Notice: Forums will be shutdown by June 2019

To focus on better serving our members, we've decided to shut down the POF forums.

While regular posting is now disabled, you can continue to view all threads until the end of June 2019. Event Hosts can still create and promote events while we work on a new and improved event creation service for you.

Thank you!

Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > British Columbia  > people say music, but WHAT music???      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 WaxItYourself122
Msg: 2
people say music, but WHAT music???Page 1 of 1    
I don't think it's as important to others. If you find music is a big part of your life and that is one of the aspects you'd like a match in then that is your choice :) I don't see anything wrong with people basing their opinion of someone, romantically, on what type of music they prefer. Of course this is where messaging them comes into play. There are many times when I wish women would go deeper into various aspects of their profile that I'm interested in but what matters to that individual may not be as deep as it matters to me so they leave it out.
 Doc_Sage
Msg: 3
people say music, but WHAT music???
Posted: 12/31/2012 4:39:35 PM
Music is a BIG part of me. My taste run from blues to world beat via bluegrass. I am just not crazy about "today's" pop music.
Displaying a genuine interest in her music made much easier for her to lend an ear to "mine". All of my former mates got to enjoy "my" music...and I got to enjoy their music. Plus I was introduce to some very good stuff.

Keep an open mind.
 Wildsweetandcool
Msg: 4
Posted: 1/5/2013 5:37:44 PM
I hear you Alanin...it's almost like they don't have any specific taste or just mean whatever top forty is playing in the bar. Not that that's always bad, but I need specifics!
 Space_Weaver
Msg: 6
Posted: 1/6/2013 12:48:08 AM
I like a wide array of music, mostly goth and ebm. I post my likes, but I have found that some want to peg you as living the lifestyle of the type of music you listen to. So in some aspects, it can narrow your options from the other person's point of view. Some people just are not that open minded these days.
 Doc_Sage
Msg: 10
Posted: 1/7/2013 3:31:34 PM
MiMedia Naranja writes, "Just like many other things, 'his' taste in whatever can grow on me if I'm really into him. Not the other way around.

I like to stay open, that's how I grow, that's how I feel richer."

It is also a very smart approach done by the guys. I have paid attention to what she listen too and have "discovered" some wonderful musicians. Yes, I am richer because of it.

Doc Sage
 ClassC
Msg: 11
view profile
History
Posted: 1/8/2013 9:24:51 PM
Hi MiMedia Naranja...happy New Year to you!...I hope you find someone who loves music as you do!...and i hunch HE WILL find it grows on himTOO!
I love rythmn, rollicking when it's time to 'cut loose and dance'...or Gershwin with a classy dancing partner knowledgeable about 'leading me'...although can be found tapping my toes to some C&W(although have been known to turn it off on occasion)...even rap has my 5 year old grandson into generating some 'moves'...which we both enjoy attempting...so, I can say that if you can be open to the experiences of the music, varied as they can be...you're richer for it!(ps...I love to travel to music festivals(blues/rock/folk/all of it) and volunteer...WONDERFUL people out there to enjoy Life with!)
 4ms4me
Msg: 13
view profile
History
Posted: 1/12/2013 10:01:57 AM
Wow, what a great way to start a conversation "I saw in your profile that you like music, so do I! My favorite type is classical or old R&R. What do you like?".

Not everything needs to be handed you on a silver platter you know. :)
Show ALL Forums  > British Columbia  > people say music, but WHAT music???