Notice: Forums will be shutdown by June 2019

To focus on better serving our members, we've decided to shut down the POF forums.

While regular posting is now disabled, you can continue to view all threads until the end of June 2019. Event Hosts can still create and promote events while we work on a new and improved event creation service for you.

Thank you!

Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Relationships  > Evening news more interesting than POF      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 daneil912
Msg: 2
Evening news more interesting than POFPage 1 of 3    (1, 2, 3)
id love to know teh answers to all of your questions seems we are running to the same / same type of guys here lol
 Stray__Cat
Msg: 5
Evening news more interesting than POF
Posted: 1/22/2013 6:15:39 PM
Do you live in the sticks?
Maybe there are not alot of single guys where you live?

Also your profile is all about what you expect in a guy.
Or what kind of guy you expect to find....
but nothing about what you offer a guy.

We kindof overlook the "I expect this or that" profiles.
We read the "I will make you happy because____" profiles instead.
Cus we like happy.

Always having to make you smile and laugh is kindof one sided.
and reads like just another chore for us guys.
 daneil912
Msg: 6
Posted: 1/22/2013 6:16:13 PM
its not bitterness-- its bewilderment -- why people say 1 thing and do another
 Maleman999
Msg: 7
Posted: 1/22/2013 6:23:11 PM

Ok, lastly, why do you pursue women online but never want to meet in person?

Because guys don't get the opportunity unless the guy has male model looks and a perfectly sculptured body. Otherwise, initial messages from guys to women get no reply. A woman could be 400 pounds and have the face of ET, but she will still demand a perfect specimen of a man.
 WomanInProgress
Msg: 9
Posted: 1/22/2013 6:29:18 PM
Chin up, OP - you're not being contacted by the wrong men, at least, right? That's something to celebrate! In the meantime at least you don't have to worry about the whole awkward Valentine's Day thing.
 domainfullduplex100
Msg: 10
view profile
History
Posted: 1/22/2013 6:34:53 PM
what? you mean your inbox isn't full with messages from BBMs? lol that's big bellied men
forums are the best though for those not looking
 flaneur001
Msg: 11
view profile
History
Posted: 1/22/2013 6:38:14 PM
OP: I understand that it isn't easy to meet someone at mid-life. In my experience, it's not that there aren't worthwhile men, there are. Most of the men I've met on-line were charming, interesting and good hearted. The issue really was about 'fit', shared values/lifestyle and that elusive je ne sais quoi.

There are millions of men out there... all kinds. The trick I think is to be discerning and gracious... and when you've made the effort it will happen.... I call it the hard working miracle!
 domainfullduplex100
Msg: 12
view profile
History
Posted: 1/22/2013 6:46:41 PM
actually people are behaving as they would in a scenario with multiple choices.

1. they don't go on dates at all because there is always POF
2. they go on dates, but are reluctant to commit
3. they get multiple messages from suitors...and play around figuring who is worth their while.
4. get desperate for sex and reach out to women/men they think they can lay
5. then back to 1-4
 U make it entertaining
Msg: 13
Posted: 1/22/2013 7:29:00 PM
You are aware that this is a free website.
And free doesn't attract the best of the men.
Free attracts .... well... degenerates.

So choose carefully.
Because not everyone is who they say they are.

As for the dead fish.
I hear you on that one.
 malinhead
Msg: 14
view profile
History
Posted: 1/22/2013 7:29:47 PM
Don't give up the ship.Just when you don't expect it love will come knocking on your door!!
 malinhead
Msg: 15
view profile
History
Posted: 1/22/2013 7:30:12 PM
Don't give up the ship.Just when you don't expect it love will come knocking on your door!!
 Dili_gent
Msg: 16
view profile
History
Posted: 1/22/2013 7:38:44 PM

Honey Boo Boo is more interesting in this thread. The topic has been beat to death.

Bad attitude begets bad attitude.

Smiles are superficial and do not have a direct correlation with positive attitude. ( ex. Kevin Bacon's character in the movie Animal House; "ALL IS WELLLL!!!! ALL IS WELLLL!!!")

People who are either positive or negative all the time have issues.
 Eric_Summit
Msg: 17
Posted: 1/22/2013 8:16:59 PM
DORA1966, you seem like a sufficiently engaging, attractive, and witty woman.
Sorry that luck has not yet found its way into your romantic life.
Keep sending introductory messages to gentlemen viewed here who interest you.
 LAgoodguy
Msg: 18
Posted: 1/22/2013 8:26:11 PM
Hey the reason for all the fish in the pics is to show that they guy can feed the cats that women keep posting pics off on the profiles.. So you they know he can take care of the woman and her cats..
Well it might be the reason...
 southernleaderman
Msg: 19
Posted: 1/22/2013 8:31:52 PM
These are all great questions and one's that apply to women on this site as well. I am amazed at the expressions and poses that people put on here and what's more amazing is that they seem to think they look attractive when they do it. I also don't get the emailing back and forth and never meeting which is why I try to move directly from the 1st email to a phone call. If that call doesn't happen, well so be it but it saves me from being emotionally tied up with someone I'll never meet.
 Eric_Summit
Msg: 20
Posted: 1/22/2013 8:33:42 PM

Posted by LAgoodguy:
"...the reason for all the fish pics is to show the guy can feed the cats women keep posting pics of on the profiles..."

