Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Dating Experiences  > Why can't women just say "no or no thank you"?      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 Greatcatch12345
Msg: 1
Why can't women just say "no or no thank you"?Page 1 of 5    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5)
Whenever i'm out & about, i try to chatup a conversation..sometimes just to be friendly..sometimes i'm interested. In the cases of which i am interested, i try to get a phone number, email or what-have-u. In most if not all of the time, they give it to me, however several days down the road..or a couple of weeks..they disappear into thin air.Are women just doing it to be polite..or are they afraid a dude will go postal if they say no?
 spot4username
Msg: 2
Why can't women just say no or no thank you?
Posted: 1/13/2013 7:28:48 AM
Yes, most are just being polite. It can be very daunting to tell a persistent man no. We also know that if you haven't taken any of the "go away, I'm not interested" hints sometimes that is the only thing that works. Yes, it sucks and I'm sorry.
 laskoboo
Msg: 3
view profile
History
Posted: 1/13/2013 7:29:38 AM
Your assumptions could be right. I know for me, when I was not interested, those were concerns... as to having an unbalanced man, mentally ill... so disappearing would sometimes be a good option. There could be other reasons too, like she met someone she likes better...some PEOPLE ( as this does not apply to only women) just want to play games and string someone along for a various number of reasons.
You are maybe ? coming across to aggressive or insincere. Whatever you do .. lol, dont ask women to contact you to evaluate your dating talents as some guys do that and then go postal if a woman tells them the truth.

You need to maybe slow down and spend more time on the process and get to know someone than trying to get numbers. When you meet the right person, none of these things will be a concern. Your maybe also chasing woman who are not going to be interested in dating you... and need to back up a bit and learn to read body language.
good luck
 Smurph1129
Msg: 4
Posted: 1/13/2013 7:31:27 AM
Maybe they were just being nice or maybe they were interested but then met someone else they were interested in more. No telling OP but your job is to just not worry about it.
 Greatcatch12345
Msg: 5
Posted: 1/13/2013 7:35:44 AM
I'm curious..what are the 'go away' i'm not interested 'hints'? Give me some examples. Whats the issue with just saying 'no thank you, i'm not interested'? believe me, i would not persist at all if she simply told the truth.I'm fully aware i dont float everybodies boat..nor them mine and i dont take it personally.
 Angelito584
Msg: 6
Posted: 1/13/2013 8:03:59 AM
I understand completely, I have been there a few times. The ladies maybe right, perhaps they found someone they like better. In fact I just went through one of those episodes. It seems we were having a great time and all of the sudden, PUFF, she was gone. No problem there are POF. Good luck. :-)
 Walts
Msg: 7
view profile
History
Posted: 1/13/2013 8:06:39 AM

I'm curious..what are the 'go away' i'm not interested 'hints'? Give me some examples

Well, for me, personally, it's when they turn and line up a good swift kick to my gonads. Orrrrr, when they give me a firm but, polite "phuck you". Then, and only then, would I even consider they may not be interested. I'm not very smart,by the way.
 aufootballgirl
Msg: 8
view profile
History
Posted: 1/13/2013 8:10:02 AM
It is even worse when a man acts interested in us and asks for our number but never calls.
 Greatcatch12345
Msg: 9
Posted: 1/13/2013 8:26:42 AM
easy..dannyboy..and since you are sooo smart about women's subtle cues..why not give me some examples? and btw..u wouldnt be 'here' if it was 'easy'..so dont kid yourself..
i've got underwear older than you!! LOL..
 Fatuglybaldcreeper84
Msg: 10
Posted: 1/13/2013 8:47:41 AM
Probably afraid a dude will go postal, it's all a part of the game!!
 Zuglo65
Msg: 11
view profile
History
Posted: 1/13/2013 9:23:14 AM

I'm curious..what are the 'go away' i'm not interested 'hints'?

Laughing hysterically...
 Texan_Gal
Msg: 12
Posted: 1/13/2013 9:40:06 AM

I'm curious..what are the 'go away' i'm not interested 'hints'? Give me some examples.

I would say: If you're trying to engage her in conversation, and her eyes are wandering all over the place and she's giving short responses, she's looking for an easy "out".
 lostnfoundluv
Msg: 13
Posted: 1/13/2013 9:48:00 AM
The key is to be persistent . if one is not, then again it is time to move on. who wants to be involved with someone who takes weeks and weeks here to get to know each other :)
 bibliophile1
Msg: 14
Posted: 1/13/2013 10:01:38 AM
You are probably asking for their contact details too soon. I always find that a turn off. Maybe it's because I haven't been interested in those guys. I don't know but I always bail if it looks like the guy is getting too serious and I'm not on board with it.
 12thour
Msg: 15
Posted: 1/13/2013 10:01:55 AM
You only want one right? Only one of these women will count, in the end, not all of them right?

