Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Sex and Dating  > Do you find virginity attractive or annoying?      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 KickboxingChic08
Msg: 1
Do you find virginity attractive or annoying?Page 1 of 2    (1, 2)
Seriously. Tell me. Is it attractive for guys to date a woman who has never had sex, or do you feel awkward?

I'm asking because I have one girl saying one way, and another saying it's the opposite. So! Is it good to wait or better to have the experience? BASED ON THE GUY!!
 U make it entertaining
Msg: 2
Do you find virginity attractive or annoying?
Posted: 1/23/2013 6:59:03 PM
Why the hell do you care what the guy thinks???
Having sex is up to you, and no one else.

As for your two friends and their replies, I bet they are your age, and one has had sex and the other hasn't.
 KickboxingChic08
Msg: 3
Posted: 1/23/2013 7:00:54 PM
Nope. I want to know what the guy feels. I'm not going to have sex just because of what they think, I'm not a fool. And the two girls are a coworker and a family member, both married with children. Hence, the question.
 stanley99
Msg: 4
Posted: 1/23/2013 7:10:10 PM
thay are very attractive
 ShelbySask4friend1
Msg: 5
Posted: 1/23/2013 7:37:57 PM
The appeal is sexually that the woman has not been with another guy, and you are hopefully the first...
If you had to date a virgin , and she stayed a virgin,lol, I do not think to many men would find that appealing...
I did date a virgin about 5 years ago, and I did not find it awkward...
 phil2847
Msg: 6
Posted: 1/23/2013 7:52:49 PM
Dating for fun = NO
Dating looking for marriage = YES
 Fatuglybaldcreeper84
Msg: 7
Posted: 1/23/2013 7:55:44 PM
I wouldn't date a virgin. I have a strict moral compass when it comes to virgins and single mothers. I don't want to hurt them.
 logicalman1111
Msg: 8
Posted: 1/23/2013 8:01:32 PM
It annoyed me to be stuck on one girl and voluntarily give up dates from equally attractive girls because I was trying to be a gentleman only to find out later that she would sleep with other guys. This happened to me at least three times where attractive women approached me and I said no I'm with her. I should have said I'm with it, let me tell her I have to go. Otherwise I like being around any women virgin or not and don't really think that much about sex, I have made some really good friends and had some fun conversations with girls that I find attractive.
 privat33r
Msg: 9
view profile
History
Posted: 1/23/2013 8:06:25 PM
I'm not sure I've ever considered this a positive or a negative. I suppose some guys assume it means a bit of freshness, inexperience and raw animalistic wild to tap. Where I come from few women seem to get past 14 or so --- and I've no idea about those that did skirt by.

From my own perspective I'd not imagine the lass would be much different. Girls that have something more of a background sometimes construct a sequence of activities that they've peiced together as the "go to list" for guys to follow, and that might help them with some simple Objectives. But even then you'll be around someone who's definite "this will never work that way- never has- ever" and things do..

Pairs have to find out what works between them. Guys teaching, or girls teaching- I don't think that's a working method. The pair develops -- something together.
 Paddy_o_Lantern
Msg: 10
Posted: 1/23/2013 8:44:04 PM
For a woman of 22 I say it could be an attractive thing depending on a man's perspective. If she was my age it would not be attactive or annoying but it would make me wonder whether she has been in a convent most of her life.

