Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Off Topic  > Shoe lifts for men, good or bad      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 NotHard
Msg: 1
view profile
History
Shoe lifts for men, good or badPage 1 of 3    (1, 2, 3)
As one of the biggest attractive trait for a man is height. Whilst I don't consider my self too short ( for an Indian), i would like to get a bit of help in the vertical challenge department.

Tom cruise wears them, even John Wayne who was over 6ft without any aids, wore 2 inch lifts.

A couple of inches is always good for the ladies ;-).

The ladies were falsies, so for confidence I will get them.
Will I look a clown, or will they add to stature.

What do people think of them on here, a wise move?
 HelenBackAgain
Msg: 2
Shoe lifts for men, good or bad
Posted: 1/26/2013 4:57:10 PM
I think they make the shoes and feet look weird. Maybe try boots instead? Good boots work with almost all kinds of clothing, and they'll add a couple of inches, too.
 venusenvy777
Msg: 3
Posted: 1/26/2013 4:59:49 PM
I think if your comfortable with them, wear them. Its no diff than a woman wearing heels. Equality swings both ways
 heyyou678
Msg: 4
Posted: 1/26/2013 5:01:40 PM
You might want to change your profile name, too.

It might come across as a turnoff.
 Blah_User_Name
Msg: 5
Posted: 1/26/2013 5:03:03 PM

What do people think of them on here, a wise move?

Let's turn this question around so you can consider it from the other side.

Suppose you are out and see an attractive woman with perky, upright boobs, which point West. Now, that might not be important to you at all, or you might be attracted to her, because of her breasts.You start dating and thing get intimate, and she removed her bra, and her nipples are down by her ankles and you realized that the perky boobs were due to a very good push up bra.

Wise move, or not?
 NotHard
Msg: 6
view profile
History
Posted: 1/26/2013 5:15:14 PM
Currently my requirement for a women is that she is breathing, lol.

The fact she has lovely lady lumps, regardless where they point is a bonus.

Most ladies of my age breasts are heading south so I am good wit it.
 MetalVixxn
Msg: 7
view profile
History
Posted: 1/26/2013 5:15:18 PM
5'8" isn't really that short to need lifts. I would take the other poster's advice and get some boots if you're looking for an extra inch or two...
 rockstar_nj1182
Msg: 8
Posted: 1/26/2013 5:18:12 PM
Well, maybe if so many women didn't demand that guys be taller than them in heels, then guys wouldn't have to wear those shoes to keep up and stay taller with women who secretly want to be amazons.
 pescando75
Msg: 9
Posted: 1/26/2013 5:20:59 PM
What if your date challenges you to an impromptu foot race? You'll have to come clean.
What about sandal season? "Oh....I tend to shrink in the summer...uhh....yeah...."
Would they only be worn for "special" occasions, or will you need to keep up some sort of facade long tern?
 NotHard
Msg: 10
view profile
History
Posted: 1/26/2013 5:21:40 PM
5 ft 8 after I put on my high heels ;-)
 Blah_User_Name
Msg: 11
Posted: 1/26/2013 5:38:46 PM
I just think you have to be yourself.

If you are looking for something long term, then you have to present the person you really are. If height matters to the person you are hoping to date, what's the point of pretending you are any taller than you really are? Sooner or later the truth will come out. For those height matters to, they will feel duped and likely question if you have mis-represented yourself in other ways. For those height doesn't matter to, they might wonder what else you are insecure about and they might think you a little foolish.

It's all so unnecessary. Some people will accept you for your height and some won't. Why bother trying to dupe those who won't because if it's that important to them, they'll walk away anyway. Let people make a fully informed decision for themselves in the way you would like to be given the same choice.

Just my opinion.
 NotHard
Msg: 12
view profile
History
Posted: 1/26/2013 5:48:37 PM
The thrill of the chase, I suppose I am like the lady with the falsies, caked in make up,contact lenses, hair weaves, extensions, wig, false eye, leg , gender realignment, lol.
One day they will find the real person inside.

