Notice: Forums will be shutdown by June 2019

To focus on better serving our members, we've decided to shut down the POF forums.

While regular posting is now disabled, you can continue to view all threads until the end of June 2019. Event Hosts can still create and promote events while we work on a new and improved event creation service for you.

Thank you!

Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Sex and Dating  > Number of Sexual Partners......and Regrets???      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 GarnerGirl71
Msg: 2
view profile
History
Number of Sexual Partners......and Regrets???Page 1 of 4    (1, 2, 3, 4)
I would take away 3 if possible... 2 from my college days, and one that I dated since my marriage ended.
 GarnerGirl71
Msg: 4
view profile
History
Number of Sexual Partners......and Regrets???
Posted: 1/2/2013 12:40:58 PM
The college guys were drunken one night stands. I am not a casual sex person, and wishi had a little more self control/respect back then. The one lately was first guy out of my marriage. I was way too needy for affection, and he was a very poor choice. But he was a good way to get my feet wet after 21 years with the same partner.
 Hearton64
Msg: 5
Posted: 1/2/2013 12:52:53 PM
No regrets and even if I did,there's no changing the past.
 14everBlessed2
Msg: 6
Posted: 1/2/2013 12:55:19 PM
what's done is done......but what lesson did you learn from each encounter....good or bad? Its a process of growing into yourself and finding out what you need or don't want in an intimate relationship.
 U make it entertaining
Msg: 7
Posted: 1/2/2013 1:16:14 PM
Sorry ... that's classified information.
 ForRumOnly
Msg: 8
view profile
History
Posted: 1/2/2013 2:10:08 PM
I could always enjoy one more - good! - partner, I suppose. No real regrets about the past, either, but I'm sure I'd have been happier if I'd never even met my ex-wife and never had sex with her.
 TooShadows
Msg: 9
view profile
History
Posted: 1/2/2013 2:16:44 PM
I certainly wouldn't change the number. I value all the experiences. One minor regret though. One lady that carried on an FWB relationship with me was doing so for the wrong reasons,as I found out later. She felt that sex would make me fall in love with her and want to be in a permanent relationship.whereas sex was all I wanted from her.
 Hearton64
Msg: 10
Posted: 1/2/2013 2:33:11 PM

One minor regret though. One lady that carried on an FWB relationship with me was doing so for the wrong reasons,as I found out later. She felt that sex would make me fall in love with her and want to be in a permanent relationship.whereas sex was all I wanted from her.

Sounds all too familiar.My one regret was in believing what men said,instead of paying attention to what they did.
 WatchingtheBobber
Msg: 13
Posted: 1/2/2013 3:43:48 PM
what did they do?
 WatchingtheBobber
Msg: 14
Posted: 1/2/2013 3:46:26 PM
regrets are useless, and as for my "number" there hasn't been too many so I'd have to say more
 HowRJ
Msg: 15
Posted: 1/2/2013 4:22:52 PM
even the bad ones were good.......at least for something.........
 MsMicki
Msg: 16
view profile
History
Posted: 1/2/2013 6:00:40 PM
no regrets on the number part......

only 1 regret on the partner part....
I knew he wasn't relationship material, but let him talk me into thinking he was.....sex was great tho!! :)
 Thick1forUboo
Msg: 17
Posted: 1/2/2013 6:34:45 PM
lol.... U 2 huh?????????lol
 Toro4U
Msg: 19
view profile
History
Posted: 1/2/2013 7:06:04 PM
I could regret two previous partners, but I don't live my life with any regrets. One caused some problems in my professional life. One went borderline mental with a lot of questions and too many expectations after giving it up quickly (to some opinions). It's all the past and experience is a great thing as a whole in my opinion.
 no_1_bby
Msg: 20
view profile
History
Posted: 1/2/2013 7:28:34 PM

Just wondering if anyone regrets the number of sexual partners they have had in their past (too many or too few) and wish they could change it......and why would you change it???

Nope. My past is what has made me who I am today.
 DANQQ4DA1
Msg: 23
view profile
History
Posted: 1/3/2013 3:35:11 AM
Well Jmoinajo and Lady, nothing wrong with a slut year. The way I would look at it is you getting it out of your system before meeting a nice guy like me :)
 natgoat227
Msg: 26
view profile
History
Posted: 1/3/2013 12:32:57 PM
I only regret not Trying harder....
....Getting out and actually Socializing more would've upped my chances to be Off the Market , Now!!!....
 salty_blumist
Msg: 28
view profile
History
Posted: 1/3/2013 4:30:21 PM
For the most part, no regrets. However I regret shortly after begining sex with some woman, that I actually began to miss my own hand during the act.
 LustForLifeNY11
Msg: 41
Posted: 1/8/2013 2:46:25 PM
I agree with so_shy...each is a lesson and I would not change any of them...well maybe the chick with the mustache, but thats all
 supermod100
Msg: 42
view profile
History
Posted: 1/8/2013 5:19:35 PM
I agree that my past made me who I am today and wouldnt want to change it, but do wish that I had had more respect for myself and others as I came of age in 1964 and lived in the Bay Area, rode motorcycles, partied my ass off and generally dont remember much of the 60s, tho I remember enough to know that , as the song says,"that aint the way to have fun, son". Sure seemed so at the time, tho, at least until I had to sober up, but thats another story.
 licoricecat_1
Msg: 46
view profile
History
Posted: 1/9/2013 7:36:34 AM
No regrets, just lessons. Learn about the "red flags" before you get intimate. Wait as long as you could. When you apply for a job, the employer usually looks for the best qualified person. Interview and see if the person lives up to what they told you. Check their qualifications, such as integrity, honesty, loyalty, etc. These take time to find out if there is integrity in what he said before you get intimate.
 licoricecat_1
Msg: 47
view profile
History
Posted: 1/9/2013 7:44:12 AM
What I am still learning is to Get Out when I see the red flags over and over again. Stop rationalizing. Do not change plans for a guy you like if you are going out with the girls. Guys like to pursue women. They will find you if they want you. Regrets on allowing men to manipulate and control me at times and me settling for much less than I deserve in emotionally abusive relationships. I have a lot of love and forgiveness to people but I need to know when to cut myself off from a toxic relationships sooner.
 Zamboni_Operator
Msg: 51
Posted: 1/9/2013 10:43:41 PM
At 116 past sexual partners & counting, I have fond memories of all the experiences. I wouldn't change the number, but then I wouldn't normally advertise the fact I've had that number of sexual partners. In fact, I've never mentioned it to anyone. Some people have weird ideas about having more than 10 or 20 partners... so why risk mentioning you've had 116 partners? Maybe 7 or 8 were regular girlfriends, the rest one night stands or FWB.

In the type of work I used to do, women interested in sex were plentiful, & would sometimes just approach me & make it clear they wanted to go & f*ck. Being careful is the key - use protection for not only STI's, but to avoid pregnancy. Surprising how many women would have sex without protection if you let them, even when they could get pregnant.
 ADKGENT
Msg: 54
view profile
History
Posted: 1/10/2013 2:35:20 PM
I have enjoyed nearly all of my partners....the only regret would be pursuing someone that is attached. It is stealing.
 LivvyH.
Msg: 56
view profile
History
Posted: 1/11/2013 4:19:36 PM
Only two, and they were unsatisfying and the relationships took a bit out of my life and character. I wish it were more WITH better quality persons.
Show ALL Forums  > Sex and Dating  > Number of Sexual Partners......and Regrets???