I personally prefer to be with a woman who knows her own body, knows what she likes and is able to communicate that.
 MutedEnthusiasm
Msg: 11
Posted: 1/23/2013 8:49:42 PM
Your girlfriends are probably both right. You’ll find guys your age that agree with either or both of them.
Some will place a lot of value on your virginity for symbolic (trophy pvssy) or ‘moral’ reasons, wanting to be your first, or feeling reassured that you have no sti’s or knowing you won’t be able to compare their sexual performance to anyone else.
Others prefer a woman with some experience, one who has already explored her sexuality somewhat or has gotten past the virginity barrier – in other words, a girl who wants a sexual partner in her current life and views sex as a healthy and desirable thing now.
And you might find guys with a mix of both or guys who are happy to accept you as you are because they like you, regardless of sexual status or experience.
In any case, I think there’s still enormous pressure on women to conform to sexual standards, but exactly what those standards are has shifted and splintered and become blurred and confusing. Hence your two girlfriends saying opposite things.
Spend a little time with lacigreen on utube. She’s got it, specially her 'JENNAMARBLES' "SLUT EDITION". Pure gold.
 Space_Weaver
Msg: 12
Posted: 1/23/2013 8:59:00 PM
Personally, I wouldn't consider being a virgin as being attractive, nor would I consider it a problem. Sex is one part of many, many facets that make up a person. I would say do not worry about being a virgin and don't feel cornered to keep up with rash societal standards. I would say make your sexual encounters special to you and not just meaningless pleasure.
 CaptainTeebs
Msg: 13
Posted: 1/23/2013 10:31:15 PM
If you are a virgin, but the guy knows he will de-virginize you, and continue to learn with you what/how is pleasureable for both of you, so that you become experienced lovers...then that guy should realize he is lucky.
Your job is to reward some young guy who understands this and is patient with you, as opposed to the guy who just notches you 'cause you think he's hot.
Annoying, final answer.
 Space_Weaver
Msg: 14
Posted: 1/23/2013 11:30:48 PM
Just an observation from many virginity post in that there is somewhat of a double standard between virgin women and virgin men. For women, in most posts that I read, the viewers are somewhat sympathetic and most just chalk their virginity up as a healthy choice. For men, it is a plethera of things ranging from inexperience, so I don't want to teach; they may be closet homosexuals; to having psychological problems. Why is there a double standard?
 Paddy_o_Lantern
Msg: 15
Posted: 1/23/2013 11:49:10 PM
Why is there a double standard

The same reason all the other double standards exist because men and women are not the same .

It is not uncommon to hear the viewpoint that: women tend to make the rules when it comes to dating, tend to think they are always right, and figure if something goes wrong it's usually the guys fault so why would double standards not exist.
 dwayne88
Msg: 16
view profile
History
Posted: 1/24/2013 3:30:21 AM
I would have no problem with a woman being a virgin. as long as it wasn't for religious reasons, since that's not my thing.

Tho i'm a virgin to, but that really isn't why. I'm just not gonna judge somebody for it.
 Secondhand_Lion
Msg: 17
view profile
History
Posted: 1/24/2013 3:48:14 AM
When I was your age, it only bothered me if they came to me a virgin, and left in the same condition.LOL
 DameWrite
Msg: 18
view profile
History
Posted: 1/24/2013 4:17:11 AM
More attractive than annoying, but at my age, virgins few and far between.

Sweet and special and something to be sensitive and patient with, is how I'd find them but since I don't have a whole lot of patience these days, I'd probably leave them to someone more deserving.

Good men will treat you right and respect the pace you set no matter how frustrating.

Awkwardness is expected.
 theHealthyPenguin
Msg: 19
Posted: 1/24/2013 4:59:19 AM
Personally I think virginity is something that has to be given up as a very special gift to a very special person. Being virgin is something to be proud of not ashamed.
A grown man who know better now.
 theHealthyPenguin
Msg: 20
Posted: 1/24/2013 5:08:42 AM
If a guy isn't willing to wait he isn't worth of your time and attention. Sex is a minor part of a relationship, as we get older we learn that there are multiple parts to the equation of a great relationship. You'll see one day.
 dwayne88
Msg: 21
view profile
History
Posted: 1/24/2013 5:56:27 AM

Personally I think virginity is something that has to be given up as a very special gift to a very special person. Being virgin is something to be proud of not ashamed.

I wouldn't call virginity special. Virginity is simply the status of not having sex.

It isn't some gift.

Infact, the person taking someones virginity is the one giving the gift of taking it away from them. LOOL
 TedJMill
Msg: 22
view profile
History
Posted: 1/24/2013 6:51:45 AM
As I'm a virgin, her being a virgin as well might be an indication of compatibility.
 windchymes
Msg: 23
view profile
History
Posted: 1/24/2013 6:55:58 AM
At my age, I would find it an anomaly.
 ForRumOnly
Msg: 24
view profile
History
Posted: 1/24/2013 7:04:01 AM
I've had no interest in virgins since I was 16. That was a long long time ago.
 dwayne88
Msg: 25
view profile
History
Posted: 1/24/2013 12:00:41 PM

Do note that the OP is 22. I don't see men this age receiving too much negative feedback about being virgins...

That's probably because they're not gonna talk about it outside of the internet.

Otherwise, they might get looked at as a freak or something.

I've never told anyone about my virgnity in person ever.
Show ALL Forums  > Sex and Dating  > Do you find virginity attractive or annoying?