Notice: Forums will be shutdown by June 2019

To focus on better serving our members, we've decided to shut down the POF forums.

While regular posting is now disabled, you can continue to view all threads until the end of June 2019. Event Hosts can still create and promote events while we work on a new and improved event creation service for you.

Thank you!

Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Profile Reviews  > what am i doing wrong?      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 ImReadyForUnow
Msg: 2
what am i doing wrong?Page 1 of 1    
Of course you are getting these messages!

1) Some guys are not going to read your profile. The get as far as your picture and interests and see "Pole Dancing"
2) The first line you say "I'm passionate about life...having fun anytime I can." The word "fun" online is another word for sex!
3) Then you write " I'm known to end an debate with a make out session just to change the subject ;)"

So Miss Teacher hear is how your profile reads.
I love pole dancing. I'm passionate about life...having sex anytime I can. I'm known to end an debate with a make out session (I mean sex) just to change the subject ;)
 Indira46
Msg: 3
view profile
History
what am i doing wrong?
Posted: 1/20/2013 10:52:33 AM
There's nothing in your profile. Fill in more interests. Describe your personality. Describe the type of man you're looking for and some fun activities to enjoy together.
 tom808
Msg: 5
what am i doing wrong?
Posted: 1/20/2013 12:53:01 PM

So Miss Teacher hear is how your profile reads.
I love pole dancing. I'm passionate about life...having sex anytime I can. I'm known to end an debate with a make out session (I mean sex) just to change the subject ;)

That's like blaming a rape victim for dressing too sexy. I am surprised that a woman would write something like this.
 You go first
Msg: 7
what am i doing wrong?
Posted: 1/20/2013 1:29:32 PM
msg 5: ^^ That's a ridiculous statement.

Many guys are on this site because it's free and they are looking for what they expect is easy sex. They eventually get bored and go away. It happens to every woman on these sites, every age, every shape. So what. Think of them as flies and just block/delete them.

As already suggested, there are certain trigger words that the idiot pervs see and translate in their little brains. As you are now aware of those trigger words, you can easily change your description to describe activities and interests in a way that will appeal to the more normal guys. It would also help to add more Interests in that field for a guy to use to create an introduction message, see what you may have in common, and get a sense of your personality.

How long are you 'talking' with guys before setting up a short coffee meeting? The ones that don't ask for naked photos after a few exchanges are probably worth meeting in person to see if they are legit. If you are dragging things on for weeks, I'd be gone, too.

Hopefully you are contacting men you find interesting, too.
 daysleeper5
Msg: 9
view profile
History
what am i doing wrong?
Posted: 1/20/2013 3:10:10 PM
You should definitely add some restrictions to your mail settings. Right now all anyone needs is a picture to talk to you. You've thrown the doors to the asylum wide open.
Show ALL Forums  > Profile Reviews  > what am i doing wrong?