Notice: Forums will be shutdown by June 2019

To focus on better serving our members, we've decided to shut down the POF forums.

While regular posting is now disabled, you can continue to view all threads until the end of June 2019. Event Hosts can still create and promote events while we work on a new and improved event creation service for you.

Thank you!

Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Over 30  > what is personality      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 Bezoar
Msg: 1
what is personalityPage 1 of 1    
just what is it?

last date i was on, it was explained to me basically

spending all my money on her
having money, fancy car
going on random stupid 'adventures", and doing things that are extremely mind numbingly boring.
 ShelbySask4friend1
Msg: 2
what is personality
Posted: 12/21/2012 1:03:26 AM
lol, I think they meant, more of a combination of emotion, attitude, and general behaviour response patterns...
But hey, a Lamborghini, screams personality...
 IgorFrankensteen
Msg: 3
view profile
History
what is personality
Posted: 12/21/2012 4:01:38 AM
With most relationship "touchstones," the definitions are simple:

If you are attractive to them, then you "have it," or "are it." If you are not attractive to them, you don't.

You can look up the dictionary-type definition of any word you want to, on line, or in a book made for the use. Don't bother to do so after you've been told "no" in one way or another, because when it comes to the dynamic of trying to form a union with someone, though "no" almost always does mean absolutely "no," the reasons supplied for WHY the answer is "no," are more likely to be whatever has worked in the past, to make the person being told "no" go away without a battle ensuing.

Hence what does "personality" mean, in the context of your last misadventure? Not what you angrily say it means here. Not having the right 'personality' means instead, as usual, "I do not enjoy your company as much as I want to, please go away."

Complaining about how the person who rejected you failed to use the "proper" definition for whatever label they threw at you to make you leave, is a mistaken tactic. It makes you look grumpy, and it NEVER makes them reconsider.

Much smarter to simply move on, and continue to become more thoroughly yourself, so that the people who do like what kind of personality you have, will recognize you when you come nearby.
 moon_breeze
Msg: 4
what is personality
Posted: 12/21/2012 1:05:25 PM
I have trouble finding guys with personality. To me, it means they actually have things to say, maybe they're a bit unique or animated, not afraid to say something just because it might offend. A lot of the guys say they're "nice" well news flash-nice doesn't have to be boring!

i don't need excitement, and certainly don't want a wild guy, just someone who can have a flowing conversation, maybe toss in some witty insights, quips or jokes. I even give it the benefit of the doubt and give them three dates thinking they might be shy, slow to warm up-it hasn't worked yet so I've stopped doing that.
 Bezoar
Msg: 5
what is personality
Posted: 12/21/2012 7:59:21 PM
wow the last post like, describes. im a sarcastic and witty sob.

the thing is in retrospect the actual words were i didnt have a personality because i didnt see the point of doing things i didnt want to do.

example, i dont want to go to a nascar event...... i have no personality
i wont watch nascar........no personality
i dont go to bars, clubs, saloons, etc........... no personality

get the idea better?
 StraylightRunn
Msg: 6
what is personality
Posted: 12/24/2012 3:28:23 AM
Personality: The ability to take a boring ordinary person and make them feel interesting by simply being around you. Basically someone with personality removes the responsibility of the other party to create and or sustain conversation or entertainment. Thus if someone other than you has to sustain conversation or create the entertainment YOU have no personality. However if you are creating and sustaining the conversation on the same token wouldn't they have no personality? I've noticed it's RARELY a two way street.
 Walts
Msg: 7
what is personality
Posted: 12/24/2012 8:14:53 AM

just what is it?

Something that shows up about 5 whiskies into the evening and the panties are dropped and the body is bent over.THAT my friend, IS personality!!!!!!
Show ALL Forums  > Over 30  > what is personality