Notice: Forums will be shutdown by June 2019

To focus on better serving our members, we've decided to shut down the POF forums.

While regular posting is now disabled, you can continue to view all threads until the end of June 2019. Event Hosts can still create and promote events while we work on a new and improved event creation service for you.

Thank you!

Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > UK forums  > tattoos a turn on ? or turn off ?      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 Chuzz16
Msg: 2
view profile
History
tattoos a turn on ? or turn off ?Page 1 of 6    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6)
I don't like them on a woman.
I don't mind a couple on a man, but I hate it when they are covered in them.
 DAFT_DOG
Msg: 3
view profile
History
tattoos a turn on ? or turn off ?
Posted: 1/16/2013 11:07:42 PM
they can be all those things cant they,( Tacky, nice, horrible etc ), its all down to individual perception, personally, i`m not into tattoo`s, on a woman, i dont mind , its her body :O)
 fleursky
Msg: 4
view profile
History
Posted: 1/16/2013 11:32:27 PM
This is a very personal thing with people but what I don't like is people who judges someone on tattoos and assume they are unintelligent, a chav or the suchlike

I personally don't like single little tattoos dotted randomly in all areas on a lady. I don't like to see names, Disney characters etc and things that I find a bit daft.
I do love tattoo artwork. I have half an arm sleeve completed and is an ongoing piece of art that I'm working on.
It's my own art design and I am very pleased with it and love it (although I appreciate it's not to everyones taste).
However it amuses me that when I go to chambers meetings or other important business meetings I secretly s at the shocked looks on others there in their stiff suits looking down their nose as if these tattoos affect the job I do!!
 curviest
Msg: 14
view profile
History
Posted: 1/17/2013 4:51:24 AM
Complete and utter turn OFF.

And make the man look like a candidate for the Jeremy Kyle show.
 blueronin
Msg: 22
Posted: 1/17/2013 8:44:54 AM
i don't mind them and i have a few myself.
i do however have a hang up about boob tatoos. i just looks aweful to me.
 GeordieColin
Msg: 50
view profile
History
Posted: 1/19/2013 2:14:20 AM
I think that its very harsh to judge those with lots of tattoos. It is simply a personal choice. I dated a woman locally who has loads of tattoos and she was a lovely person. You may know her ophelia ?
I think that it is too easy to write people off over one thing about them. Its almost like looking to an ideal that is just not there!
 curviest
Msg: 63
view profile
History
Posted: 1/29/2013 1:54:58 PM
Vile. Utterly vile. On both sexes.

Don't those chav women realise what their tramp-stamps are going to look like when they are 80?

UGH.
 AbraXusexile
Msg: 69
view profile
History
Posted: 2/1/2013 9:34:08 AM
I like slutty back tattoo's like Mike Tyson has on his face.
 icarusi
Msg: 72
view profile
History
Posted: 2/2/2013 5:32:41 PM

For me they are the biggest turn off. It's not so much the way they look but the thought process that someone goes through. I just don't see that permanently disfiguring yourself for a fashion fad is a very bright thing to do. I mean, how many people would have been glad if they'd been sewn into a bright blue and pink polyester shell suit in 1991 and were still walking around wearing it now? Twenty years from now that's how you're going to look!
Pretty much how I view them, although I'm sure some treat them like memoirs. Naturally obtained scars are much more interesting.
 LukeMM23
Msg: 76
Posted: 2/23/2013 12:10:47 AM
"Not sure about a turn off as such but women's skin is usually lovely as it is and I can't see why they would want to ruin that. "

At least, I'm not the only sensible person who thinks that. I mean, a woman is a work of art unto herself. If she can't see that, if she wants to cover up her natural beauty forever, that's what is most unattractive to me. That kind of self-abuse. It's a bad influence on kids. Parents should want their kids to love themselves. That's why we insist that kids take care of their own hygiene, isn't it?
 LukeMM23
Msg: 77
Posted: 2/23/2013 12:14:41 AM
"Not in my case.I had the majority of mine in memory of my little girl.Unless i strip off they cannot be seen."

Not to sound like a complete**** but when a guy is having sex with you, you're exposing him to art, related to the death of your daughter, is that right?

That sounds like a great turn-on to me. NOT.

I can see it now, "Wow, babe, that memorial tattoo of your dead daughter is sure hot."

Great sexual situation. NOT.
 TheRe-SownRose
Msg: 79
view profile
History
Posted: 2/23/2013 2:13:42 AM

Roadtripper...says it all really..

