Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Ask A Guy  > Please guys, no more pictures of dead fish!      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 dianacee
Msg: 1
view profile
History
Please guys, no more pictures of dead fish!Page 1 of 1    
Why do guys post photos of fish on their profiles? They seem like trophies to show the buddies. I realize that those may be the only photos some guys have but I am wondering if they realize that many women are turned off by dead animals. What do you think?
 U make it entertaining
Msg: 2
Please guys, no more pictures of dead fish!
Posted: 1/19/2013 7:42:02 PM
EXACTLY!!!!!

Dead fish means back out of the profile.
 a_lonewolf
Msg: 3
Posted: 1/19/2013 7:48:14 PM
Plenty of Fish........ photos of fish...... get it?
Be thankful this site isn't called 'plenty of crap'. There would be umteen pictures of brown paper bags on fire.
:)
 Kiki_Buttons
Msg: 4
Posted: 1/19/2013 7:51:36 PM
Ummmm....maybe it's an interest for these guys? I'd rather see a pic of a guy with his catch than at the bar with a drink in each hand!
 tooborednow
Msg: 5
Posted: 1/19/2013 7:53:50 PM

Why do guys post photos of fish on their profiles?

Because you complain more about, and we violate the rules with, genital shots?
And some guys get even worse reactions with their shirts off?

They seem like trophies to show the buddies.

Those hairy **stards taking pictures of when they are all happy and feel a sense of sportsman's accomplishment or simply having fun outside of the house...

I am wondering if they realize that many women are turned off by dead animals

How many leather shoes, handbags, skirts, pants, jackets you have?
Not to mention, you know makeup (tested on animals) is meant to highlight your sexuality right?
Blood red lips, flushed cheeks, hooded eyes, younger soft unblemished porcelain skin...and don't forget the cleavage.
It's all meant to portray sexual connotations to men, to encourage the sexual juices to flow. Thanks for that.

So please, tell us men what you would like to see if our virile ability to procure and provide food and resources and feel good doing it is a turn off...what would be a turn on?
Maybe put something in your profile about the exact picture you want to see of the guy before or when he contacts you.
Seriously, just order a picture from a guy.
IMO that would make a much more fun dating website.
No one has pictures, just a detailed profile, and your first email is just a description of what photo you want the other person to go out and take for you, then you talk about what you did and why you took or wanted that photo.

What do you think?

I think if you are turned off by what they enjoy doing in their life then you probably shouldn't be dating them anyway.
 colinjr23
Msg: 6
Posted: 1/19/2013 7:54:58 PM
Why do women all post photos taken in their crapper?

Do you think I want to see how nasty your bathroom is? Oh wait...
 Eric_Summit
Msg: 7
Posted: 1/19/2013 8:18:25 PM
What absolute proof do you have that the fish are all indeed dead in the images?
Photographs might have been taken during catch and release for all you know.
 apafely
Msg: 8
Posted: 1/19/2013 8:34:24 PM
Girls! No more smell of dead fish.

(Now we are even.)

"They seem like trophies to show the buddies."

That's exactly what I was talking about, too.

-----------------

"What absolute proof do you have that the fish are all indeed dead in the images?
Photographs might have been taken during catch and release for all you know."

Right!! They could be space aliens, too, saying their multiplication tables. Or they could be the meaning of life, in a pictorial form by a higher intelligence. (But I somehow doubt that.)

Dead Fish could be a band, a new Man's aftershave, or a cat food commercial.

Or it could be in the water.
 Wreckless212
Msg: 9
Posted: 1/19/2013 8:47:08 PM
How about a show of good faith , and women stop imitating ducks in their photos?
 Eric_Summit
Msg: 10
Posted: 1/19/2013 9:02:57 PM

Posted by apafely:
"...Dead Fish could be a band.

Agree with you!

Posted by Wreckless212:
"...How about a show of good faith, and women stop imitating ducks in their photos?..."

Very funny, Wreckless212! That gave me my best laugh of the day.
 apafely
Msg: 11
Posted: 1/19/2013 9:14:13 PM
"Ive often wonder why people post pictures of themselves in the bathroom and half of them should clean the bloody bathroom or hire some friends to take their pictures."

I had a date with a woman here once who told me she hired her friends to clean up her bathroom, and then she took some photos of herself.
Posted: 1/19/2013 9:35:11 PM
Oh, this thread turned out to be a bit funny...

