Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Sex and Dating  > fear of intimacy      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 overdrivetolove
Msg: 1
fear of intimacyPage 1 of 1    
how do you get over this?
i have been commited to my man for 3 years. he is sexy and charming and i want to be with him all the time. I could fantasize about him all day and not feel bored. But then when i am alone with him I just feel weird and self conscience and think he is going to laugh at me so i can not take off my clothes and be really close to him until he is in the moment and not paying attention anyways...i do not know how to fix this problem...maybe i need professional help!! someone help me.
 Pinky127
Msg: 2
fear of intimacy
Posted: 1/14/2013 12:02:05 AM
Op,is this the same man who fears kissing you on the lips coz he finds it "appalling"???

I really have to wonder why you're persevering with this man coz you dont sound the least bit compatible.
 RussArtLover
Msg: 3
view profile
History
fear of intimacy
Posted: 1/14/2013 12:16:02 AM
First of all trust yourself. If you think he will laugh at you, he probably will. People enjoy giving they're partner what they are thinking. So instead maybe try fantasizing in person, with him right in front of you. It might feel like you're lieing but it's not. It's freedom. If you can not then maybe it's time to find someone you can dream with.
 ShelbySask4friend1
Msg: 4
fear of intimacy
Posted: 1/14/2013 12:21:55 AM
It is probably your age, and/or the fact you put down , a few extra pounds, that has you shy to be naked in front of him...

The thing is, most men would rather have you naked and you be happy naked not scared to be naked, which trumps any "imperfections" your body might have, or you think they might judge you for ...
 Moonchild51
Msg: 5
view profile
History
fear of intimacy
Posted: 1/14/2013 7:26:22 AM
I know of a couple who have been married 18 years. In all that time, he has never seen her nekky....can't understand that!
 Pinky127
Msg: 6
fear of intimacy
Posted: 1/14/2013 6:09:15 PM

I know of a couple who have been married 18 years. In all that time, he has never seen her nekky....can't understand that!

@ ^^^
Now,Moonie,could you please tell me how that's even possible,hehehe ?????
*scratching head but still lol'g*
 Hearton64
Msg: 7
fear of intimacy
Posted: 1/15/2013 2:54:12 PM
But then when i am alone with him I just feel weird and self conscience and think he is going to laugh at me so i can not take off my clothes

How overweight are you?Has he ever commented on you being fat?

My guy is WAY into me because I am overweight so while I don't "love" the way I look,
I put my insecurities on the back burner and let him straight up rub my fat belly,hips,tits and a$$ to his hearts content and walk around naked in front of him all the time!

You just need to let your guards down,lose some weight so you don't feel so insecure,and wake up and realize
that he obviously doesn't mind if he's been having sex with you for 3 years!
 Hearton64
Msg: 8
fear of intimacy
Posted: 1/16/2013 3:30:49 AM
Nope...sorry....they broke the mold when they made him!

Damn lucky me!
 eattoplease55
Msg: 9
fear of intimacy
Posted: 1/16/2013 1:48:43 PM
The fear for me has been with the woman for the first time....geuss that would be natural.....
 Moonchild51
Msg: 10
view profile
History
fear of intimacy
Posted: 1/16/2013 1:57:21 PM

Now,Moonie,could you please tell me how that's even possible,hehehe ?????
*scratching head but still lol'g*

^^Apparently it is in fact possible Miss Pinky. As I stated though, I can't understand it but hey if it works for them, then why not?
 HUMHUMA
Msg: 11
view profile
History
fear of intimacy
Posted: 11/15/2018 3:30:46 AM
In any faze or aspect of intimacy......most all of us has fear of being rejected and we also have body image issues.....even the perfect bodies have told me this....I dated a woman that wouldn't get undressed in front of me for almost a year...even after I talked her up physically....didn't matter. So if you care about this guy and your still with him better talk to him before he thinks he's the one with the problem and moves on....good luck!
 mahwahgirl339114
Msg: 12
fear of intimacy
Posted: 11/15/2018 9:41:05 AM

I talked her up physically

how do you do that?
Show ALL Forums  > Sex and Dating  > fear of intimacy