Notice: Forums will be shutdown by June 2019

To focus on better serving our members, we've decided to shut down the POF forums.

While regular posting is now disabled, you can continue to view all threads until the end of June 2019. Event Hosts can still create and promote events while we work on a new and improved event creation service for you.

Thank you!

Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Sex and Dating  > what do women think of a man who tries to get it on first date      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 japaul33
Msg: 1
what do women think of a man who tries to get it on first datePage 1 of 4    (1, 2, 3, 4)
Ok so im looking at ALOT of females profiles
here and their headline says if all you after is ass dont message me

what happened to dating and whatever happens happens

i mean some of us dudes do want girlfriends

the last 3 women i slept with i slept with on a first or second date

does it make me look like thats all i want even though one was my longterm gf
 Stubidooo
Msg: 2
what do women think of a man who tries to get it on first date
Posted: 1/25/2013 8:47:49 AM
Negativity in a profile is a HUGE turnoff. I don't know why women do it. I've found that women who are negative online are generally that way in person as well.

What they REALLY mean to say is "if you are looking for nothing more than a one night stand". If it feels right, most women will be all over you by the third date.
 japaul33
Msg: 3
Posted: 1/25/2013 8:58:26 AM
yeah man
i had a chick block me because i asked her what a serial dater is

her headline said no serial daters
and her page went on to list nothing but negative stuff
 Dolphinelover
Msg: 4
Posted: 1/25/2013 9:04:44 AM
lol I wouldn't pay attention to most of the profiles on here or what they say,a lot of them are full of it. You would be suprised at whats on them and what a lot of them will really do despite what they put down. I had a friend who met a woman on here,on her profile she stated if your looking for sex don't message me etc etc it went on and on. Anyway they eneded up meeting it turned out she was a total nymph/horny toad. You would be suprised at how many women on here have such profiles like your talking about that really just wants to get laid then forget about you lol. I don't buy into a majority of them.
 Tom0777
Msg: 5
Posted: 1/25/2013 9:07:39 AM
The message is fine. If all you want is ass..
The tone sounds disgruntled, bitter, but it's saying if it's for sex only don't try.

Men can give the impression that's all they want when they want it from the first date. If women want to protect themselves from abusive, manipulative men, it's their right.
 ineedfun2010
Msg: 6
Posted: 1/25/2013 9:33:39 AM
What I think is that the guy wants sex & sex only and there are times that is fine but I'm more looking for a steady guy to have a relationship/life with. If you push for sex, you are pushing yourself right out of my life.
After I am comfortable and we are exclusive we can have sex all the time.
 MsMicki
Msg: 7
view profile
History
Posted: 1/25/2013 9:39:10 AM
Do you have any clue as to how many messages we women folk get that say "I wanna rawk ur world"....or....."I got 9 inches just fer u".....or any other lovely "wanna hookup" type of message????

So....women feel forced to put that crap in their profile....
Funny thing is ......most horny toads don't bother reading the profile so we still get those messages!!

I don't see the point......and honestly believe most "players" see this as a challenge anyways!!
 japaul33
Msg: 8
Posted: 1/25/2013 9:40:32 AM
Haha lol

hilarious msmicki

dam really
is that their first message
lol
 minervyx
Msg: 9
Posted: 1/25/2013 9:46:19 AM
i think it depends. theres no timetable for sex, its whenever people are ready.

sometimes its months, sometimes its the same night they meet.

overall, i dont try for the first date.

first date is just a casual meetup, an intake.
 Fatuglybaldcreeper84
Msg: 10
Posted: 1/25/2013 10:06:53 AM
This is what a lot of women want in a man

1.Sex whenever the girl feels comfortable with it happening the first time, no matter how long that is, might be 3 months in her eyes
2. Paying for dates
3. Sex when they are only in the mood for it

You wonder why so many of these girls are getting cheated on. You give me sex once a week I'm going to tell you bye bye, I'm not going to cheat, I keeps it real!
 dcinsc13
Msg: 11
Posted: 1/25/2013 10:27:05 AM
well, you men sure have bad attitudes about women.
My profile is me, who I am, what I like and what I don't like or want.
I love sex, but I don't want to meet a man for sex. I know men I can have sex with now!
I am looking for a man who wants more than sex, like a real relationship!
It is sad we come to the internet to look for that, but there are honest people are on here.
You just have to weed out all the freaks, stalkers, liars and users.
Whew! That may take a long time, lol
As for fatuglybaldcreeper84, being cheated on was never one of my problems.
I know how to satisfy my man and keep him happy.
 Hearton64
Msg: 12
Posted: 1/25/2013 11:35:08 AM

Depends on the guy.
 Accabella
Msg: 13
Posted: 1/25/2013 12:17:20 PM

I'd think he's horny.

LongHairedLass
Msg: 14
Posted: 1/25/2013 12:57:33 PM
I had a guy ask me to spend the night at his house, for our first meet. I mean, really???
And, geez, I'm horny OK, but I'd have to meet you first! And I'd have to see if I like you!
Even so, not likely on the first meet.
 no_1_bby
Msg: 15
view profile
History
Posted: 1/25/2013 1:34:51 PM

dam really
is that their first message
lol

Yes.. sometimes. I've gotten "how big r ur tits" or "we should f*ck". Thing is, when you tell them no, they get all butt hurt and react like spoiled little children when you take away their toys.

I had a date with someone many years ago... we met for lunch at a place I was well known at (you know, safe environment, public place). Conversation was.. awkward. We walked out together and he tried to kiss me, which I dodged. Then he physically grabbed my coat and pulled me in to try a second time.