Quite, an American one at that, so his comments are hardly relevant. Just ignore Katy.
 GeordieColin
Msg: 83
view profile
History
Posted: 2/23/2013 5:52:25 AM
I recently spotted a fantastic Monkey tattoo on facebook . It was bending over looking through its legs on a women's belly and its arse was her belly button.
 TheRe-SownRose
Msg: 86
view profile
History
Posted: 2/23/2013 8:39:46 AM
I'm a terribly impulsive person and all 3 of mine were done on a whim when accompanying a friend. All are random that I chose there and then, no regrets thus far.... Last one was done nearly 10 years ago and I've been contemplating one on my inner wrist...probably will be frowned upon at work being the NHS but I couldn't give a ...conforming has never been my strong point.
 Jo van
Msg: 88
Posted: 2/23/2013 9:04:29 AM
In my youth, having a tattoo made you part of an "anti-establishment culture".
Back then, only "hard men", sailors, scaffolders, and street-fighters, had tattoos.

Back then, the only women who had them, were alcoholics, or recovering alcoholics.
Tattoos were pretty much a separate "culture".

Now , they have become a part of our mainstream culture, and people in all 'walks of life' have them.
Now we have nerdy little bank-clerks with "tribal" tattoos all down their skinny little arms.
They're all apparently part of the same Maori Tribe!
-What are the odds of that...?

I think that like declaring yourself to be "spiritual", it's one of those vane attempts by some people to make otherwise exceedingly, tediously dull people, seem to be more "interesting" than they really are.

I wouldn't be "turned-on", or "turned-off" by them.
But I wouldn't either, be fooled by them, in the first place.
I suspect that like most other things, things which you at first, found endearing, and charming about a partner, they would lose their appeal, in time, and become an irritation.

Such is life...

Like them, or loathe them, you're gonna be pretty much stuck with them, if you love the person who bears them...
 Jo van
Msg: 94
Posted: 2/23/2013 9:56:27 AM
think I can almost go along with that.

That's very Magnus Magnesson of you. Don't sound so surprised.

At least we're not stirring up apathy on this thread. Nottingham can't be bothered.

I saw that. Most people would have just said "I can't be arsed"
There something 'telling' in that.

I'm thinking of getting a full-sized portrait of my face, tattooed onto my face.
I feel it would emphasize my features.

VVV
Edit
Nah, It would just confuse me.
I wouldn't know if I was coming, or going....
 imanorangetiger
Msg: 96
view profile
History
Posted: 2/23/2013 11:21:48 AM
Tattoos are body art, and all art is subjective. If people don't like something about someone, they should own that feeling themselves, rather than transfer it onto the person concerned. Man maketh the tattoo, not the tattoo maketh the man. And all that.

Does that make sense or am I off with the little pixies again? ;o)
 LukeMM23
Msg: 100
Posted: 2/23/2013 12:52:26 PM
"Quite, an American one at that, so his comments are hardly relevant. Just ignore Katy."

I am a proud American. I stand by the Bill of Rights, even if our government or the American people aren't upholding it.

But, you're not asking me to just love a woman with tatts. Society is forcing everyone to love and accept tatts. We can't object to it. We can't have an opinion of our own. Why? Because it makes you feel bad?? Grow up.
 TheRe-SownRose
Msg: 101
view profile
History
Posted: 2/23/2013 12:56:27 PM

But, you're not asking me to just love a woman with tatts. Society is forcing everyone to love and accept tatts. We can't object to it. We can't have an opinion of our own. .

No one is asking you!!!!!!!!!!! This is the UK forum. GO AWAY
 LukeMM23
Msg: 102
Posted: 2/23/2013 1:08:26 PM
I'm sorry. I can't go along with this love of tattoos. It's simply like saying, my natural body is not enough for me. That says a lot about a person right there. And, I find what that says to be very unattractive.

The world does not revolve around you. If you want to live in this world, you have to understand this fact. You effect others. You impact other peoples' lives, whether you want to or not. We're all part of the same system. We all have some things in common, no matter what. We all influence each other.

Now, society is asking everyone to go along with this new tattoo craze. If someone objects to it, that person is treating like a leper. Of course, while being scolded and mistreated by society, having their right to their opinion taken away, that person is gonna feel oppressed and angry. Too bad. That's a fact throughout history.

So, I get a kick out of these people, mostly girls, stamping their feet and whining because they can't get their way. They can't get someone to love this permanent graffiti on the beautiful, natural art that is their bodies.

And, that's what a mature, healthy person should look at their bodies as. A beautiful, natural piece of art. If someone else can't see that beauty, that's they're problem. BUT, if you want to cover up that art, you're basically hiding that beauty and letting that ignorant person, who can't love every inch of you, win.

What a great example to set for kids. You're basically saying two things. Kids, you're not enough as you are. Even though, a parent should adore and gush over their children, like beautiful pieces of art as they are... no matter what. That's what it means to love them, unconditionally. You're also saying, you'll never be important unless you have a tattoo. "You'll never be important" is a horrible message to send to kids, when it's your job as parents to lift them up and help them try to accomplish anything. What if that kid says, "I want to be President"? Are you gonna say, "Well, that's impossible. What are you, stupid?"

