Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Art/Music  > Photographer chat      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 Aristotle_Amadopolis
Msg: 4
Photographer chatPage 1 of 1    

There is only one real reason to buy a UV filter: if you're trudging through the woods to shoot landscapes, it will save that front element on your expensive lens. But you have a lens cap and lens hood, right?

I use a clear filters for one reason.

It is cheaper to replace a filter than it is a lens and I have a chipped 77mm from my sigma 70-200 2.8 that proves my theory quite well.
 Aristotle_Amadopolis
Msg: 6
Photographer chat
Posted: 1/25/2013 12:53:01 PM

Certainly. But that's what I was saying earlier. That's what lens caps and hoods are for. I supposed it depends upon the seriousness of the shot.

It also depends on what someone is shooting, for me:

When I am shooting landscapes with a bright sky I will use combinations of my ND filters.

When I am shooting "Street" I would rather have my camera ready to go at a moments notice, so no cap and just a protection filter.
 forum_moderator
Msg: 8
view profile
History
Photographer chat
Posted: 1/25/2013 9:16:57 PM

No off site information, no personal information - read the posted rules. Personal info and off site info removed.

the other
Any site related question not answered via the HELP link, then email href="mailto:csr@pof.com">CSR@POF here || Site Rules Here || Posting Clarifications Here ||
Show ALL Forums  > Art/Music  > Photographer chat