Notice: Forums will be shutdown by June 2019

To focus on better serving our members, we've decided to shut down the POF forums.

While regular posting is now disabled, you can continue to view all threads until the end of June 2019. Event Hosts can still create and promote events while we work on a new and improved event creation service for you.

Thank you!

Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Ask A Guy  > when a guy says maybe      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 ScooterSB
Msg: 3
view profile
History
when a guy says maybePage 1 of 1    
I would go easy on the guy, if he said he still wants to hang out so he probably still likes you.

Maybe he thinks things are going to slow. Don't ask to 'hang out' see if he wants to go on a proper date. Maybe he thinks you just want to be friends.

The true test would be put the ball firmly in his court. Don't text or call or contact him for a few days, see what happens. If he's lost interest he won't contact you and you can move on.

hope that helps
 Walts
Msg: 6
when a guy says maybe
Posted: 1/15/2013 6:37:35 PM
Did ya give "it" up for him yet????? I'm assuming no because of his reply and his actions. Carry on young lady, and learn from this. Don't reply to his "texts" and see if, after a week or so, he'll call or not. He won't,he'll text ya first. Don't worry, you'll figure it out soon enough, they are boys just turning into men. It takes a few more years.
 LiliMarleen
Msg: 7
view profile
History
when a guy says maybe
Posted: 1/15/2013 7:15:08 PM
When a guy says "maybe," I don't want him, because the guy I want will say "Oh, hell yes!" to me. Find that guy!
 c_deacon
Msg: 11
view profile
History
when a guy says maybe
Posted: 1/16/2013 10:33:51 AM
You two do not know each other well enough to be more than an option, and that is what you are.....so, either accept it, leave it alone, or change it!!

cd
 SexyKG74
Msg: 12
view profile
History
when a guy says maybe
Posted: 1/16/2013 10:37:58 AM
OP, no matter how old a man is, if his attitude towards a woman is "maybe" as opposed to "yes" to anything...it means he's not that into you. Don't waste your time with him...do not allow yourself to be a man's "back up."
 JeffrOThunda
Msg: 13
view profile
History
when a guy says maybe
Posted: 1/16/2013 2:38:06 PM
Yeah, he''s trying to play it cool.
 _Lucian_
Msg: 14
view profile
History
when a guy says maybe
Posted: 1/16/2013 3:29:45 PM
I don't think this is any cause for concern. He may be trying to play it cool or whatever the reason he said it, may not even matter in the end. The end of the matter is that if you have expressed interest in hanging out the ball is entirely in his court and no further effort is required on your part. The sexiest thing in a woman is a woman who knows her worth. Who isn't texting or calling a guy even though he is not texting or calling her. Or who continues to want to hang out with someone who doesn't seem too interested in hanging out with them. At this point sll that should be done is to reciprocate and no longer initiate.
 rockstar_nj1182
Msg: 15
when a guy says maybe
Posted: 1/16/2013 3:59:08 PM
I know me personally, there's been nights where I had no plans and just wanted to lay in bed and watch TV. One time saying "maybe", there's nothing wrong with that. When you have to worry is when it's every time.
 Pangaean
Msg: 17
when a guy says maybe
Posted: 1/17/2013 2:05:57 AM
How about asking him.
Show ALL Forums  > Ask A Guy  > when a guy says maybe