Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Testimonials  > How would you interpret this scenario?      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 LogansRun82
Msg: 1
view profile
History
How would you interpret this scenario? Page 1 of 4    (1, 2, 3, 4)
I was at taco bell, this female at the counter whom I see there regularly greets me with smiles. And one day she gave me a free drink and asked me how my day was going.

You may be like "lol, a girl gave you a free drink at taco bell and you feel compelled to make a topic about it?" Yes. Yes I do.

Honestly, she seems nice, good on her for being welcoming to customers / other people, but it really, really makes me uncomfortable, the free drink and semi-personal question that obviously isn't asked to all the customers. I feel pressured to make an emotional response of some sort, and I have none to give. I'm probably not going back to that specific taco bell now, at least for a long time.

How would you interpret this situation?
 NiceguyinLa
Msg: 2
view profile
History
How would you interpret this scenario?
Posted: 12/29/2012 9:34:55 PM
Hell free drinks!!! I would be coming back for more!!! What's the address? Lmao
 LogansRun82
Msg: 3
view profile
History
Posted: 12/29/2012 9:37:42 PM

Premeditated Gingivitis! Run, she will be throwing free toxic tacos next!

You're getting on my cool-poster list. keep it up.
 eM_eM03
Msg: 4
Posted: 12/29/2012 9:42:03 PM
Hi!
Im 32 and Ive had jobs since the age of 15. So Ive done all kinds of jobs & honestly nothing you have indicated is enough to think she likes you. I know that when I worked at a coffee shop we had our regulars & you kind of establish a friendship with them. It makes dealing with all the nasty people much bearable. And yes, if we like (as a person) the customer especially if they are regulars we gave free drinks. Honestly the how was your day is really not that personal. And also, dont EVER feel pressured to give what you dont want to give. You waste your time & the other persons. Hope I could help!
 Halcyon_Skies
Msg: 5
Posted: 12/29/2012 9:45:08 PM
I was at taco bell, this female at the counter whom I see there regularly greets me with smiles. And one day she gave me a free drink and asked me how my day was going.

You may be like "lol, a girl gave you a free drink at taco bell and you feel compelled to make a topic about it?" Yes. Yes I do.

Honestly, she seems nice, good on her for being welcoming to customers / other people, but it really, really makes me uncomfortable, the free drink and semi-personal question that obviously isn't asked to all the customers.

She might have put Rohypnol in your drink to knock you out, so she could take your clothes off.

Run Logans RUN!!!!
 aussieblues
Msg: 6
view profile
History
Posted: 12/29/2012 9:57:27 PM
Next time a serving attendant asks you semi-personal questions about yourself, answer honestly. "I'm confused by human interaction. Please don't speak to me or I will have to resort to POF for interpretation."
 DietFree
Msg: 7
view profile
History
Posted: 12/29/2012 10:02:06 PM

I would interpret that as a friendly gesture for a regular customer. The staff are entitled to a free drink, too, so I doubt that she paid for it.

"How is your day going?" is about the same as "Hi! How are you today?"
 gcdeb
Msg: 8
Posted: 12/29/2012 10:21:11 PM

Next time a serving attendant asks you semi-personal questions about yourself, answer honestly. "I'm confused by human interaction. Please don't speak to me or I will have to resort to POF for interpretation."
:)
 OCRebellion
Msg: 9
Posted: 12/29/2012 10:33:18 PM
I think you have grossly overdramatized her kindness. I guess with your logic in mind, every time I ask the grocery checker, grocery bagger, bank teller, etc how their day is....it's only because I want to jump in their pants. Wow...I might have to quit my job, because I'm going to be really busy.

Knock it off! She gave you a free drink - she didn't propose.
 SingleInArlington
Msg: 10
Posted: 12/29/2012 10:45:33 PM
My day has been good and thank you, seems a pretty polite response to me. If you really want to get cRaZy give some detail. Any anxiety issues that you are aware of? seems like an overreaction on your part.
 Tarnished_Knight
Msg: 11
view profile
History
Posted: 12/29/2012 10:47:02 PM

I would first inquire as to whether you have ever been diagnosed with a mild form of Aspergers. Confusion over (simple) emotional interactions is one symptom of this neurological syndrome.

As to the young lady: next time, should you ever return to that establishment, smile, say 'thank you,' and let her know that your day is going just peachy keen. If your day actually has been on the order of sucking pond scum, do not respond honestly: smile, say thank you, and let her know your day has been peachy keen. Honesty is not always the best policy - unless you so indeed wish to remain single.

