Notice: Forums will be shutdown by June 2019

To focus on better serving our members, we've decided to shut down the POF forums.

While regular posting is now disabled, you can continue to view all threads until the end of June 2019. Event Hosts can still create and promote events while we work on a new and improved event creation service for you.

Thank you!

Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Ask A Guy  > men try to grope on first date      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 GirlisaGem
Msg: 1
view profile
History
men try to grope on first datePage 1 of 1    
I went out to meet someone for the first time, it went nicely along, I didn't mind light kissing at the end of the date. Nothing heavy, no fondling, just light kissing, no naughty hands. Suddenly he grabbed my crotch when we were turning away to leave eachother, I quickly pulled away & left.
It was going nicely, then he did this? What is going on here, is this the type of guy just trying to get some? He has been emailing & emailing a week since then saying he wants to see me again, I haven't responded, But I have a hard time believing he is looking for long term when he does something like this. Input please?
It's a shame because it was an enjoyable first meet until that point.
 GirlisaGem
Msg: 2
view profile
History
men try to grope on first date
Posted: 1/20/2013 11:38:06 AM
Thank you all for your replies, it is exactly what I suspected. All your replies were very kindly worded & honest, very nice men, thank you.
 U make it entertaining
Msg: 3
Posted: 1/20/2013 11:50:05 AM
I would associate that with "SEX SEX SEX".

Sorry not for me.
Glad he showed his true colors ... no?
 windchymes
Msg: 4
view profile
History
Posted: 1/20/2013 11:53:07 AM
I'm with you, stick to your guns. I've posted in here before about getting a string of guys who think grabbing, and not gently, either, is a cool thing to do on a first date. Maybe that's what THEY are hoping we'll do to them, but I hope you let him know why in no uncertain terms. They need to learn sometime, lol.

You'll probably get a nasty message back, but oh well.
 jfcaaron
Msg: 5
view profile
History
Posted: 1/20/2013 11:54:04 AM
There jacka**'s then there more jacka**'s. And you wonder why there are so many guys that don't get any responces. Because you hear this crap all the time and it makes gals so cautious to respond. Block and keep looking. Not all of us are like that and are willing to go the distance. Yea, some women are like that as well.
Posted: 1/20/2013 12:22:21 PM
What is going on here, is this the type of guy just trying to get some?

every man you date wants to get some. the difference will be in the approach.

what happened here is you encountered a man whose courtship sensibilities don't agree with yours. is that really such a mystery? what were you expecting? a few emails, phone calls and one date tell you almot nothing about a person - all you'll know for sure is whether you want to see them again, which is exactly what you have here.

a woman once asked me, two minutes into our first phone call, how much sex i was getting from pof. i found that inappropriate, so i ended the call and focused on my next prospect. no need to understand why that woman does things differently than me; that's part and parcel of the human experience.
 AstroCat505
Msg: 7
Posted: 1/20/2013 1:03:43 PM
I would say that chances are that kind of tactic worked for him in another scenario and he chose to attempt it again to see if he could get the same results...
Posted: 1/20/2013 1:28:41 PM
OMGGGGGGGGGGG.
I'm sorry............ I'm "laughin" to hard.

I know its not really funny.

Had a man do that while walking hand in hand through the park one day in front of people.
I had known him over a year and did NOT meet him online and we had not had sex. We were only on our 4rth official date/outing together.

Just started laughing at him and asked " What the hell?The crotch ? Are you a dum azz"?

He was so embarrassed and said " He thought it was just a thought ( he was daydreaming we were having sex) and didn't realized he actually did it"

Of course that just took the *oomp* out of things for me.

I can still laugh AT him today thinking about it.

Wear a crotch guard?
 activemelaney
Msg: 9
view profile
History
Posted: 1/20/2013 2:21:58 PM

I've posted in here before about getting a string of guys who think grabbing, and not gently, either, is a cool thing to do on a first date.

A string of guys?

What type of man do you choose to go out with? I've dated dozens of men over the years and have never had this happen even once. If it ever did happen then it would be game over.

I must be the only woman on POF who never received dozens of rude messages from males, naked photos of their crotches and never been been pinched inappropriately on dates. Perhaps Seattle just has more gentlemen.
 activemelaney
Msg: 10
view profile
History
Posted: 1/20/2013 2:31:57 PM

Thats so wierd...but then again...most Canadian guys that I know only want one thing. Maybe he was drunk or something. But still, so un-called for

There's nothing wrong with wanting sex and more sex. No need for a male to apologize for their thoughts or being a male. The males I've known, however, still behave appropriately. I'm sure that the vast majority of men have the social skillls to know that he has hundred times more chance of 'getting some' if he acts like a gentleman rather than just grabbing some part of a woman's body.
Show ALL Forums  > Ask A Guy  > men try to grope on first date