If your kid wants tattoos, the argument should go right back to self-image and self-love. You should try to convince your kids that they are beautiful as they are. To respect themselves as they are. By seeing mommy and daddy, covered in tattoos sends the message that this is normal. Then, the kid will say, "When am I gonna get my tattoo?"

A parent should want their kid to aspire to be better than that. Not enjoy mediocrity. Not enjoy looking like a graffiti scratch pad.

That's my two cents. I can't wait to hear how "ignorant" I am.
 imanorangetiger
Msg: 103
view profile
History
Posted: 2/23/2013 1:10:26 PM
I mean, a woman is a work of art unto herself. If she can't see that, if she wants to cover up her natural beauty forever, that's what is most unattractive to me.

Luke - the important part of this sentence is the very last part. It's unattractive to YOU. Full stop. End of. Move on. You'd already said your piece. Your following comment made towards Katy didn't really need to be externalised. In fact, looking at it again, it was a bit crass and disrespectful. I'm not expecting you to apologise but I'd suggest that you don't enflame things further.

Edit: Ah, too late..... ;o)
 TheRe-SownRose
Msg: 104
view profile
History
Posted: 2/23/2013 1:16:08 PM

I'm sorry. I can't go along with this love of tattoos. It's simply like saying, my natural body is not enough for me. That says a lot about a person right there. And, I find what that says to be very unattractive.

The world does not revolve around you. If you want to live in this world, you have to understand this fact. You effect others. You impact other peoples' lives, whether you want to or not. We're all part of the same system. We all have some things in common, no matter what. We all influence each other.

Now, society is asking everyone to go along with this new tattoo craze. If someone objects to it, that person is treating like a leper. Of course, while being scolded and mistreated by society, having their right to their opinion taken away, that person is gonna feel oppressed and angry. Too bad. That's a fact throughout history.

So, I get a kick out of these people, mostly girls, stamping their feet and whining because they can't get their way. They can't get someone to love this permanent graffiti on the beautiful, natural art that is their bodies.

And, that's what a mature, healthy person should look at their bodies as. A beautiful, natural piece of art. If someone else can't see that beauty, that's they're problem. BUT, if you want to cover up that art, you're basically hiding that beauty and letting that ignorant person, who can't love every inch of you, win.

What a great example to set for kids. You're basically saying two things. Kids, you're not enough as you are. Even though, a parent should adore and gush over their children, like beautiful pieces of art as they are... no matter what. That's what it means to love them, unconditionally. You're also saying, you'll never be important unless you have a tattoo. "You'll never be important" is a horrible message to send to kids, when it's your job as parents to lift them up and help them try to accomplish anything. What if that kid says, "I want to be President"? Are you gonna say, "Well, that's impossible. What are you, stupid?"

If your kid wants tattoos, the argument should go right back to self-image and self-love. You should try to convince your kids that they are beautiful as they are. To respect themselves as they are. By seeing mommy and daddy, covered in tattoos sends the message that this is normal. Then, the kid will say, "When am I gonna get my tattoo?"

A parent should want their kid to aspire to be better than that. Not enjoy mediocrity. Not enjoy looking like a graffiti scratch pad.

That's my two cents. I can't wait to hear how "ignorant" I am.

It it against POF rules for post in a forum that you don't belong in, do you understand?
 safaa30
Msg: 110
view profile
History
Posted: 2/23/2013 3:43:08 PM
Small ones look cute. Mahoosive ones like the one on cheryl cole's back are not nice :(
 Nottinghamfellow
Msg: 119
view profile
History
Posted: 3/3/2013 2:22:31 PM
Goodness, has it really taken me so long to have an entry on here. J V it's true I can't be arsed, as it hurts like buggery! :-) back to topic. Question being turn off or on. For me off. I find myself not wanted to lick the tattoo, dont know why, especially as i have one that that says Wam. Well that is, until i get excited and it says Welcome to Nottingham. The old ones are the best. . Don't get me wrong, i still force myself . . From an aesthetic perspective I do cringe when i see them on face, neck or hands, the latter even more when they say left and right. I have always been amused by the blokes who have bitter and lager respectively by each nipple yet not one who has this, has let me sample. I cant help but think of the poor ladies who under the Nazis were branded with a tat showing them to be whores (a job enforced not applied for) and being given a number as such taking away their humanity on two levels. This burns into me when I see tats on a womans chest. When I was young, only sailors had them so i guess an anchor, mermaid etc with or without the word mum on a muscular forearm could work toward sexual excitement, but only when sold as a total package.
 Nottinghamfellow
Msg: 120
view profile
History
Posted: 3/3/2013 2:23:24 PM
The same post came on twice so i have amended it down to this new paragraph. Sorry folks
Show ALL Forums  > UK forums  > tattoos a turn on ? or turn off ?