Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Relationships  > Caught in the middle of something      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 motown_cowgirl
Msg: 2
Caught in the middle of somethingPage 1 of 1    
this sounds like a high school-level love triangle. let your illustrious friend "mark" work out his own interpersonal problems. you can't save him from his own lousy decisions.

the only two people i see thinking things through more like an adult are [1] you for not betraying something that was told to you in confidence (so don't blow it); and [2] "john" for not betraying his girlfriend back home when he could have easily taken advantage of the situation without anyone finding out.
Caught in the middle of something
Posted: 1/23/2013 3:05:28 AM
You don't have to be in the middle of anything and should butt out.
 Pinky127
Msg: 4
Posted: 1/23/2013 3:20:08 AM

^^^ Ditto.
Plus i thought this was written by a GIRL?
 ShelbySask4friend1
Msg: 5
Posted: 1/23/2013 3:28:26 AM
Are you trying to get idea's and material, for a upcoming creative writing assignment,lol...

I don't have the attention span to follow the original post

lol, I barley did either, and I feel I have a reasonable one...

You are going to get heat from one, or both of your friends either way, if you tell one or keep silent, I am sure one will find out...

Better idea, try and support dating outside the small class,lol, talk about awkward when things do not work out...
 tampasmiles
Msg: 6
Posted: 1/23/2013 4:21:57 AM
wow..I thought this was written by a female as well...and why does this matter to you..shouldn't you be worried about your own love life...
 sN0Flakes
Msg: 7
Posted: 1/23/2013 4:37:48 AM

Plus i thought this was written by a JUNIOR HIGH GIRL?

Forgive the edit for effect.

You couldn't stay far enough away from this. You say it's a small group. Every group has a pot stirrer, a drama queen and an under the bus thrower. Seeking the Trifecta?

Get yourself a girlfriend......but stay away from Peter, Paul and Mary (or whatever their names really are). Four is a crowd.
 Aww-Ree
Msg: 8
Posted: 1/23/2013 4:45:12 AM
Rarely if ever are whistleblowers embraced. Stay out of that which concerns you not...and you'll find you are no longer caught in the middle of anything, lol. Problem solved. Next!
 windchymes
Msg: 9
view profile
History
Posted: 1/23/2013 5:48:40 AM
Good lord, I also thought it was written by a girl. For heaven's sake, butt the heck out of those guys' lives and let them live their own lives. And you go start living yours and stop worrying about what everybody else is doing. None of it is any of your business, and I have to wonder, have they ASKED for your help???

Seriously, go find something else to do and let them live their lives. Go save whales or something, stop trying to save people from themselves. They'll learn the hard way, and that's usually the best way.
 SunshineAngel99
Msg: 10
view profile
History
Posted: 1/23/2013 5:52:51 AM
Woah...Mark is actually trying to date women and you are discouraging him? What kind of friend are you? It is better to try and fail, then to never try.

As for John he handled it exceptionally well without you there.

In summary it is clear they don't need your help and you are not caught in the middle of anything unless you are bored and looking for drama lol.
 carolann0308
Msg: 11
view profile
History
Posted: 1/23/2013 5:53:25 AM
After reading this post and before I read your profile, I figured you were some really unattractive girl that both these idiots confide in, but would never date in a million years. The typical friend zoned sad girl.

But your a dude! That is too creepy, stay out of it. Why do you care if these two shag the same women?
 domainfullduplex100
Msg: 12
view profile
History
Posted: 1/23/2013 6:03:06 AM
Humdum, very well written. Wish we could all on POF follow your style. Makes something uninteresting, rather interesting :) meaning, let the chips fall where they may. You already warned him.He sounds like a creature of habit. He needs to learn....by himself
 Deadliest_Snatch
Msg: 13
Posted: 1/23/2013 6:12:22 AM
humdrum15?
26 year old man?!?!?
Are you giving Mark and John blowjobs?
You sound a little too invested in this situation for a casual friend.
Buy some chapstick and butt out.
 privat33r
Msg: 14
view profile
History
Posted: 1/23/2013 11:26:03 AM
I'm posting under the misshapen hope that cryptic dyslexic material will mutate out of the keyboard, simply due to the flu. Mighta waited too long. The magic floated away.