TK
[And, if you're interested, my day has been peachy keen; thank you!]
 spot4username
Msg: 12
Posted: 12/29/2012 10:50:52 PM

You have a terrible diet. I agree - don't go back.
 daynadaze
Msg: 13
view profile
History
Posted: 12/29/2012 10:51:48 PM
I would have said, no thank you, and paid for the drink. That would pretty much stop any fantasy she has, unless she's kookoo. And yes, maybe go to a different location for awhile. I understand how you feel about this, but she kind of put herself out there so give her a bit of a break, unless she tries something again. But really the best thing to do next time something like this comes up, is refuse the offer firmly, that will stop most flirting or come ons.
 Bebedeleau
Msg: 14
Posted: 12/29/2012 11:08:46 PM
From your prior post asking if online interactions could be considered "dating", and now this, I wondered too about Asperger's or some form of social difficulties (with females at least).
 rml62
Msg: 15
Posted: 12/29/2012 11:27:14 PM
lol loved your reply lol, I cant even respond to him now after your response lol
 rml62
Msg: 16
Posted: 12/29/2012 11:29:50 PM
omg Icant stop laughing, lol Run Logans Run !!!!! you go girl lol
 rml62
Msg: 17
Posted: 12/29/2012 11:42:03 PM
im sorry, this just seems so over the top lol. and the advice given to this young man has me rolling on the floor. this one cant be serious right, hes just pulling our leg right lmbo. and the list that he might put someone on, im guessin that's not a good list lol. have you ever asked someone hows their day going or did you have a good day without thinking oh I want that person ? im sorry but this is just entirely to funny. sorry guy. but I do hope you have a verrrrry gooood dayyyyy.
 LennyPane
Msg: 18
view profile
History
Posted: 12/30/2012 12:33:22 AM
She hates working at taco bell so she's subconsciously trying to get fired by handing out free drinks.
 annywn
Msg: 19
Posted: 12/30/2012 1:21:29 AM
Well a drink at a fast food joint costs the company about 39 cents, but if she gave you a free chimichanga or something she obviously wants to have your babies.
 0ldhag
Msg: 20
Posted: 12/30/2012 1:39:39 AM
Screw her brains out and be done with it.

_Iconoclast_
Msg: 21
view profile
History
Posted: 12/30/2012 2:05:08 AM
She spit in your drink. Don't eat that burrito.
 ravenhair4u
Msg: 22
Posted: 12/30/2012 12:10:40 PM
Why does that make you feel uncomfortable? You are making a lot of drama out of a friendly gesture.
Are you interested in her? If so, go back, & give her your phone number on a piece of paper. If she calls you, ask her out on a date. What is the purpose of this thread?
 nubeginnings64
Msg: 23
Posted: 12/30/2012 12:21:29 PM
She likes you & tried to start a conversation. Not need to over analyze it. Your here on a social site mingling anyway & with your post presume it's because you have issues mingling in person.
 gtomustang
Msg: 24
Posted: 12/30/2012 12:25:20 PM
the cynic in me thinks, if she looked like scarlet johansen, you wouldn't be uncomfortable or confused with the attention and gifts. which is why you have no emotional response to give. but if she does look hot to you, and you still have no emotional response to give...well...you would do yourself justice to ask a therapist about that. because its going to happen to you again. not showing interest in females, tends to give them the room to express interest in you (ask any horn-dog who can't seem to get a woman to show an interest in him--they're too busy fending him off to do so.)

if you don't like her attention, walk in there the next time with a good looking female friend in tow. or as you said, go elsewhere--taco bell ain't whole foods, so you're body will be better as a result :)

i'd interpret it just as you did--you are getting unusual attention, so she wants something unusual (ie, not a burger order) from you. if you don't like that demand placed upon you, then you can fail to rise to the bait. but again, no offense, but i'd consider seeing a therapist, if you think emotional interaction is confusing to you. this is something learned at an early age, so if you haven't grasped it yet, there's no harm at all in getting an expert to help you grasp it now. like i said, you're going to be in more of these situations as life goes on. would you see an accountant if you had a tax problem? of course. why not see an expert about this situation?
 NOCLOWNING
Msg: 25
Posted: 12/30/2012 12:28:57 PM
That b*tch!! How dare she? She gave you a free soda!! Never know what could be next!!! LOL.
Since your unemployed, why not apply for a job there. You could make taco's together!!!
Show ALL Forums  > Testimonials  > How would you interpret this scenario?