Notice: Forums will be shutdown by June 2019

To focus on better serving our members, we've decided to shut down the POF forums.

While regular posting is now disabled, you can continue to view all threads until the end of June 2019. Event Hosts can still create and promote events while we work on a new and improved event creation service for you.

Thank you!

Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > New Brunswick  > [2013] - Sat Feb 16th - Saint John PoF/Singles Event Just In Time For      View All Events   Home login  
 AUTHOR
 Fauzz
Msg: 1
[2013] - Sat Feb 16th - Saint John PoF/Singles Event Just In Time For Valentines!Page 1 of 1    
[Please note this message has been sent to you indiscriminately within a 10 km radius of chosen postal code. If you know of anyone outside of this radius you would like to see at this event, please draw their attention to this link. Thanks]

Where is this happening?!?!
Jake's Sports Bar/Steakhouse & Pub
535 Westmorland Rd
Saint John, NB E2J3T3

Google Map link: http://goo.gl/maps/utxSQ

When!? Saturday, February 16th, 2013 8:00PM til Bar Close

No cover charge!

The PoFers have been starving for another Singles Social in Saint John, so we're making it happened again just before Valentines/Singles Awareness Day! Good timing?! If you recall the event in May 2012, we had one massive coalition of singles from a few different singles groups which resulted in a success the Pub Down Under owners were still talking about.

Jake's Steakhouse is offering us "Free Pool" and "Beer Pong" tables! (Never played beer pong, but I'll bring my paddle) There are tables, booths with TVs and an island bar all in a 60's like setting. This place has changed a lot since we last did this here in 2007. Its much more accommodating.

Its also within walking distance to the famed 3-mile.

What to expect?

These events are social gatherings where we can socialize and network, making new friends and contacts and increasing our opportunities to find that one you're looking for. There is no need to put any pressure on anyone, therefore these are NOT pick up parties. These are simply hang out and good times. It is these events in the past which made online dating a much better experience. No complications, no expectations and no sales person will come to your door!

What do I need?

Socialites. I need a select group of 8 people, 4 women, 4 men, who are going to help me ensure everyone feels involved and included. You will be tasked with going around and socializing, introducing, and hosting.

DJ has been secured. Jason Gee will be helping us out again. We've scoped out the site together to ensure everything fits as it should. We've got room! :)
Following Members are Attending This Party... Average Member Brings Along 3 Guests

banditgotlovetogive

bgoss

bruce48

countrygurlll

cubandelite

Fauzz

intrigue_romance

lonesomeguy88

Loveyou_2005

mariejoan

molly1232

nbhottie42

nsafunmale

PennyForYourThoughts61

rpgivingandtaking

sjlonelygirl11

stray kat

wiredbabe222

xanderoff

you-will-like-me

20 people are attending
 Fauzz
Msg: 2
[2013] - Sat Feb 9th - Saint John PoF/Singles Event Just In Time For Valentines!
Posted: 1/20/2013 12:07:00 PM
This is supposed to convert into an event thread soon. Its taking a while.
 Fauzz
Msg: 3
[2013] - Sat Feb 9th - Saint John PoF/Singles Event Just In Time For Valentines!
Posted: 1/20/2013 3:57:38 PM
Any applicants for socialites?
 stray kat
Msg: 4
view profile
History
Posted: 2/6/2013 1:13:03 AM
Any chance of an alternate snow date? Looks like the weather's going to be bad Friday and Saturday... :(
 stray kat
Msg: 5
view profile
History
Posted: 2/6/2013 2:01:20 PM
Well, looks like that's a probable "never mind"... the forecast has improved a fair bit... (big shocker... :P)
 Racmusic1
Msg: 6
Posted: 2/8/2013 10:49:10 AM
For those that have a vocal talent,,,,,,,,I have been talking with Jason G ,,who will be cranking the great tunes,, and I will be making Karaoke aval also.No catalogs of songs aval,,,just write down what you would like to get, and it's likely there..
NOTE- This is not hosted but only for your own pleasure. Believe me,,you would not want to hear me sing... :(
 stray kat
Msg: 7
view profile
History
[2013] - Sat Feb 16th - Saint John PoF/Singles Event Just In Time For Valentines!
Posted: 2/8/2013 10:26:44 PM
Ok, so it's apparently going to be a full-out blizzard tomorrow, which pretty much grounds me (and probably most other out-of-towners). Hope you will be organizing another get-together soon, your willingness to put your time and effort into this and the last one is much appreciated! :)
 Fauzz
Msg: 8
[2013] - Sat Feb 16th - Saint John PoF/Singles Event Just In Time For Valentines!
Posted: 2/8/2013 10:34:12 PM
We've pushed this to Feb 16th for safety reasons.

Hope you can all make it NEXT Saturday. ;)
 Racmusic1
Msg: 9
Posted: 2/10/2013 12:29:01 PM
Won't be able to attend next weekend,,working,,but hope everyone has a good time..
Show ALL Forums  > New Brunswick  > [2013] - Sat Feb 16th - Saint John PoF/Singles Event Just In Time For Valentines!