Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Ask A Guy  > What does it mean if . . . [mixed signals?]      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 Fatuglybaldcreeper84
Msg: 2
What does it mean if . . . [mixed signals?]Page 1 of 1    
He just wants to take it nice and slow, like that usher song from the 1990's.
 LiliMarleen
Msg: 5
view profile
History
What does it mean if . . . [mixed signals?]
Posted: 1/22/2013 2:24:58 PM
What do you want, OP?

He keeps asking you out, which shows his interest, and he refrains from being overly romantic, which reflects his desire to take things slow.

Sounds as if you're the one with the mixed messages. You tell him you're old-fashioned, so he's respectful and focuses on just getting to know you, and now you're telling us you want him to do what, exactly?
 auntyemm
Msg: 7
Posted: 1/22/2013 2:47:34 PM
If you want to get to know him better then what is the problem,just do it.Why does dating have to be difficulte.
Posted: 1/22/2013 3:00:32 PM

You tell him you're old-fashioned, so he's respectful and focuses on just getting to know you, and now you're telling us you want him to do what, exactly?

ask permission from her father to pay court. it's the old-fashioned way.
 Stray__Cat
Msg: 9
Posted: 1/22/2013 3:27:50 PM
Not enuff info to know.
could be a lot of things.
From shyness, to lukewarm interest, to being intimidated.

3 dates usually means interested.
Kiss him on the 4th and get to the bottom of it.
Cus action sometimes is a higher wisdom
than merely pondering.
:-P
 apafely
Msg: 11
Posted: 1/22/2013 4:26:23 PM
YOU are giving us mixed signals, too. Are you asking what's wrong with this guy, is he gay or is he a necrophiliac?

If and only if that is your question, you came to the right place to ask. There is a simple proof, a sort of litmust test.

Hire a prostitute, and give her strict instructions to seduce the guy. Make sure she won't ask HIM for money, tell her you're footing the bill. Ask her to make it so that he understands that she wants sex with him, nothing serious, a one-night stand and then never see each other again.

Then get her report and publish it here also, for us to give you further insight into your hang-out date guy friend's inner psyche, why he has an Oedipus complex, and who his favourite dentist is.

----------

What I mean to say is 1. I don't understand what you want us to tell you that you don't know, 2. What that thing actually is that you are asking, and 3. why are you asking us, here, in this century.
 pescando75
Msg: 12
Posted: 1/22/2013 4:47:17 PM
What does, "both really old-fashioned" mean?

Your interest level toward him just changed yesterday. Something tells me you haven't been giving off much of a "vibe" to this guy if that is the case.

You call and ask him to do something, and I would suggest making sure at least a kiss happens at the end of the 4th date if you want to see this guy again. It's pretty hopeless if *some* spark doesn't happen by then.
 Eric_Summit
Msg: 13
Posted: 1/22/2013 5:51:59 PM
Gorgeouscomedy, if you are still "on the fence" about this guy you would be advised to initiate a telephone call to him, invite him out to dinner (on your dime), and put some thought into it. The reality is if decent guys don't ascertain that the interest is a two-way street, they will ultimately depart. Sounds like you need to buy some time...although you should probably have a sense of your feelings by now.
 Rambo1990
Msg: 15
view profile
History
Posted: 1/22/2013 6:46:27 PM
You could have a guy who reads body language and your body langauge isnt telling him youre wanting more or could be hes waiting for you to make the first move heck could be alot of things really. Best advice if you want it to go further then you should iniciate it if you think hes being slower than mollasses. If hes true old fashion then hes gonna wait till he thinks the vibes right and pull the trigger and that could be awhile depending on how long he "courts" women.
 CuteAsianCanadiansRock
Msg: 16
Posted: 1/22/2013 7:38:02 PM
Sounds like a good guy who is just taking his time. Good quality men who are looking for longterm not a casual short term relationship take their time because they are pickier. I think your follow up text was good to indicate your interest. Always let the man take the lead. You can always send another text saying that you look forward in getting to know him better to encourage him to pursue you further. As for the split pay on the third date, he probably does like you but might be one of those guys who doesn't mind treating a woman but stops after a few dates. For the most part, I have had men pay for all dates up to until we got exclusive without me asking. But I also know some of my guy friends who stop paying after a certain point because they feel like they don't want to be taken advantage of due to bad experience and that's not a bad thing nor does it mean they are not as interested in a woman.
 Sir_Johny
Msg: 17
Posted: 1/24/2013 8:30:38 AM
I see your a Christian, how strong are his convictions towards dating? That could be your answer. If he is guarded with his speech, and how he conducts himself towards you, he might have very strong convictions on how dating should look like. Example only in public places, no kissing, no holding hands and so on.
Show ALL Forums  > Ask A Guy  > What does it mean if . . . [mixed signals?]