Notice: Forums will be shutdown by June 2019

To focus on better serving our members, we've decided to shut down the POF forums.

While regular posting is now disabled, you can continue to view all threads until the end of June 2019. Event Hosts can still create and promote events while we work on a new and improved event creation service for you.

Thank you!

Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Sex and Dating  > recent decision to try a spell of celibacy... thoughts? advice?      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 domainfullduplex100
Msg: 4
view profile
History
recent decision to try a spell of celibacy... thoughts? advice? Page 1 of 1    
is masturbation allowed in celibacy?
 privat33r
Msg: 6
view profile
History
recent decision to try a spell of celibacy... thoughts? advice?
Posted: 1/14/2013 7:49:06 PM
I know women who pull this trick off. Temporarily sorta shutdown interest. Is it a wise thing to do-- take a longish break and lose out on all the socialization, warping, goofy aspects? Probably,.. for a while. The opposite works as well.
 U make it entertaining
Msg: 8
Posted: 1/14/2013 8:45:33 PM
It's been over a year for me, and I'm doing just fine.
I see no purpose to sleep with someone if I don't have any feelings for them.
Really ... what's the benefit?
It makes me feel cheap.
I'll wait, thanks.
 andy1961
Msg: 9
view profile
History
Posted: 1/14/2013 8:57:01 PM
Believe it or not, the last relationship I was in was pretty much a celibate one...we were together for 2 1/2 years...had sex three times...

We started dating and after a month or so we finally did the deed...let's just say I NEVER wanted to experience that again and I told him so...I am NOT sexually attracted to you (yet he was SO awesome in so many other ways) but if he were interested in hanging out and doing things together, then RIGHT ON!!! The man would come to my home every weekend and sleep next to me knowing full well sex was off the table...so you can even be IN a 'relationship' and still be celibate...maybe that's what you need? To find someone that's willing to just be friends and hang out...they're out there!!! RARE, yes...but they DO exist...

Good god! What kind of man would listen to a woman saying that to him (a woman who seemed to feel the need and probably enjoyed giving him that news!) and yet still want to continue seeing her, but as "hang out" friends?!

Oh well - it takes all sorts.

OP - nothing wrong at all with a period of celibacy to "clear your head".
 Hearton64
Msg: 12
Posted: 1/15/2013 4:56:40 AM

I've been technically celibate for a very long time, and I'm sick of it.
It has served me well, but I'm done with it now.

FWB's time? lol

I never chose to be celibate,I simply didn't find the right man to become sexual with yet.
 Technoartisan
Msg: 13
Posted: 1/15/2013 4:20:34 PM
I think that if you have to "decide to be celibate" for 6 months then you ought not complain so much. Try going for a year and half without even a simple lunch with someone.
Show ALL Forums  > Sex and Dating  > recent decision to try a spell of celibacy... thoughts? advice?