Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > UK forums  > rights to warn      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 gemini_lady_uk
Msg: 7
view profile
History
rights to warnPage 1 of 2    (1, 2)
Problem with being able to give out warnings is that some men and women would abuse the ability and make up false accusations.

My ages ago ex is on the site, looking for dating and stating he is divorced. Technically that isn't a lie, I know he was divorced from his first wife, but he is most certainly still married to his second wife (only a year ago as well). I warned friends in the area he claims to live (it's actually where he stays during the week for work).

Not much else you can do apart from hoping other women don't get too badly burned. Just ignore it, it's not your problem and be thankful you are shot of him.
 Pete2205
Msg: 10
view profile
History
rights to warn
Posted: 1/23/2013 10:38:44 AM
"I wouldn't name and shame him I am sure he will be found out with his antics . I was talking to a chap on here who wanted me to warn any other guys I was in contact with about a woman in Newport .He e mailed me and said she had stole £40 out of his wallet and at first I believed him .Although I sympathised at the time , I said to report it to admin and the police.
I went on a date with him but he wasn't my cup of tea but wouldn't take no for an answer became quite a pest. It did cross my mind was he turned down by the other woman and then started these rumours , especially as he never reported it ."
-------------------------------------
That is such a good point. You only have to look on other social media sites and see the amount of lies and mudslinging that goes on. You cant have that going on here, if you did the forums would be littered with it.

I bet there are more than one or two here that have been dumped by partners or spouses because of THEIR infidelity or THEIR alcohol or substance abuse. Just perhaps they have changed their behaviour, gone through detox or rehab. Perhaps they are still the same but just maybe they see this as a chance to start again with a clean slate - You have to take people at face value and use your common sense. People cannot hide their true personality forever behind a profile and the truth always comes out.

There are some very malicious people about and while we should be wary about people we meet online we should not pay too much attention to poisenous tittle tattle
 Pete2205
Msg: 12
view profile
History
rights to warn
Posted: 1/23/2013 11:21:26 AM
Im not denying your experience dynamite and perhaps hes a total ***hole but he will get found out.

If CRB checking was a process that could be carried out as part of the sign up on sites such as this then it would remove sexual offenders and the convicted of crimes against people - That isnt possible and even if it was then it does not prevent you meeting drunks, serial cheats, married men etc etc.

I cant imadgine how you must feel and my heart goes out to you, he does sound like a vile man but really you know yourself that the idea of some forum where people could warn others of such people just wont work. There will be totally innocent people trashed in the most vile manner just because they had the nerve either not to show up for a date, decide to end a relationship - It might possibly be simply because they choose not to reply to someone who sent them several emails.

In the meantime I would suggest you contact admin and tell them about the fact he says you wrote his profile - I am sure that can be dealt with. Also change your telephone number - You may feel you shouldnt have to but it would seem a sane solution - Then you wont get those calls.
 gemini_lady_uk
Msg: 14
view profile
History
rights to warn
Posted: 1/23/2013 1:12:16 PM
A lot of newer phones have a feature where you can block a number - might be worth looking into that
 privat33r
Msg: 23
view profile
History
rights to warn
Posted: 1/24/2013 3:44:04 PM
Well quite frankly picking up your fiancée phone and finding lots of pics to and from and lots numbers what second side is there to see and when some woman calls and asks why I won't let my daughter see her dad on Father's Day when he is stood right next to me chefing in mine and my then new partners bar ! Or when a woman calls to ask if I know where Marc is as he not at work!,,,, what second side is there to see xxx cheaters never prosper and never will end up dying sad and lonely

Cheaters do prosper, they die surrounded by friends. Lots of the bitter twisted ones end up alright to. All in all its a bit of a mix-up. What happens in youth, particularly insofar as relationship goes does not seem to affect lifestyle quite so much in old age.

Of course it can make a big difference with the kids if they're impounded away from pah.

Is this what its like in Britain? I'm taken aback by all the bad energy. Sabotaging the situations of ex's in every venue about, messing with kids opportunities as a form of vengeance against ex's. It so thick. How can you guys swim when things are that mucky?

"auto traders - I'd like to remove user fillmetrunks. He's been buying and selling cars on this site for a long while. This buying, selling, switching vehicles has to be stopped- at least for fillmetrunks. Its got me so angry I've stopped changing the oil on my 3 small cars."
 GeordieColin
Msg: 24
view profile
History
rights to warn
Posted: 1/25/2013 3:38:33 AM
Quite often there is your reality,their reality and the truth is somewhere in the middle. But I do think that sometimes one is telling it how it is.
The main thing is to learn from it and move on instead of allowing whatever has happened to eat you up.
Leave him and those he gets involved with to make their own mistakes. You only have a responsibility to yourself and those you hold close.
Show ALL Forums  > UK forums  > rights to warn