I don't have a problem with first date sex. It's not usually what I do or participate in, it has happened though. If the woman isn't giving you clear signals that she's interested, trying to get it on with her on the first date ISN'T a good idea. Seriously.

That guy I mentioned above? Never saw or spoke to him again.
 Hearton64
Msg: 16
Posted: 1/25/2013 1:45:03 PM
I had one ask if he could come on by for sex after I put my kids down to bed....he didn't even know my damn name.

Needless to say,no thank you.
 japaul33
Msg: 17
Posted: 1/25/2013 1:54:15 PM
dam thats funny haha
 KER6969
Msg: 18
Posted: 1/25/2013 2:00:07 PM
That he's nothing more than a player out for a piece of ass and there are some loose women who have no self respect who will accommodate him no doubt.

Personally I don't think very much of men who are just out for tail. Such a man has no respect for women whatsoever. I pass on this genre of men.

The fact that you banged 3 women on a 1st or 2nd date does make you look like all you want is sex.
 venusenvy777
Msg: 19
Posted: 1/25/2013 2:16:03 PM
Doesnt really matter to me what he tries on a first date. I dont have sex on a first date thats my line in the sand.
 434handyman
Msg: 20
Posted: 1/25/2013 2:39:30 PM
I think it goes to how long you've been chatting, has their been phone contact? Has their been any sexual discussions? We would all be lying if we stated that we haven't thought about how this person is in bed? I have had sex on the first date, but never pushed it nor did I go in expecting it. Sometimes it just feels right, and if the attraction and conversations have been there then there is a likelyhood that it may happen. However I have turned it down on the first date, not because of not being attracted but sitting there across the table realizing that this may be a test and if you say yes you'll never see her again. Most women will tell you they want sex or expect it. They will dress in a low cut top to show their assets, unbutton a few buttons, lick their lips seductively while eating desert, etc. If you do not get any signs or have not had personal conversations regarding sex please do the male race a favor and quit acting like a horn dog. Your making us all look bad.
 domainfullduplex100
Msg: 21
view profile
History
Posted: 1/25/2013 3:27:52 PM
as a mature man, absolutely no sex on first dates.. come on...sure it may be tempting especially if the date is giving out vibes..but such an event will likely mean the there won't be a relationship..instant self gratification..kids play
 Hearton64
Msg: 22
Posted: 1/25/2013 3:49:59 PM
That he's nothing more than a player out for a piece of ass and there are some loose women who have no self respect who will accommodate him no doubt.

****Raises hand....I will if he's hot enough,and I'm horny enough, and means what he says about wanting a LTR.
But like I said,it depends on the man and the situation.

Him wanting sex,doesn't mean he doesn't respect me nor that I lack self respect or boundaries if I accomodate him and enjoy sex with him myself.Men want sex,but women are held to a higher standard and attached comes with all sorts of moral judgements about women who "accomodate" as though they are low lifes for wanting sex as much as a man does.I find it all so ridiculous.
If he is upfront about being attracted to me and me to him,doesn't judge me for giving into passion and actually wants more than a ONS,why the hell not?

as a mature man, absolutely no sex on first dates.. come on...sure it may be tempting especially if the date is giving out vibes..but such an event will likely mean the there won't be a relationship..instant self gratification..kids play

As a mature woman,why play games with men? Why assume it's just sex they want unless that's all you think you think you are good for? Why barter p*ssy for a relationship?And why jump to conclusions about what it will mean?

Why not just enjoy the moment and see where it goes without others judging as though having sex with someone is
beneath them unless the situation is beyond ideal?

Because in order to make ourselves feel superior,we have to make others look inferior.

ps....The man I have been living with for the past 4 years was not the instigator of sex on the first date...I was and I blew him hard because I wanted to.

He stayed BECAUSE I was so cool sexually speaking,but he didn't even try to get laid.
Didn't expect it at all.But I wanted him and I always get what I want. :)
 domainfullduplex100
Msg: 23
view profile
History
Posted: 1/25/2013 4:34:28 PM

As a mature woman,why play games with men? Why assume it's just sex they want unless that's all you think you think you are good for? Why barter p*ssy for a relationship?And why jump to conclusions about what it will mean?

Why not just enjoy the moment and see where it goes without others judging as though having sex with someone is
beneath them unless the situation is beyond ideal?

Because in order to make ourselves feel superior,we have to make others look inferior.

ps....The man I have been living with for the past 4 years was not the instigator of sex on the first date...I was and I blew him hard because I wanted to.

He stayed BECAUSE I was so cool sexually speaking,but he didn't even try to get laid.
Didn't expect it at all.But I wanted him and I always get what I want. :)

LOL..good one.. You know this is why I am getting so addicted to the forums. Frankly, i need to get a life lol.
For now, this is fine.

I am glad it worked out for you :) and thanks for the visuals lol
 434handyman
Msg: 24
Posted: 1/25/2013 5:24:08 PM
That is so crude and an embarrassment to the real gentlemen out here, and on our behalf, I would like to apologize for that brain dead idiot and those like him. lol Seriously
 SC67
Msg: 25
Posted: 1/25/2013 6:15:47 PM
Well, I'm not going to say it's never happened, but it's probably not what the guy thought. I think...here's a guy who prefers McDonald's to The Palm. He's not super interesting & not long term potential. I'm sure there are exceptions to the rule. I have just not met them yet.
Show ALL Forums  > Sex and Dating  > what do women think of a man who tries to get it on first date