Still I too have occasionally felt the need to interfere in the relationships of others, particularly when buds are dating, or whatevering, with humungamoid slime creatures sporting personalities they've captured from nematodes. Yeah wanna help.. there's a problem with that. Even close friends do not inform us of their secret desires, they do not know themselves and what makes it work for them might be something initially odd; it might stay odd through reflection and even decades of review.

Course, if you're tempted to mess about confessing secrets for Mark, John and the assorted ner-do-well chickolaeteras, maybe pause-- cause I've had folk attempt to help babes I know; they figgered out I was bad for them,........... or the girl was bad for me-- and we just were not suited. One was "the helper",. who invested a bunch of time trying to convince my girl that her activities in my life were depressing me. The plan was that she'd leave me and go off with him. She didn't explain this - this caused a hickup of strangeness in our group and I was enveloped with info, had no choice but to piece together what was up. See, she was an incredible hottie so there was a flurry of news around no matter whether you accepted it or not. One of my great regrets in this world is that I didn't create an opportunity to explain to "the helper" why his machinations were inappropriate.

If you can't stop yourself from confessing rudimentary and phenomenally banal fragments of information there is a trick. Grab a length of tubing, and shove it into the toilet flusher spinner/extra spout,.. just leave it dangling. Late at night the temptation to play with it will be inexortable and all this info spouting nonsense will vanish. Its the same with temptations to pee in a sandbox when we were tykes. Everyone wants it- have to push against the obvious logic of going for it.
 gtomustang
Msg: 15
Posted: 1/23/2013 11:35:39 AM
Mark's unreasonable..for a reason. It helps him get something he desperately needs in life in order to feel good about himself, and a woman ain't it. Only Mark will ever change that, once Mark realizes it isn't giving him what he needs. but, of course, that won't happen--he feels better about himself putting everyone else into a box, and can do that forever. getting hot chicks (who he thinks are easy b/c they don't act in a logical (to him)dating pattern) would also help his ego, but not getting them allows him to put them in a box, too. he "wins" both ways, in his mind, while he's losing in reality.

John's got a better moral compass, what does he need Mark's hangup in his life for?It won't change what he's already (not) doing with the gal.

its a grad program, not a job. you won't be around these people forever. keep your mouth shut, and chances are nothing will happen. if it all comes to light, you may still never get mentioned. even if you get mentioned...again, you won't be around these people forever. Mark will think whatever makes Mark feel better about himself. if you try to change yourself to fit his image...how does that help you in any way?

rise above it all...that'll give you a great reputation.
 HelenBackAgain
Msg: 16
Posted: 1/23/2013 11:37:12 AM
Stay out of it.

Since messages that short cannot be posted, I'll add: Stay out of it.
 daynadaze
Msg: 17
view profile
History
Posted: 1/23/2013 12:42:17 PM
I would find better friends, but you seem to love all this teenage drama, so, tell them both the truth and watch the fur fly.
 Lucky...13
Msg: 18
Posted: 1/23/2013 12:50:18 PM
Thought this was about George Costanza and a Glamour mag
 annywn
Msg: 19
Posted: 1/23/2013 2:02:10 PM
op,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,what is your stuped question?Is Mark your real or imaginary friend?hmmmmmm so you want to swoop in ask if this right time,Never cease an oppurtnity to step and up and be counted. Suffering in silience will get onku further on, go for buccar0o..........................
 TerrieLynnC
Msg: 20
Posted: 1/23/2013 2:39:07 PM

^^^^^^^Hit the nail on the head there......OP it's NONE OF YOUR BUSINESS stay out of it........
Show ALL Forums  > Relationships  > Caught in the middle of something