Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Ask A Guy  > Can guys send "flirts"?      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 AR285
Msg: 1
Can guys send "flirts"?Page 1 of 1    
I ask because I was under the impression only women could.

I received a flirt from a guy today that had the (this is a flirt option for women) in the message. However, in his profile it states he is male.
 Quasimodo11543
Msg: 2
Can guys send flirts?
Posted: 1/16/2013 6:09:13 PM
He probably listed himself as a female, accidentally or otherwise. I can not send a flirt thingy. I was a guy last time I looked.
 AR285
Msg: 3
Can guys send flirts?
Posted: 1/16/2013 6:16:18 PM
That was my guess, but just checking. :)
 Stray__Cat
Msg: 4
Can guys send flirts?
Posted: 1/16/2013 6:26:03 PM
You sure it is a guy?
Maybe a very plain looking lesbian perhaps?
 Quasimodo11543
Msg: 5
Can guys send flirts?
Posted: 1/16/2013 6:32:40 PM
Look at his profile, it will say what his gender is.
 Pangaean
Msg: 6
Can guys send flirts?
Posted: 1/17/2013 2:00:14 AM
Well guys flirt in real life, so why they can't do so electronically here on this wonderful site (rolls eyes) might have something to do with an issue the coder for this site is carrying? ;)
 seafoodandeatit
Msg: 7
view profile
History
Can guys send flirts?
Posted: 1/17/2013 4:27:48 AM
I am a male and yes i can send flirts if i wish to..........
 _Midnight_City
Msg: 8
Can guys send flirts?
Posted: 1/17/2013 5:38:00 AM
It's a good thing guys can't send "flirts"

It's bad enough already with "hey, how are you", "hi" , "hello" and other lame one liner messages
 Pangaean
Msg: 9
Can guys send flirts?
Posted: 1/17/2013 7:24:33 AM

It's bad enough already with "hey, how are you", "hi" , "hello" and other lame one liner messages

Nonsense to both points.
 apafely
Msg: 10
Can guys send flirts?
Posted: 1/17/2013 10:10:09 AM
I think guys are physically capable of sending flirts. However, if anyone ever finds out about a guy that he sent flirts, he's condemened to being called 'that flirter guy' or sissy or puff for the rest of his life. Men don't flirt; women flirt. What women do, real men don't (like buying shoes and nagging their husbands to fix the roof.)

So to answer you definitively: yes, men do can send flirts, but they would rather die first than send flirts.
 ohenryx
Msg: 11
view profile
History
Can guys send flirts?
Posted: 1/17/2013 10:26:10 AM

Pangean
Well guys flirt in real life, so why they can't do so electronically here on this wonderful site (rolls eyes) might have something to do with an issue the coder for this site is carrying? ;)

Midnight_City

Pangaean
Nonsense to both points.

No, it is not “nonsense”. This was tried before, with disastrous consequences. The attractive women, the ones who receive the majority of messages here, had their inboxes totally and completely overwhelmed. Hundreds if not thousands of stupid “flirts” each and every day.

Where in the hell is *Cowboy*? Didn’t they reinstate his account yet? He’s usually the one to answer these procedural / historical questions.

“apafely”, I like your post! (smile)
 LathaMath
Msg: 12
Can guys send flirts?
Posted: 1/17/2013 12:13:33 PM
click on "Show all forums"
scroll down to the PoF help section
post questions about site there
 AGuy_4U
Msg: 13
view profile
History
Can guys send flirts?
Posted: 1/17/2013 4:42:21 PM
I'm guessing he copied and pasted it
 Hapworth
Msg: 14
Can guys send flirts?
Posted: 1/17/2013 5:14:12 PM
Does sending a message to 100 women that says, "Hey, wanna fvck?" count as a flirt? :-)
 apafely
Msg: 15
Can guys send flirts?
Posted: 1/17/2013 5:45:18 PM
"No we can't send flirts and I gather women have a lot more freebies than us men because we are many and they are so few lol, I am afraid some dating site are so desperate to get women on them they offer them a ton of free options and would favour women if a dispute arose with the opposite sex! w"

Well well now. Men get freebies sometimes too.

The women. They are the things that women don't get, and if a guy gets one, even ten dinners and seventeen hundred cups of coffee still count for each woman a guy gets as "free".
 Pangaean
Msg: 16
Can guys send flirts?
Posted: 1/17/2013 7:24:00 PM
Does sending a message to 100 women that says, "Hey, wanna fvck?" count as a flirt? :-) ~ Hapworth

Maybe like spam you can net that 1-in-100. ;)

Seriously, though, this whole thread-- even aspects of this site-- seem ridiculous.

...But then, this whole culture is ridiculous, so WTF.
 ohenryx
Msg: 17
view profile
History
Can guys send flirts?
Posted: 1/18/2013 6:42:01 AM

lukeanthony1
No we can't send flirts and I gather women have a lot more freebies than us men because we are many and they are so few

Did you even look at my post just above yours? This is not something that I made up, it is a matter of historical record. When given the flirt option, men jammed up the system to the point where it was no longer working for anyone.

lukeanthony1
one more thing the statics say that to every one woman there is five men

“statics” ?? Seriously, “statics”? Giving you the benefit of the doubt, assuming you meant to say “statistics”, would you care to back up that claim? Let me save you the trouble of looking for any such statistics. They don’t exist, because your statement is not true.

lukeanthony1
If I had a ton of mail each day I would have a massive ego like these women and plenty of potential dates to choose from …..

Some women on this site do receive a lot of email. Research has shown that 80% of the initial contact messages sent by men on dating sites are sent to the top 20% of women. (That “top 20%” was based strictly on their attractiveness as reflected in their profile pictures.) If you are not having any luck, perhaps it is because you are contacting that top 20%, and they just don’t think you are a match, ie, you are not in the top 20% of men.

By the way, you do realize that you used the word “lol” 5 times in your post, right? Online dating is about the ability to use written words to attract the opposite sex. You might want to work on that, while you’re at it.

Hapworth
Does sending a message to 100 women that says, "Hey, wanna fvck?" count as a flirt? :-)

Why, yes, it does. Except that you can’t actually do that. At least not in one sitting. This site limits your number of messages per day, I think the number is around 35 or 40. This, of course, is done specifically to stop what you’re describing.

Pangaian
Seriously, though, this whole thread-- even aspects of this site-- seem ridiculous.

...But then, this whole culture is ridiculous, so WTF.

Yes, I agree, life is ridiculous. But then again, this is the only life I have, and I intend to enjoy it.

To quote Jerry Garcia,

I may be going to hell in a bucket, but at least I’m enjoying the ride.
 Pangaean
Msg: 18
Can guys send flirts?
Posted: 1/18/2013 3:17:19 PM
ohenryx, I am speaking specifically about a specific culture, as opposed to life in general. I'm talking about The Matrix, so to speak, although, hell in a bucket or handbasket resonates.

"... So money goes toward those who will create even more of it. But, basically economic growth means that you have to find something that was once nature and make it into a good, or was once a gift-relationship and make it into a service. You have to find something that people once got for free or did for themselves or for each other, and then take it away and sell it back to them, somehow. By turning things into commodities, we get cut off from nature in the same ways we are cut off from community."
~ Charles Eisenstein
Show ALL Forums  > Ask A Guy  > Can guys send "flirts"?