I doubt any woman would give her number out to prevent something bad from happening but they may like you at that moment but understand you are not the man for them as an after thought...which is really ok because she is not the woman you want or need in your life anyway right?

So, keep playing the female lottery until "she" sticks with you. That is the only woman that will matter ..be mindful sir...to treat her well. A good relationship is not a dime a dozen...it is a rarity in your life. Keep it strong, happy and fun.
 CheezyChick
Msg: 16
Posted: 1/13/2013 10:01:59 AM

I'm curious..what are the 'go away' i'm not interested 'hints'? Give me some examples. Whats the issue with just saying 'no thank you, i'm not interested'? believe me, i would not persist at all if she simply told the truth.I'm fully aware i dont float everybodies boat..nor them mine and i dont take it personally

Not everyone is like you and is gracious in accepting a "no thank you". It can bring a nice host of nastiness commenting on everything from your boobs to your brains. For some I guess it's easier to just give out the info and set yourself on 'ignore' rather than be upfront and face a possible offensive reaction.

Could be some feel put on the spot and blather out their information in panic.
Could also, be a 'heat of the moment' kind of thing and she thought wtf did I do that for afterwards.
Booze intake maybe?

I don't know, personally I've no interest in giving someone Im not interested in another venue of contact.
 _shakti_
Msg: 17
Posted: 1/13/2013 11:21:47 AM
When I was younger (in my clubbing days) I would give my number out to those who asked and then just screen my calls so that I didn't actually have to talk to the guy. Then I progressed to using a fake number, one that I happened to know rang and rang with no answering machine and no one ever answering, lol..

But after time, I just got to the point of saying- 'No thanks, I'm not comfortable with that'. Simple. But it takes a while to get to that point, and not everyone can do it. Which I completely understand. So yes, they're likely just being polite.
 Paderic
Msg: 18
Posted: 1/13/2013 11:40:54 AM
Probably because there are scores of men who won't take no for an answer.
 Hamilton12345
Msg: 19
Posted: 1/13/2013 11:44:04 AM
Obviously you haven't been around the forums for long OP. Don't you know, woman are stuck up b*tches if they don't talk to, respond positively to, fall at the feet of every man that approaches them either online or IRL. Given that attitude and the behaviour of some men when we decline, we either give in and and give them our number with the intention of never responding or give them a fake number.

And now let the battle begin! and I will end this by saying that trite little saying. It is what is and there is nothing we can do to change it.
 bibliophile1
Msg: 20
Posted: 1/13/2013 11:46:27 AM
Yeah don't have control issues, OP. That is an immediate red flag. I mean this guy is freaking me out at the moment. I asked him if he wanted to go on a date and last night he said to "you never know we could move in together". Ahhhh
 russell5417
Msg: 21
Posted: 1/13/2013 2:16:11 PM
...youngs ladies love the men who speak their mind...
...older ladies love the men who take their time...
 Smurph1129
Msg: 22
Posted: 1/13/2013 2:19:17 PM
Then I progressed to using a fake number, one that I happened to know rang and rang with no answering machine and no one ever answering, lol..

867-5309?
 _shakti_
Msg: 23
Posted: 1/13/2013 2:24:33 PM
^^ Try it and see? lol..
 NOCLOWNING
Msg: 24
Posted: 1/13/2013 2:33:32 PM
"rusell5417" Great answer!!
Op, Its not only women. You should have said,"People"
I cant speak for all women, But, I am up front and honest.
Just because a woman has a conversation with you, (When your out) Doesnt mean, she wants
a relationship.
Signs, Her answers are short.
She is not really paying attention to you.
She is not really looking at you, when you are talking to her. ETC...
And some guys do get very nasty, when you tell them, your not interested.
Good-Luck.
 venusenvy777
Msg: 25
Posted: 1/13/2013 2:46:45 PM
I'm curious..what are the 'go away' i'm not interested 'hints'? Give me some examples. Whats the issue with just saying 'no thank you, i'm not interested'? believe me, i would not persist at all if she simply told the truth.I'm fully aware i dont float everybodies boat..nor them mine and i dont take it personally.

Well you are the rare one then
Show ALL Forums  > Dating Experiences  > Why can't women just say "no or no thank you"?