Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Over 45  > Dating in our 50's      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 LCDizme12
Msg: 1
Dating in our 50'sPage 1 of 14    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14)
I thought men in their 50's would be looking for a stable, fun and attractive woman....but it is STILL about hookups. While I do look for chemistry, aren't there other things that are important? Isn't that what makes the physical side fabulous? Or am I being naive?
 LCDizme12
Msg: 2
Dating in our 50's
Posted: 1/1/2013 7:54:32 AM
Exactly!!!! Wish me luck! :)
 brisco414
Msg: 3
Dating in our 50's
Posted: 1/1/2013 8:00:55 AM
Most are in for only hookups while others are looking for a stable, fun and attractive woman. You might fit into the guy's criteria for stable, fun and attractive but when it comes down to the physical side, you're just another appetizer fitting into the weekly rotation of hookups regardless of being stable, fun and attractive.
 LCDizme12
Msg: 4
Dating in our 50's
Posted: 1/1/2013 8:11:58 AM
You are right. That's why I take my time about getting involved sexually, and that usually weeds out the numbers guy. Unfortunately, that is all I am meeting. Would love to hear about a success story.
 brisco414
Msg: 5
Dating in our 50's
Posted: 1/1/2013 8:20:29 AM
OP:
"You are right. That's why I take my time about getting involved sexually, and that usually weeds out the numbers guy. Unfortunately, that is all I am meeting. Would love to hear about a success story."

^^^^
And I have met an amazing guy that doesn't quite understand my point on this and my hesitation to get involved sexually. Perhaps my loss but one thing for sure is this ....he'll go on and have his hookups regardless of me fitting into the "stable, fun and attractive" catgegory as well as the "what could have been". His loss too.
 LCDizme12
Msg: 6
Dating in our 50's
Posted: 1/1/2013 8:31:08 AM
Absolutely his loss, girl!
 Verde100
Msg: 7
Dating in our 50's
Posted: 1/1/2013 8:36:04 AM
You forgot to mention the toys question. The other one is too blunt to post. Happens to us all, hook-ups or a one-time fling is all that most are after. Sad, but true.
 LCDizme12
Msg: 8
Dating in our 50's
Posted: 1/1/2013 8:36:07 AM
Procol...here's a few stories for ya...lol
I have been "interviewed" on a first date about what I like to do during sex
I have been asked to "just touch me" (him)
I have been asked back to his place ... not so bad...but when you never hear from him again after saying no thanks, you know the score
I have been asked what kind of panties I wear on a first date
Lots more but you get the drift.....LOL
 LCDizme12
Msg: 9
Dating in our 50's
Posted: 1/1/2013 8:40:15 AM
Haven't got that one yet lol....but I am sure it's just a matter of time.
 IgorFrankensteen
Msg: 10
view profile
History
Dating in our 50's
Posted: 1/1/2013 8:44:51 AM
I think mathematical logic explains it.

Since the guys actually looking to seriously settle down, will be more likely to date one gal at a time, and therefore appear to be taken, there will always appear to be lots more hookup guys than serious ones. Even if by chance, the total number of each kind were exactly equal.

Add in the factor that lots of freshly divorced guys go through a "catch up on missed booty" phase, and I'm not surprised that, especially on a dating site, women would get the sense that 95% of all guys are just looking to hit it for quick fun.
 Paddy_o_Lantern
Msg: 11
Dating in our 50's
Posted: 1/1/2013 8:45:01 AM
thought men in their 50's would be looking for a stable, fun and attractive woman....but it is STILL about hookups

Gross generalizations - I guess the mens generalization would be that women on here are just looking for an endless stream of free dates with no intention of forming a relationship or having sex.

Hows this for a generalzation of dating online - the guy just wants sex and is willing to fork out for a few dates with a woman in order to get it ( he may as well just hire a prostitute ) and the woman just wants to be wined and dined and made to feel special ( isn't that what was happening when she was daddy's little princess ).

No OP we are not all like that but based on my experience here I would say there are quite a few women looking for chemistry and good sex ( if not why would she not just spend her spare time with her female friends who understand her better ) - not always in what turns out to be a long term relationship.
 LCDizme12
Msg: 12
Dating in our 50's
Posted: 1/1/2013 8:50:05 AM
No OP we are not all like that

From your mouth..... I truly hope so and maybe even think so...why else am I trying this site? lol
 notdating-forumsonly
Msg: 13
Dating in our 50's
Posted: 1/1/2013 9:06:01 AM

I have been asked back to his place ... not so bad...but when you never hear from him again after saying no thanks, you know the score

Be grateful. This is kindergarten stuff compared to what I have been exposed to, as have many women on site.

There are some good men out there. You just need to be very discerning of who you meet by getting to know them before meeting IMO.
 Quietbutfun1234
Msg: 14
Dating in our 50's
Posted: 1/1/2013 9:34:54 AM
There are men who want relationships. You just got to choose us.
 activemelaney
Msg: 15
view profile
History
Dating in our 50's
Posted: 1/1/2013 10:13:27 AM

have been "interviewed" on a first date about what I like to do during sex
Lots more but you get the drift..

