Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Plentyoffish Get Togethers  > How can I avoid recieving Event Invites      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 BostonTerrierx2
Msg: 1
How can I avoid recieving Event InvitesPage 1 of 1    
I can appreciate what people are trying to do by organizing POF Events. For me though, I'll never, ever attend one. With that said, I do sincerel, think it's great that you "organizer types" so willingly put the effort in. Congratulations for actually caring to go the extra mile.

Here's my thing; I don'w want to have my inbox cluttered up with anymore invitations to POF events. I don't go. I won't go. I'll never go. So, how do I stop the organizers or the site from tagging me with an email for all of these events that I'll never attend. It's actually become horribly tedious having to deal with them,

If someone can let me know that'd be great.

Cheers!
 Blah_User_Name
Msg: 2
How can I avoid recieving Event Invites
Posted: 12/18/2012 7:02:03 AM
-> Edit Profile
-> Mail Settings
-> Near the bottom - Allow emails from Local Singles Events: Yes/No
-> Select NO
-> Click on 'Update Mail Settings' to update mail settings.

Job done.
 gcdeb
Msg: 3
Posted: 12/18/2012 7:04:58 AM
I wish I had your problem. I don't think I've ever received an invitation to a local POF event :(
 BostonTerrierx2
Msg: 4
Posted: 12/18/2012 7:43:24 AM
Believe me. You're not missing much. I find the events tawdry and boring. Just not my cup of tea. I'd rather go to a singles event at The Museum or the Art Gallery. Bars aren't the best spot to meet people for relationships. I'm pretty sure that the alcohol has negative effects on sensibilities. At least tha's what I heard. LOL
 Blah_User_Name
Msg: 5
Posted: 12/18/2012 8:11:48 AM
Why not organize one at the Museum or Art Gallery? It would mean meeting like minded people, give you as host a valid reason for approaching them all, and bring you to the attention of those who like similar activities. Just a thought.
 BostonTerrierx2
Msg: 6
Posted: 12/18/2012 12:20:42 PM
I'm not one to organise these types of things. It's not something that I would enjoy doing. If someone else were to do it, I might consider attending. Maybe. :-)

I appreciate your sentiment though. It was kind of you to try and swing it to the positive. Nevertheless, I think it's best for me to just follow the forums and have a chat with a few people now and again. Thanks aqgain for telling me how to stop receiving thiose invites.
 Blah_User_Name
Msg: 7
Posted: 12/18/2012 4:09:58 PM
Well, that's fair enough. And no problem. Glad to have helped.
Show ALL Forums  > Plentyoffish Get Togethers  > How can I avoid recieving Event Invites