Why do guys post photos of fish on their profiles?

Because you complain more about, and we violate the rules with, genital shots?
And some guys get even worse reactions with their shirts off?

They seem like trophies to show the buddies.

Those hairy **stards taking pictures of when they are all happy and feel a sense of sportsman's accomplishment or simply having fun outside of the house...

I am wondering if they realize that many women are turned off by dead animals

How many leather shoes, handbags, skirts, pants, jackets you have?
Not to mention, you know makeup (tested on animals) is meant to highlight your sexuality right?
Blood red lips, flushed cheeks, hooded eyes, younger soft unblemished porcelain skin...and don't forget the cleavage.
It's all meant to portray sexual connotations to men, to encourage the sexual juices to flow. Thanks for that.

So please, tell us men what you would like to see if our virile ability to procure and provide food and resources and feel good doing it is a turn off...what would be a turn on?
Maybe put something in your profile about the exact picture you want to see of the guy before or when he contacts you.
Seriously, just order a picture from a guy.
IMO that would make a much more fun dating website.
No one has pictures, just a detailed profile, and your first email is just a description of what photo you want the other person to go out and take for you, then you talk about what you did and why you took or wanted that photo.

What do you think?

I think if you are turned off by what they enjoy doing in their life then you probably shouldn't be dating them anyway.

Why do women all post photos taken in their crapper?

Do you think I want to see how nasty your bathroom is? Oh wait...

Yes...and why is a pic in the bathroom, with a toilet, sometimes called the "obligatory" bathroom pic in the captions of such pics? Obligatory? When and how did this fad start, that it's magically become an obligation?
 Quasimodo11543
Msg: 13
Posted: 1/19/2013 9:42:43 PM
oh come on now, it isn't like we can show off our cleavage.
 Paddy_o_Lantern
Msg: 14
Posted: 1/19/2013 9:50:11 PM
Why do guys post photos of fish on their profiles

Probably for the same reason I see pictures on womens profiles showing them withth dead fish, dead animals, thier truck or harley.... it's part of who they are and they are trying to attract a partner who can share that or at least tolerate it.
 Truth556
Msg: 15
Posted: 1/19/2013 10:02:38 PM
Why do women older than my mom post duck lips pictures?
 scottey63
Msg: 16
view profile
History
Posted: 1/19/2013 10:19:31 PM
Please girls, no more pictures of your kids, girlfriends out at the bar, the places you've traveled to, and duck-face facial poses!
 Pangaean
Msg: 17
Posted: 1/19/2013 10:20:53 PM
Well I'm here for a serious relationship and live in a very small town with limited options in that regard.

As for the males (and females?) that post dead fish, well, I guess that's their thing. Maybe some people go for that. Like fish and chips or something...
How about a lightly-breadcrumbed garlic-butter-fried golden haddock with cracked pepper, dash of salt, a wedge of lemon and parsley garnish? Mmmm... ;)

I've also seen some women with their buns in g-strings or close-cropped (headless) near-bare cleavage, kind of thrusting toward the camera. Hey whatever, if that's your thing and you're looking to be a particular lure.
I mean, I love breasts and buns, but am unsure my type of woman would do that kind of thing anyway.
Right, honey? I know you're out there. But who knows. I might fall off my chair one day. ;)

I'm ok with some bathroom mirror shots, by the way, but that's just me. :)
 Fluffyguy1970
Msg: 18
Posted: 1/19/2013 11:04:10 PM
So let me get this straight we are not allowed to post pics of dead fish ok fair enough, then women no pics of cleavage, bathroom pics and that stupid duck face. This is a activity that many men do and enjoy. We get complaints if we post shirtless pics, pics with other woman and pics of us doing things we like. Is a woman ever happy seriously. So heres the deal we will not post pics of us with dead animals if you can stop posting pics of yourself in the mirror of your bathroom cause we really dont care to see that, and the stupid duck face.....deal?
 auntyemm
Msg: 19
Posted: 1/20/2013 12:05:19 AM
Why do women post pictures of their dogs,cats and other pets.Also picture,s with other males,out with freinds,trips they have been on etc,etc etc.It is part of what you are,move on if you don,t like it
 house_full_of_bullets
Msg: 20
Posted: 1/20/2013 4:45:46 AM
I'll make you a deal:
No dead fish from men and no duck face from women.
Show ALL Forums  > Ask A Guy  > Please guys, no more pictures of dead fish!