 15
Posted: 12/11/2012 5:18:38 PM

I still don't see this as natural at my age. It is like do you still do the same things you did when you were a kid or have you grown up?

You've pointed out a problem that women will have with some men. I have the same problem. Meaning if you can't express yourself and want to act like a piece of stone, I'm pretty sure I will have nothing to do with ya. I LOVE acting like a child. Too many adults have forgotten what it's like, thus the ability to act and look like a stone.

Think about it. A child will speak up when he/she feels the need to speak,without worry about embarassment,or about being "appropriate" or not. They'll kiss ya when they want. Hugs too. Cry when they are sad,etc. Yeah, I can see that would bother some people.

Some of us grumpy old shiats should take a lesson from those young ones. Growing up is one thing. Acting like you're dead is another. I got plenty of time to do that later.
 moonchildMN
Msg: 16
Posted: 12/11/2012 5:23:25 PM
Whaaaat? I love being all kissy and huggy, in fact, I wouldn't waste my time with someone who wasn't affectionate, I'm not looking for a business partner.
 TraveliciousGuy
Msg: 17
Posted: 12/11/2012 5:51:33 PM

You would think at this point in their lives after having two or three kids and having been married once or twice they would have that out of their system

A true romantic never gets it out of their system.
 tampasmiles
Msg: 18
Posted: 12/11/2012 5:58:01 PM
Found this post to be ironic...in comparison to your profile...
" I used to play when I was younger. Planing on relearning to play."
I realize you were talking about the guitar but if read without knowing that...your post is saying people should grow away from the things they did while young...yet it is exactly what you are wanting to do in your own life.

Your post is kind of sad...without touching...there is no connection.
 NOCLOWNING
Msg: 19
Posted: 12/11/2012 6:02:09 PM
You have to be kidding!!! Thats is nothing better then the feeling of someone holding you. Coming up to
you a giving a hug and kiss for no reason.
Women could say the same about men your age playing x-box!!!
 daynadaze
Msg: 20
view profile
History
Posted: 12/11/2012 6:17:25 PM
Why in the world would men and women want to stop being cuddly, kissy, and romantic just because they are older? What do you think happens to people as they age? Do you think they turn into someone else? I don't know that anyone can explain it to you, since you seem to have zero empathy about why people are cuddly, kissy and romantic in the first place, I'm guessing it's beyond your scope.

Or maybe your hormones are out of whack and you think your lack of emotions for romance are normal? I have no idea but if you don't get it, no one explaining it to you is going to help.
 AnnB72
Msg: 21
 southmeetswest
Msg: 22
view profile
History
Posted: 12/11/2012 6:32:41 PM
op

my first response was because we are human! still a good response, but doesn't say it all.

affectionate people usually remain affectionate. sexual people usually remain sexual. age has nothing to do with it.
yes, there are life circumstances that change people (disappointments, injuries, inabilities, etc.) but people will work to get around those things and continue to have contact, physical touch, words, expressions.

some people who have not been sexual in the past will awaken to their sexuality with the right person and life circumstance. and yes, we can just let it die if we choose, but most don't. or at least in my world most don't.

you sound a little off with the statements you have made. i wonder what makes you feel like that. what is your history with affection? why do you feel you or anyone should outgrow it?

oh, and jan, when women stop making eggs it doesn't stop them from enjoying touching and feeling. i know that for a fact!

kaylee
 BLONDE_ANGEL845
Msg: 23
Posted: 12/11/2012 6:34:31 PM
Maybe they still like to get laid & don't need KY jelly either!

So many men complain of older frigid women, & now THIS? LMFAO!
 gtomustang
Msg: 24
Posted: 12/11/2012 7:06:26 PM
Actually, the real problem is, OP, you see life in logical/practical terms, and therefore approach it in a logical/practical, not emotional, way. that makes your needs different from most people halfway thru their life, approaching the twilight of it, questioning their prior choices' validity. seek out scientists and engineers, you may find a better fit.
 wisewoman_57
Msg: 25
Posted: 12/11/2012 7:13:28 PM
Strange, considering about 98% of the guys' profiles I read on here that are 'middle-aged' say they want someone who IS affectionate, many saying that their past relationship(s) were lacking in it, and they miss it--a lot.

And Just_A_Man, your beard is falling off :o)
Show ALL Forums  > Relationships  > Why do middle age women still feel the need to be all kissy, huggy and feeling in a relationship