Notice: Forums will be shutdown by June 2019

To focus on better serving our members, we've decided to shut down the POF forums.

While regular posting is now disabled, you can continue to view all threads until the end of June 2019. Event Hosts can still create and promote events while we work on a new and improved event creation service for you.

Thank you!

Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Relationships  > No talking...?      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 DietFree
Msg: 2
view profile
History
No talking...?Page 1 of 1    
I'll confirm what you already know. It's too bad that it didn't work out.
 supplygoodguy
Msg: 5
No talking...?
Posted: 12/25/2012 5:31:00 PM
birdie. birdie in the sky .. drop some white wash in my sty.. aren't you glad that some guys can't get on with the job of being blown .. in a bad way.. ffs.. eight years.. listen crazy ate.. got out and get some take out food.. and an old tv guide and see if you can have yourself shot into your past to live the last eight years you just wasted in cyber space .. bet the hash brownies were good tho..
 RERE1026
Msg: 6
view profile
History
No talking...?
Posted: 12/25/2012 5:39:34 PM
I think you are so right about your gut feelings. Eight years is such a long time and by now there should be some kind of connection. Maybe she has another agenda that she has not shared with you. Your feelings are probably genuine and on the money. Don't get a hold of her for a couple of months and see what develops. The proof will be in the pudding.
 daynadaze
Msg: 7
view profile
History
No talking...?
Posted: 12/25/2012 11:51:27 PM
She's trying to do that nice thing and not just come right out and tell you that she's not interested in you that way. She will cut it off completely if you continue to hit on her. If she were interested, she would have taken you up on meeting. If you want to continue to talk to her, you are going to have to cut off all these feelings you think could happen between the two of you, it's not going to happen on her end.
 Walts
Msg: 9
No talking...?
Posted: 12/26/2012 4:40:49 AM

Not responding to intro emails is one thing but a communication blackout after contact is different and far more frustrating.

But,please remember, not life threatning!!!! As soon as I see a lag in any form of communication, I have to assume the person I'm communicating with has lost interest, or has something that they find more important to do. Sometimes I'll get blamed for not putting that extra effort in, but, hey I'm phucking old. My body doesn't enjoy running the gauntlet anymore, unless of course, I'm going fishing,,,,for those real fish.
 H0wAboutIt
Msg: 11
No talking...?
Posted: 12/26/2012 6:04:22 AM

I have asked her over the last 2 weeks if she has time for a chat (talkin on the phone) and I never get a response. If I do, its some excuse. Is this a hint that she's just not interested?

Two problems: 1) lack of confidence
Should have just picked up the phone and called her. Stay off of texting. Texting is dangerous in relationships and dating.
So that probably lowered her interest in you that you're "seeking permission" to call. She gave you the number -- use it.

2) "Excuses" on why I can't spend 15 minutes on the phone with you means she will probably NOT accomodate you for an hour long date that involves extra time getting dressed, traveling, etc.

but Im guessing that shes not into it since the texting has slowed right down

Perhaps this is REALLY a sign that YOU SHOULD HAVE CALLED.
Texting is for your "buddies" and "friends"

Just pick up the phone call her and ask her out..takes 5-10 minutes tops. My money says if you called and asked her out like a man, she may take you more seriously.
 licoricecat_1
Msg: 12
view profile
History
No talking...?
Posted: 12/26/2012 6:16:50 AM
Instead of talking on phone why not ask her for coffee. Some people hate talking on phone, impersonal. If you already suspect rejection, what have you got to lose by asking her to meet you for coffee at a restaurant? The worse she could say is No or blow you off, but you have nothing to lose except what you already suspected and you would have done everything you could to make it happen. THEN let it go...
 windchymes
Msg: 15
view profile
History
No talking...?
Posted: 12/26/2012 7:34:25 AM
I could never understand why, when someone stops communicating, the reason HAS to something bizarre like they were kidnapped, or are lying dead in a snowbank somewhere, or are in a coma, or suddenly developed amnesia. But thinking that they just aren't interested in talking anymore is just too horrifying to even consider.
 ShelbySask4friend1
Msg: 18
No talking...?
Posted: 12/26/2012 7:48:37 PM
If you just got in contact with her again, she is maybe overwhelmed to take the online relationship to telephone,lol, sounds silly, but people will follow patterns until they pass...
A few others mentioned, some people do not like to talk on the phone a lot, and it iseasier to text, than have a phone pressed up against your face, your arm extended, and your jaw flapping for an extended period of time...

I am wondering if she is 100% actually single?...
Show ALL Forums  > Relationships  > No talking...?