Notice: Forums will be shutdown by June 2019

To focus on better serving our members, we've decided to shut down the POF forums.

While regular posting is now disabled, you can continue to view all threads until the end of June 2019. Event Hosts can still create and promote events while we work on a new and improved event creation service for you.

Thank you!

Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Off Topic  > What's wrong with women these days      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 taskmaster989
Msg: 1
What's wrong with women these daysPage 1 of 2    (1, 2)
I'm a 21 yo male whose about to give up on today's dating scene because I just don't understand what's wrong with women of my generation. I'm tired of going out on dates thinking everything went well, then after a few days I text them because women around my age group don't answer phone calls at all. When I text them back they don't respond back. Text them again and it's the same old story. I just don't understand why can't most women especially women in my age group simply say I'm no longer interested and tell me why. It seems like the majority of them are so passive aggressive and I guess they show there true colors of being manipulative and cruel.

My older brother who is 35 told me that dating was so much straightforward and easy because getting a girls phone number actually meant something. Thats because when you contacted a girl you like everything was done verbally. You actually had a chance to get to know someone. If the first date didnt go to well, you actually find out why because since more than likely she gave out a landline number that her whole family uses she obviously is going to be honest to avoid any unnecessary drama. There was no such thing as the word "flake"back when he was in high school. Being stood rarely happened. These days it's okay because women flake all the time and men should stand idly by and just accept it. Women, It's cruel and manipulative, and its the wrong way to let a guy no that you're no longer interested. Just text back and say so with a reason....or if you have any heart go out and call rage guy to reject him.

I think social networking, online dating and texting has given women the advantage when it comes to dating. On this site average looking girls really have their pickings in men, and they can pretty much decide when to reply back to a text from him and if another guy comes around just avoid him. Just wrong I tell you.
 Eric_Summit
Msg: 2
What's wrong with women these days
Posted: 1/13/2013 10:05:03 PM
Now that is a seriously high-quality rant, taskmaster989. Wow!
Might I suggest a very helpful visit to the Profile Review forum for you?
You might gain some insight there on how to attract a woman.
 spot4username
Msg: 3
Posted: 1/13/2013 10:28:33 PM

Trust me, its not just women, but men act this way as well. And its not just the young ones, the older ones act just as flaky...

WINNER WINNER CHICKEN DINNER!!!!
 Yule_liquor
Msg: 4
Posted: 1/13/2013 10:32:01 PM

men should stand idly by and just accept it.

What would you propose to do about it?
These are the times you live in; just deal with it by not taking anyone seriously
When someone is really interested in you then you'll know it
At age 21, dating sites should not be your first resort
You need to expand your horizons, but if you wanna stay on-line
then make sure you put up a decent pic & profile.
 privat33r
Msg: 5
view profile
History
Posted: 1/13/2013 10:38:55 PM
Women don't have an advantage to dating. In the western world there are more of them. Just go where they are, government towns, universities, big cities, be presentable, learn to read cues and try to cut down on the manwich sized whinging.
 taskmaster989
Msg: 6
Posted: 1/13/2013 10:54:07 PM
All of you woman who have replied are saying women are saying that men are just as guilty of doing this is something I don't believe. I have had 6 roommates and have studied psychology. Women are serial flakers, men don't do it as much and only do it if they have multiple options which most don't. Men will settle and go out with women who are not as attractive just in hopes that they can get some. I know because i have been in that position a couple of times. However women no matter who they are flake. Especially women in my age group, I think as women get older they don't flake as much because one they know they can't get away with it and two because they finally see how wrong it is.

I actually dated this one 26yo woman online and I knew the date did not go well. She surprisingly called me back within 1 hr to tell me she was not interested and why. Mucho respect and it felt good to know why....women just do that instead of giving a guy false hope. Have tried setting up dates immediately but it really does not mean anything. Women are very volatile so one day there emotions can say I like this guy a whole lot, the next day I don't like this guy as much.....sigh
 daynadaze
Msg: 7
view profile
History
Posted: 1/13/2013 11:38:51 PM
So all women your age are horrible...seriously, this complaint was being whined about when I was a kid...in the 50s. Maybe you just like whining, or maybe you hate women and so have to bash, but I'm guessing you may just fish in the pond full of silly, immature girls. Try moving on to a better class of people. You are the common denominator here, so figure out what you are doing that keeps you hitting on the same undesirable type of women.
 OMG!WTF!
Msg: 8
view profile
History
Posted: 1/14/2013 5:27:37 AM