Jeezus Christmas you're not kidding!
If I see one more woman with her cat featured in EVERY pic it will make me scream. LOL.
 daneil912
Msg: 21
Posted: 1/22/2013 8:35:07 PM
i agree southern leader man

the endless emails almost always = never going to meet

so i have started asking for a first meet with in the first 2 days of chatting online
 supplygoodguy
Msg: 22
Posted: 1/22/2013 8:41:04 PM
when you say something honest here men think you are bitter.. it is their cyber way of conditioning women to their bs.. if they actually paid attention to some of the things that a female states for her to become interested.. it would work in their favor but alas.. most men want to date but nothing serious.. which translates to .. I like using alottah vagina.. can I use yours to..>>> ah the reality of reality..

yeah this is a free date site and I get a kick out of women stating that it only offers duds .. nah duds can be paying men and playing men in either direction.. Col Williams who was a convicted serial killer in my area contacted several woman from a paid date site.. because he could afford to prey and pay.. geesh.. the best piece of advice I can give is to be okay with the fact that you must scrutinize any and all potential partners.. interrogate.. ask alot of questions and pay attention to read between the lines.. the profiles here tell a gal alot about a guy and his efforts to meet a decent gal.. most are scant and boring and show no effort in terms of pics or negligence in terms of what they actually want to project.. so it is a good way to see how truly enthusiastic a man is in desiring a partner..

The best way to meet a guy is in the real world make sure you explore efforts to meet real people in your everyday activities .. get socializing and networking .. singles dances.. golf courses .. bingo.. whatever you enjoy in the real world to meet people of potentiality .

I believe that a scant profile is a gift to the onlooker .. it tells you that he is not for you.. or worthy of your attention.. just one more way to see what is as transparent as a lousey profile..
 TuMuchFun
Msg: 23
view profile
History
Posted: 1/22/2013 8:56:09 PM
It's simple Dora, you cut off all the really good guys with your 50 age limit restriction :)
 ShelbySask4friend1
Msg: 24
Posted: 1/22/2013 10:53:32 PM
I am sure the issues that plague you and many others in our society, with this problem boils down to two words : Patience & Effort...

why do put pics on here displaying the many fish you catch?

Probably because they enjoy fishing, how else are they going to catch a fish and display it, unless they go to the market buy one, and take a photo of it pretending they caught it ...

Are you taking this website literally?

How else would you take it...

Do you think the typical woman cares?

I think the typical woman cares...

Why in the world, especially in these days, do you think a woman wants to be with a man who's scowling in a pic to meet his future mate?

Putting a smile on your face, especially because your doing it specifically for a photo, does not mean you are a happy person, or happy at that time,lol...

Life is not always funny, and some people like people who can come across serious...We love to over use humour now a days, to mask other emotions...

why do you pursue women online but never want to meet in person?

Think that statement is exaggerated...
 Zuglo65
Msg: 25
view profile
History
Posted: 1/23/2013 7:49:10 AM

OP, this is the SAME complaints a lot of men here have too .... "Not getting an responses" .. "the ones who email them are only fat ones" .... "the women here only want to chat online and never serious about meeting" ... "what is up with all the duck-face pictures" .... etc etc ...

Yeah. I was going to say the same thing.
No fish being displayed , and I am smiling, and prefer to meet ASAP.
 nubeginnings64
Msg: 26
Posted: 1/23/2013 8:44:14 AM
Your getting nowhere because your overly cynical & that's the answer to the rest of your questions. Men sense more than women care to admit. If the inner package matched the outer package then you wouldn't have such problems. Looks get you in the door but personality keeps you there & we can smell when women have a sh*tty disposition
 domainfullduplex100
Msg: 27
view profile
History
Posted: 1/23/2013 11:20:33 AM
Msg 34.. i have wondered too with some women. Why the hell are they on a website looking for dates. Consensually gorgeous, successful, yet they are here time after time. Beats me. Something wrong with the men?
 ohenryx
Msg: 28
view profile
History
Posted: 1/23/2013 12:18:43 PM

I'm 46, decent looking, don't put out on first date, and am getting nowhere.

There is your problem. Change your intent to "Intimate Encounter", start putting out on the first date / initial meeting (as 1/3 of all women do anyway), and your dance card will be full.
 daynadaze
Msg: 29
view profile
History
Posted: 1/23/2013 12:29:00 PM
I'm guessing because they are being honest. If a man likes to fish, shouldn't I know that right away? What's wrong with men portraying themselves as they are? If they don't smile much, then don't show a smiling picture. If they are going to be camped out hunting & fishing and dressed in fatigues, then show me that in their profile. I think people should present themselves just as they are, and if that weeds out people, good, that's part of a profile's job. I have no idea what the evening news has to do in comparison with POF.

I know why some pursue women online but don't want to meet-- some just like to talk to women online, some want cyber sex and some are just bored while their wife/girlfriend are doing something besides making them a sandwich.
Show ALL Forums  > Relationships  > Evening news more interesting than POF