I was on 5 meets befor I met man and was never asked any such questions. You need to develop better social skills in choosing partners.
 i_ski_do_u
Msg: 16
Dating in our 50's
Posted: 1/1/2013 10:35:03 AM
I thought men in their 50's would be looking for a stable, fun and attractive woman....
I was but know I'm here pretty much for the forums as I find them amusing. If it is of any value, I never mention anything about sex until much past the first meeting and it is in a rather benign manner to see what her reaction is. Hopefully she will bring it up first.

Oh by the way, I love it when she says, “What panties?”

One of these days, I figure I will meet someone the old fashioned way, just by chance. Maybe sitting next to her on a plane or the ski slopes..... where there is eye contact and chemistry from the get go.
 LCDizme12
Msg: 17
Dating in our 50's
Posted: 1/1/2013 11:08:29 AM
Do not blame MY social skills for other people's bad behavior. Sorry - but nothing I said or did deserved it. Nothing in my pictures, my bio or our conversation beforehand.
 Deadliest_Snatch
Msg: 18
Dating in our 50's
Posted: 1/1/2013 11:33:04 AM
I will concur that dating sites seem to have a higher "per capita" population of creepy crawlers. Especially when it comes to free sites. The lack of a paper trail, etc. makes it conducive to those who may have something to conceal (married, etc.).

There ARE some wonderful men online. You just have to do the pre-qualifying.

I prefer to meet in IRL. It means you usually have something in common and you crossed paths due to mutual interests/ friends/ geography.
And for criminy sakes ... Please don't think that the opinions voiced by some of the men on these forums are in any way representative of the thinking of some of the men you may meet in real life. There are actually men out there who know how to woo a woman and show her that he wants to get to know her on multiple levels. Is it really that hard to figure out? Maybe I am just blessed to be attracted to and able to attract men who have a real depth and substance.

Just try to find someone who is romantically compatible in the courtship department. If it doesn't feel right after the first or second date, move on. Trying to decipher the intent of a person that does not "gel" with you is fruitless. It won't change.
 notdating-forumsonly
Msg: 19
Dating in our 50's
Posted: 1/1/2013 1:58:29 PM
Happy new year, dimples.

Happy New Year handsome.

I can't believe you're still using the "I'm separated" line. You know you're single and available and just don't want the available women to know it. ;)

If I passed along the stuff that the men send me here I'd get kicked off. It's sad the stuff that some of them write. Most are very nice and respectful.

If the OP is meeting people like this, its the OP's responsibility to get to know them better before meeting or to see the signs that they aren't people of quality. It IS your responsibility.
 U make it entertaining
Msg: 20
Dating in our 50's
Posted: 1/1/2013 2:45:08 PM
Normal men in their 50's would be looking for stable, fun and attractive woman.

It think the question here is ...

How many "NORMAL" men over 50 are on here.
No?
 Nellies50
Msg: 21
Dating in our 50's
Posted: 1/1/2013 2:53:47 PM
I'm a 'nifty fifty' also...and have only been dating a few months and figured out men my age only
want women my age..I get the mid sixties or very young..twenties...looking for a cougar...lol..I would really want to meet someone my age,give or take a few years,plus or minus..I've been interview on a first date..lol..he was looking for a wife,been told he didn't want to raise my teen..or just looking for a hook up or fwb friend...soo...keep looking girls...he's out there somewhere...;)
 jon booth
Msg: 22
view profile
History
Dating in our 50's
Posted: 1/1/2013 3:21:27 PM
you know something ladies..........if a man is after you in the sexual arena well what is this something new to you? good lord grow up i read several blurbs on here and what i came away with was a sense of bitterness from the ladies..........................you all wanted equality well you got it now stop the whining and handle it i say
 LCDizme12
Msg: 23
Dating in our 50's
Posted: 1/1/2013 5:32:58 PM
We are not bitter....we just want a great sex life with a quality man, who has more going for him than wanting to get laid.
 Paddy_o_Lantern
Msg: 24
Dating in our 50's
Posted: 1/1/2013 5:42:56 PM
How many "NORMAL" men over 50 are on here.

Probably about the same as the number of Normal women over 50 on here. The same could be said about the number of Attractive fun stable men or women on here.

" The trouble with normal is it only gets worse". Sometimes I shudder to think what a normal woman is.

Good lord ladies if men were as outnumbered by women on these dating sites as women are by men I wonder if we would be complaining nearly as much as the women are now.

The more I read these forums the more true the expression seems to be that women only want what they can't have and when they get it they don't want it any more.
 1388SmartBlonde
Msg: 25
Dating in our 50's
Posted: 1/1/2013 5:53:13 PM
Procol...here's a few stories for ya...lol
Lots more but you get the drift.....LOL

Ditto...many men out here confuse dating a good woman with entertaining a cheap call girl.(for example, see Msg 28). There is a quote in D. H. Lawrence's Lady Chatterley's Lover that goes (paraphrased): "There's lots of good fish in the sea...maybe..but the vast masses seem to be mackerel or herring, and if you're not mackerel or herring yourself you are likely to find very few good fish in the sea."

When a man gets inappropriate on a first meet, get up, say "thank you but we are obviously looking for different things", pay your half of the tab and cast your net elsewhere.
Show ALL Forums  > Over 45  > Dating in our 50's