Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Testimonials  > Why Do men just not tell you hey its not working out?      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 CheekySmile.81
Msg: 1
Why Do men just not tell you hey its not working out?Page 1 of 1    
Why is it men can't just be up front if they no longer are interested? I hate investing the time on someone and then they disappear without a word. Im a big girl and I can take it. It makes girl nuts because it is just out of nowhere. Just totally blindsided.
 cathleen1966
Msg: 2
Why Do men just not tell you hey its not working out?
Posted: 12/23/2012 2:11:56 PM
Thank you for your post. I dated someone several times but there is no connection and I wasnt sure how to handle it. I thought maybe I should just not answer his calls or text messages but you r right. Time to just say it
 sharadsun
Msg: 3
view profile
History
Posted: 1/1/2013 5:01:47 PM
I only recently learned to. It's hard for a man to eat his own pride (and his foot... and crow, for that matter) and instead of accepting the truth, we often deny it to ourselves and attempt to convince our tiny walnut-brains that everything is all right.

I recently split with a very beautiful and extraordinary girl I'd been with for more than a year because of an issue like this. It was a real wake-up call and I had the longest conversation with her about commitment, responsibility, and honesty. We left the conversation on the best note possible, and we're now in a platonic friendship that could explode back into romance at any point. Just the way nature intended. =p

Honesty is the highest virtue, and some men don't quite understand. The ones that do end up suffering for a little while during their teenage years, but I hope it pays off in the long run...
 Indira46
Msg: 4
view profile
History
Posted: 1/1/2013 7:50:48 PM
I personally would rather eat my own hand rather than tell someone it's not working out. I hate having that conversation.
 sharadsun
Msg: 5
view profile
History
Posted: 1/1/2013 9:02:24 PM
Having the conversation doesn't necessarily mean ending the relationship. Honestly, it usually leads to us reconciling our differences and being brought back together even closer than before.
 Happy_gal2013
Msg: 6
Posted: 1/5/2013 12:02:22 AM
It's not just males, it both sexes that do this. Some people can not cope with telling someone that I'm not into you. Sad but true. Good luck.
 InsertWittyNameHere1231
Msg: 7
Posted: 1/6/2013 7:01:18 AM
I don't know , why do girls play games ?
 1Tigar
Msg: 8
view profile
History
Posted: 1/11/2013 8:11:32 PM
I know exactly how you feel, I would rather a man tell me he is not interested than to make like everything is fantastic and poof he is gone. I always tell someone when I am not interested or I don't feel a connection because it is so mean to keep someone hanging and hoping for nothing.
 Fatuglybaldcreeper84
Msg: 9
Posted: 1/17/2013 7:37:05 PM
Because they still want sex from you as long as they possibly can get it.
 MalenTX
Msg: 10
Posted: 1/17/2013 8:35:24 PM
I think I am in the minority. I would rather tell the woman it is not working out than linger on and not be happy.
I also think the woman should tell the man it is not working out also.
I recently was helping a gal out who did not have a place to live and had a bad experience with her. I had left for coffee the other morning and came back an hour later to find my TV and $200.00 missing from my cupboard. I tried to get a hold of her repeatedly but no answer and about 5 hours later I filed a theft report on what she stole from me. I would of given the shirt off my back to her if she would of only asked. I guess you never know anyone, even if you live with them. I just wish she wasn't such a_succubus and would of said it wasn't going to work out. She was here 2 months and provided for all her needs as she had no money or a place to live. I am still confused as to why she did this to me. Why are women like this?
 Genuine_MRV
Msg: 11
Posted: 2/3/2013 8:41:16 AM
Women do the same. I was dating one recently who was initially needy and genuinely interested in me for the first while and all of the sudden wouldn't reply to me in any sort of prompt fashion, answer calls etc and when I eventually asked her what's up with it she told me she wanted someone less needy. Even though she was the one who wanted me to be around all the time initially. All I can make of it is a juggling act was going on or fear of commitment.
Worst part about these sites is even after someone is dating someone, they are still on here looking for one better. Especially paid users. They are financially committed to 'shopping' around.
It's a hard topic to bring up and sometimes you gotta see the signs and face them yourself.
 tv_kenny
Msg: 12
Posted: 2/23/2013 7:02:06 PM
The same reason why women don't.

I went on a date from another site received calls and text from said person only to have her not respond.
Same with this chick who was apparently wouldn't stop texting me one minute and as soon as I got another job, the text stops.

it's easy to see it from one point of view if you're not dating you're gender.
 Hogtownboy
Msg: 13
Posted: 3/4/2013 3:25:31 PM
What you have never had the crazy break up. I have had my car paint balled after having that speech and it was only the thrid date and no sex had taken place. After that I just don't call or reply if it not working out
 Albvs
Msg: 14
Posted: 3/17/2013 3:35:19 PM
Most people would rather live in a fantasyland with respect to their own looks, weight, attractiveness or perceived age rather than hearing the truth from someone else.

There really isn't a way of saying "sorry, but you're about... 60 lbs heavier than your profile photo makes you appear". How can you communicate that to someone? If you do, they're angry at you and directing all their inner-guilt outwards.
 ChocolateRose08
Msg: 15
Posted: 4/7/2013 9:34:11 PM
I COMPLETELY understand how you feel. I feel like men are so immature and can't fully express themselves. Its happen to me so many times. I sit there and wonder "what happened?" Honestly its BS... if you don't like me say so. On to the next one!!!!!
 that_ol_lady
Msg: 16
Posted: 4/22/2013 10:45:48 AM
Well for 1 that would be too much of a hassel for some

"cause they dont wanna have to deal waaa waaa throws fits an rolls around on the floor"

an that would call for some to actually man up..an maning up is not always fun or easy, even though it is the correct thing to do..

so it is easier to just cause a mess an go slient then vanish an leave you wondering why an to clean up the pile of poo they left behind..after all why would some wanna clean up the poop they made an left behind an then ontop of that explain why they did it in the first place sucha freaking hassel.. JEZZZ why do women have to nag so much why cant we all just shut up an do as were told..TEE HEE

whats funny are the ones who come back around as if nothing ever happened after the s hit storm has quieted down then they come with some lame excuse ive been busy i didnt know what to say,No you havent an yes you did.

or want to pick back up from where they left YOU off at,as if they were playing a game on xbox paused it went on about thier merry way an then came back picked up the controller an unpaused it an want to continue the level..

some fail to realize humans are not like a video game,some of us who are real humans can NOT be put on pause or saved for another day..
Show ALL Forums  > Testimonials  > Why Do men just not tell you hey its not working out?