Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Ask A Guy  > Why do guys add me as a FAVORITE & then never msg me?      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 SexyScreenwriter
Msg: 1
Why do guys add me as a FAVORITE & then never msg me?Page 1 of 1    
This completely mind boggles me. Why do these guys add me as their favorite and never once messaged me or ever talk to me? I have at least 15 guys who added me as their favorite who never message me, but view my profile from time to time and have me as a favorite, what is that about?
 AintNoDeal
Msg: 2
Why do guys add me as a FAVORITE & then never msg me?
Posted: 1/20/2013 11:33:31 PM
I have favorite singers, favorite bands, favorite actors and actresses. Some I find sexy, alluring, even fantasize about them. I NEVER WRITE TO THEM. NEVER. I don't follow their Twitter accounts.

Favorite does not mean "You are my Soul Mate and I must be with you immediately". Favorite can apply to anything mentioned in your profile. You mention eating SPAM for breakfast, and 10 guys will favorite you because they like SPAM for breakfast. 3 guys will UN-favorite you.

And that's how is goes. Add a favorite is by NO MEANS an indicator that someone will contact you or ask you out. Stop Worrying, and Learn to Love Favorites.

Including the ones that don't write.

PS - If you are indeed witty, you do not need to be sarcastic. Also, glad your bathroom mirror pic has a hand sanitizer, 'cause ... ick!!! Not the kind of place I would want to meet and shake hands.
 Ochema
Msg: 3
Posted: 1/21/2013 1:16:50 AM
Been asked a thousand times...

Bookmart is what favorites mean to me. I found something interesting, but not so much so to put me out of my stupor for the moment being. I'll favorite, and maybe maybe message later. I might forget about checking my favorites list for months, as I spend most of my time on forums, and then maybe maybe some day I'll check and think "hey, I remember this profile; oh well, it's late now so maybe I'll write her later".

Sometimes I'll delete the whole thing, and decide to write to none of them.
 kaotez
Msg: 4
view profile
History
Posted: 1/21/2013 1:50:25 AM
ive done that before. i guess mainly because, when i find someone im attracted to, i get all sorts of confused. i dont quite know what to say or i get intimidated and start thinking i dont even have a chance. im just kinda shy. :S
 Blah_User_Name
Msg: 5
Posted: 1/21/2013 3:03:44 AM
Most common reasons for being added as a favorite but not being sent a message:-

1. They are shy
2. They saw your profile and intend messaging but haven't got around to it
3. You are a forum regular and they want to follow your posts
4. It's a nudge to see if you are mutually interested enough to message them.
5. They can't get through your mail restrictions. This is the most common reason I have found which caused them to be blocked - "Must not have messaged users looking for intimate encounters or sex." They are hoping you will message them as they can't message you.
 Pangaean
Msg: 6
Posted: 1/21/2013 3:23:49 AM
Ask them.
 venomac1
Msg: 7
view profile
History
Posted: 1/21/2013 5:14:37 AM
Favoriting someone is like the women's flirt option on here or a Wink option on another site.
Me personally, I have favorited a few before just to show interest because I am a shy type person. If they dont send a message within a weeks time I un-favorite them.
I only have 1 person favorited permanantly, and that is because I love reading the changes to her profile and her forum post, her writing is funny as hell sometimes.
 BountyHunterMichael
Msg: 8
Posted: 1/21/2013 5:22:47 AM
just ask them.....break the ICE!
 SunshineAngel99
Msg: 9
view profile
History
Posted: 1/21/2013 6:39:09 AM
I stopped doing it because it confuses women lol. I view a woman's profile and just fire away a message if I like the profile.
 funny4uwannatry
Msg: 10
view profile
History
Posted: 1/21/2013 7:18:10 AM
I liked some of the answers from men.. I would not have thought of some of them. This post was a great example of how forums can be helpful and insightful.. Thanks guys for your input!!!
 GenJayne
Msg: 11
Posted: 1/21/2013 7:39:57 AM
I think it has to do mostly with the restrictions placed on your profile. Perhaps these men do not meet the criteria so instead of changing their profiles they just tag you in favorites and hope to get a response that way. Most men that just favor me are married or to young so they don't pass my restrictions.
 christ on a crutch
Msg: 12
view profile
History
Posted: 1/21/2013 8:14:13 AM
people like to press buttons on their computers and pretend they're actually interacting. i mean, i could gin up a facebook page for the lemon tree in my back yard, come back a month later and a dozen people would have 'liked' it.
 DJTONEYB
Msg: 13
Posted: 1/21/2013 8:42:39 AM
I completely agree, I am such a guy -I hit the Fav key more than anyone, ladies it is a perfect ICE-BREAKER and it allows to use as a barometer in which he can see if you even think he's cute enough for you to wanna hold a conversation with, because we all know looks aren't everything, you still as a guy wanna be appealing to an attractive woman you desire, or at least that's the way I feel!!!
 Coolguy346
Msg: 14
view profile
History
Posted: 1/21/2013 8:47:52 AM
You pretty sweet and cool...some guys either follow your posts or are trying to break the ice!
 wvwaterfall
Msg: 15
view profile
History
Posted: 1/21/2013 9:52:25 AM
Lotsa reasons, many already mentioned here.

They don't fall within your restrictions
They went through and saved several profiles worth another look but now's not a good time to start something (maybe three women caught their eye and they don't want to juggle three conversations leading to possible dates at once)
They like to look at your pictures
They like to follow your forum posts
They're intending to show your profile to a friend you seem a good match for

Whatever. Saving favorites is a tool here. Different people use the same tools different ways. If someone favorites you and they look interesting, that's a perfect icebreaker for you to use contacting them first.
 apafely
Msg: 16
Posted: 1/21/2013 10:29:20 AM
They might have seen your movie, and they changed their minds.

Or, they think you are like a goddess, too good for them, too high maintenance, or too unattainable even with normal, expected maintenance, like breakfast in bed every Saturday, and then it dawns on the guy that he does not know how to operate a toaster, or breakfast in bed every Saturday in Paris, and he takes you to his parish hall, pulling the folding iron bed on small wheels to church after his clunker.

-----------------

Edit: that British import in msg 6 (or 9?) got it right down, Pat.

And like the shy guy on top, I used to be awfully shy and I used to say the stupidest, absolutely the stupidest things to girls I liked, in the times when there was some reason for me to chase girls.

I still say incredibly stupid thing, as you can see in this post of mine, but I am no longer shy about it.
 lowmiles2
Msg: 17
Posted: 1/21/2013 11:15:08 AM
Chances are that person lives many miles away and a chance to meet isn't realistic so why bother to write to that person.
 Quasimodo11543
Msg: 18
Posted: 1/21/2013 1:13:56 PM
I usually add someone to favorites if I have been writing to them or, I intend on writing them but do not have the time to currently do so. Give me a day or two, I'm a busy guy. If someone adds me to favorites and I am not interested, I remove them from favorites. I do the same thing if they do not write within a day or two. Btw, I am adding you to my favorites, I am also not going to write to you. Have a nice day.
Show ALL Forums  > Ask A Guy  > Why do guys add me as a FAVORITE & then never msg me?