Notice: Forums will be shutdown by June 2019

To focus on better serving our members, we've decided to shut down the POF forums.

While regular posting is now disabled, you can continue to view all threads until the end of June 2019. Event Hosts can still create and promote events while we work on a new and improved event creation service for you.

Thank you!

Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Ask A Guy  > What does a guy mean by cute?      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 Eric_Summit
Msg: 2
What does a guy mean by cute?Page 1 of 1    
It is absolutely and positively a compliment.
Men use it because it is a "safe" choice most women will not regard as creepy or overly-strong.
If a guy is using that word with you, he likes you.
 FairOaksChick
Msg: 13
What does a guy mean by cute?
Posted: 12/27/2012 2:41:56 PM
I am not a guy. However, when I hear "cute" I think of someone like Katie Couric (who apparently HATED being told she was cute). When I hear pretty, I think of someone like Julia Roberts or Halle Barry (sp?), when I hear the word beautiful, I think of the likes of Elizabeth Taylor or Natalie Wood or Rita Hayworth, when I hear sexy, I think of someone like...what is her name, the singer who wears next to nothing....Rianna?
If you are often told you are cute that is a GOOD thing, because it means that not only is the guy attracted to you but you are also someone he can see being in a relationship with.
 christ on a crutch
Msg: 16
view profile
History
What does a guy mean by cute?
Posted: 12/27/2012 5:29:38 PM

Does cute mean they feel sorry for the person, but they look sort of okay?

can't you just take a compliment as a compliment without the need to perfectly mind-read the complimenter? consider whether this is part of a pattern of analyzing things until your inner dialogue is swamped by insecurity.
Show ALL Forums  > Ask A Guy  > What does a guy mean by cute?