Notice: Forums will be shutdown by June 2019

To focus on better serving our members, we've decided to shut down the POF forums.

While regular posting is now disabled, you can continue to view all threads until the end of June 2019. Event Hosts can still create and promote events while we work on a new and improved event creation service for you.

Thank you!

Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Sex and Dating  > Question      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 OutMind
Msg: 5
QuestionPage 1 of 2    (1, 2)
Are you kidding. Women can at least fake it. Men cannot fake an erection. Or an erection that for whatever reason starts to go south.

After my split with a woman that as crazy as she was, she was a great lover, I was with one lady, that I could go on, and on for ever, but I could not reach orgasm with her. Then I was with another one, that I would get really hard and then before penetration started, well, the second brain bailed out on me.

I could blame them. I could blame myself. Sometimes it may have to do with our own minds, still thinking of previous lovers. Other times it could be that the person, as attractive as we find them, don't feel like they are trying. The woman that I lost my stamina with, seemed like I had to do all the work so in retrospect she was horrible in bed. She was great looking, so in my mind I was going "whata fvck is wrong with me!!"

Other women seem, at least when we connected, to just have electricity going like crazy.

I still do not have the answer to this one. Some women can keep you hard like a rock for hours, others, feel like work and you want to go home. Others, are a slow simmer, each encounter gets better. Don't know.
 OutMind
Msg: 7
Question
Posted: 1/2/2013 6:57:57 AM

It never got to the bedroom yet.....he downplays his abilities, we are friends and exploring possibly sleeping together but he always down plays his abilities of being fat/old/and amazingly admitting that he has a small penis

Are you in a relationship with this person, or pursuing a FWB. Obviously you have talked about it. Some guys get performance anxiety. Others are so afraid of the rejection from the woman, that they can't function well. If he totally shots down is one thing, but maybe you need to work on it slowly. Start with communication, ask him if he can masturbate and how that goes. Then ask him if he would mind if you masturbated him. And go from there.
 Halcyon_Skies
Msg: 8
Question
Posted: 1/2/2013 7:10:44 AM
Yes it's possible. That's why I didn't date overweight, out-of-shape men. Lower testosterone levels often meant shrinkage, and self-consciousness in bed---aside from the fact that I found overweight men to be physically unattractive.
 Zuglo65
Msg: 9
view profile
History
Question
Posted: 1/2/2013 8:44:43 AM

being fat/old/and amazingly admitting that he has a small penis

That is not a good combination.
I think he just being honest with himself, looking into a mirror naked, and doesn't like what he sees.
And..Honestly if you two make it into a bedroom, it's going to be a disappointment for you. And him.
 BountyHunterMichael
Msg: 10
Question
Posted: 1/2/2013 8:45:00 AM
i agree with "CampFire"
 gtomustang
Msg: 11
Question
Posted: 1/2/2013 3:27:42 PM
well, before we start questioning his plumbing, I think the big point is:

"we are friends"

were you friends before becoming lovers? sometimes that helps to handle the fact the bedroom may not be all fireworks and romance novel descriptions...and other times, it makes us more conscious of every time we bragged to our friend, who knows our other friends, and that sometimes sex is just wet bedsheets and fat bulges and a lack of recent practice....sometimes its easier with someone who doesn't "know us" so well.
 andy1961
Msg: 12
view profile
History
Question
Posted: 1/2/2013 8:21:35 PM
Yes it's possible. That's why I didn't date overweight, out-of-shape men. Lower testosterone levels often meant shrinkage, and self-consciousness in bed---aside from the fact that I found overweight men to be physically unattractive.

Please, please stop talking absolute nonsense!

I have been a Consultant Urologist for the best part of 30 years now, and I can assure you that lower testosterone levels, being overweight etc, etc, does NOT cause the penis to shrink.

Trust me, it's a complete myth that has been created, and is repeated and quoted by, a whole variety of types of people who have no idea what they're talking about.
 LG2727
Msg: 13
view profile
History
Question
Posted: 1/2/2013 9:07:16 PM
Men certainly do get insecure, they just act like Gods gift to the female world because of that ever annoying male ego.
 Halcyon_Skies
Msg: 14
Question
Posted: 1/2/2013 9:11:53 PM
I have been a Consultant Urologist for the best part of 30 years now, and I can assure you that lower testosterone levels, being overweight etc, etc, does NOT cause the penis to shrink.

Yeah? Well, the lower testosterone levels can contribute to a weight problem---so the resulting rolls of fat hanging over the penis make it appear smaller.
 Tarnished_Knight
Msg: 16
view profile
History
Question
Posted: 1/2/2013 10:32:17 PM
uh, Mr. Consultant Urologist:

Low T, due to age, disease, physical abnormalities (say, varicocele), obesity or other situations can have an effect of actual or perceptual penis size. There is research that shows low T, in adults, can effect elements within the body of the penis (nerves, structures) that can lead to a smaller penis. Further, visceral fat, being a metabolically active fat or adipose tissue, has the ability to foster the relatively rapid conversion of T to various forms of estrogen which can further affect the size of the penis and the ability of the penis to achieve erection or maintain erection. Because of this one of the best ways for a man to better his "performance" in bed is to lose the belly.

Perceptually, blondallure and others are correct: excess fat, esp. in the pelvic girdle area will seem to make the penis appear and function as if smaller. Besides, if your belly is so large that it is in the way during sex you know there are other bad things happening.

TK
 natgoat227
Msg: 18
view profile
History
Question
Posted: 1/10/2013 9:39:58 AM
The simple answer being....:

"D'UUuuuhhh!!! . . . Y'think??"

Once summer rolls around, I'm getting back in shape, and losing these 20# that I've developed.
I DO miss my hair , though!!!
 TCMAN1954
Msg: 19
view profile
History
Question
Posted: 1/10/2013 8:11:00 PM
your beautiful, I could make love to you for hours and hours...but get a nap first...you will need it. lol
Show ALL Forums  > Sex and Dating  > Question