I have had 6 roommates and have studied psychology

A 21 year old with roommates and a few psych classes is all the proof I need.
 IgorFrankensteen
Msg: 9
view profile
History
Posted: 1/14/2013 5:40:08 AM
The only differences between nowadays, and your older brother's "golden age," are two things:

1. The additional technology allows the flakes of the world to abuse you in additional ways, which makes YOU think it's happening more often. Actually, one person flaking on the phone, via text, via email, and in person, is still just one flake. In addition, the technology allows you to FIND more flakes than your brother was able to run across. The overall proportion of wonderful people and flakes hasn't changed, you are just able to locate and get in touch with more of the ones who were there all along.

2. Your brother was either luckier in his timing and circumstances, or he has managed to forget all of the flakes he dealt with. I suspect that the latter is more the case. That, or you complain about your bad times to him so often, that he THINKS it's happening to you more.

People really don't change that quickly.

Just my own guess of course. No one has ever conducted a legitimate "Flake Census," either in the past or present.
 Eric_Summit
Msg: 10
What's wrong with BOYS these days
Posted: 1/14/2013 5:42:41 AM

Posted by saharam:
"...I've noticed some outstanding young men on here...men who take responsibility for themselves; men who are pleasant (happy, even!); men who are happy to meet women and try to form connections. Men who aren't bitter; men who don't whine when another human being doesn't live up to their expectations; men who seem like they would be a pleasure to be around..."

saharam, thank you for your gracious compliment about me! You are an angel, too. :-)
 windchymes
Msg: 11
view profile
History
Posted: 1/14/2013 6:22:22 AM
Agree, men do it too, and men and women have always done it. It's just that, back in the day before cell phones, you could wait around for days or weeks hoping the phone would ring and it would be them. Now, with technology, you have SO many more to pick from, and you find out right away if they're going to ignore you or not, so it just seems more common than it used to.

Regarding the "serial flakers" comment above, if you are choosing and attracting that sort of person, perhaps you need to take a good look in the mirror and figure out WHY. Trust me, men DO do it as much.
 CharminC
Msg: 12
Posted: 1/14/2013 8:36:14 AM
Quite simple... tell them from the get-go you don't text.
They want you? Call you.
They want you to contact them? You will CALL them
Refuse to accept texts until it is established she isn't a flake like the rest.

You're only doing what they want like a good little follower by texting and yet... you complain? Only you can solve this situation. No offense but pick up your balls, they're dropping.

As other posters mentioned, it goes for men and women of all ages.
I guess everyone needs to "pick up their balls" lol.
 IgorFrankensteen
Msg: 13
view profile
History
Posted: 1/14/2013 8:43:18 AM

They make all these damn dating advice books for women, Where the hell are the one's for men?

There are tons of them out there. You probably don't recognize them, because the majority are there to tell desperate would be players, how to fool women into having one-night stands.
 Jcmchef
Msg: 14
view profile
History
Posted: 1/15/2013 6:59:12 AM
[Im often amazed that men and women even get together at all!]

I honestly don't thnk there's anything wrong W women or men . Although from talking to friends of both sexes I feel it might be a good idea to take a look @ ones self & your expectations . Just a thought :)
 makavali7dayz3
Msg: 15
view profile
History
Posted: 1/15/2013 11:00:14 AM
ROFLMAO CHEF. TRUE THAT. TASKMASTER. You need to look in the mirror bro. I read both of your threads and you just say and do things that turn women off. If you aren't good at something you don't say the skill or talent is stupid and useless. You have to admit to yourself that you need improvement. Your 21 you should not be posting threads like this. Your young and you should be enjoying female company. SHEESH.
 4ms4me
Msg: 16
view profile
History
Posted: 1/16/2013 12:42:17 PM
No one has ever conducted a legitimate "Flake Census," either in the past or present.

I beg to differ; that's what POF is for, isn't it? And we get regular updates on the census, right here on the forums. :)

Other than that, I'm +1 on your post.
Show ALL Forums  > Off Topic  > What's wrong with women these days