Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Kentucky  > Where to draw the line?      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 Ukgirl2012
Msg: 1
Where to draw the line? Page 1 of 1    
Can a guy and girl get to know each other without letting their "hormones" kick in? Can you really get to know someone on their personality, looks and everything but sexual things? Is it to wrong to ask to meet someone and them not asking you what size your breasts are or when you all can hook up. Now don't get me wrong I think that sex is an amazing thing to have with your partner who you care about or a one night stand isnt so bad if alcohol is involved. I just want to know if there are any men out there who are men and not boys and who think with their brain not their lower half of their body. Do women have to stand for this? Are there any women out there either or agree or disagree with me? I am just looking for opinions here and I don't know maybe I am the crazy girl out there on a dating website who is seriously just looking for someone and not just for their body.
 Emilyjoh
Msg: 2
Where to draw the line?
Posted: 1/28/2013 12:18:39 PM
It seems like we live in this society where it isn't the emotional connection or the interest in the individual that drives people to want to be together....but that instant physical attraction. Some (many) will argue that I am wrong, I say take a look at the number of people who hop from relationship to relationship, marriage to marriage.
I also think that people more easily talk freely about sex via phone or text with someone they just met online...I always try to think to myself, would this person have this conversation with me if we met "normally"...would this be part of what we talked about initially?

My goal, and I have not always stuck to it, is to meet someone and work towards that foundation built on a deeper connection than just something physical. Those sparks everyone seems so hell bent on finding are usually just lust...and a spark fades quickly, I want to find an ember...and to work to turn that little soldering bit into a flame that burns for a long time. I think it can be done--it's just hard.
Show ALL Forums  > Kentucky  > Where to draw the line?