Beauty is just to get you in there, personality comes after, lol.
 Drawesome32
Msg: 13
Posted: 1/26/2013 5:52:11 PM
OP: i think its a great idea man. in fact, i think you should change your height on your profile to reflect what it would be with your platforms on.
 MetalVixxn
Msg: 14
view profile
History
Posted: 1/26/2013 6:12:40 PM
^^^^^ looks like he already has. Not cool.
 m_a_y_a
Msg: 15
Posted: 1/26/2013 6:17:09 PM
OP, instead of boots have you considered a medieval rack?

They were mis-sold as torture devices but really they're excellent for eking out nature's gifts!

Honest ;)
 Inicia
Msg: 16
Posted: 1/26/2013 6:23:53 PM
My grandfather had I guess a degenerative hip bone(don't know proper medical terminology) however one of his legs was considerably shorter than the other and the shoe he wore on that foot I think probably a four inch sole. could have been more. It helped him form being in pain. If gaining a few inches saves you some pain, I don't care what kind. Go for it.. you got to live with yourself.
 c_deacon
Msg: 17
view profile
History
Posted: 1/26/2013 6:25:23 PM
I guess size does matter.....lol

Please OP......why go through all of this when you are home with your date or significant other, take off you shoes and the look on their face would express their dismay......

I once was dating a very nice looking woman that enjoyed me as well, and after three or four dates, she invited me to her place and asked me to stay. The expectations were high, but after watching her take off her stuffed bra, padded ass, girdle, high heels, fake eyelashes, hose and slimming underwear.....what was left was so disappointing compared to what I thought I was invited to enjoy, that enjoyment was minimal at best.

Oh well.....lesson learned.

cd
 Inicia
Msg: 18
Posted: 1/26/2013 6:26:24 PM
p.s but if you are really looking to impress the ladies you might want to lose the name you chose for your internet alias. lol. jsut sayin you know..
 carolann0308
Msg: 19
view profile
History
Posted: 1/26/2013 6:32:16 PM
Why don't you just be patient and wait for a woman that accepts you as you are?
The women I know in their 40's, do not wear ridiculously padded bras, have expensive hair extensions, or the miraculous ability to hide 40 lbs thanks to a pair of Spanx. Are you specifically looking for a high maintenance call girl?
You're middle aged and 5'6 just accept it.
 LiterateHiker
Msg: 20
Posted: 1/26/2013 6:57:19 PM
You are not a short man at 5' 8" tall. Don't worry about it. But if you want to look taller:

1. Wear black;
2. Dress in monochromatic clothes - wear tones of one color from head to feet;
3. Slim down. As a slender woman, people think I'm taller than I am;
4. Use good posture; and
5. Wear boots with a 1-2" heel.
 tnt144
Msg: 21
Posted: 1/26/2013 7:11:24 PM
Being tall is not as glamorous as it seems. You hit your head on stuff a lot! LOL!
 Inicia
Msg: 22
Posted: 1/26/2013 7:18:33 PM
omg.. Yes I have to learn to shut my kitchen cupboards.. I wack my head all the time. and it hurts... 5 ten somtimes wear glamorous good will hair extensions. can be thin or full depending on my current eating patterns. but tried real hard to find shoes that shrunk me and to no avail. when I slouch, and gain weight I become egor rather than tall and svelte vamprilla.
 helpmeahhh
Msg: 23
view profile
History
Posted: 1/26/2013 7:30:17 PM
+1 on the boots idea, I see lots of guys wearing cowboy type boots these days. Find a look or style that you like that incorporates boots rather than trying on lifts. To Boot, Newsom, Ballys, there are a couple others. I have some To Boot ones, they are made in NY and they look bad ass. Your profile says 5'8 they will make you about 5'10 or so and if you can pull of a hat look (I sometimes wear a fedora with them) then you'll appear even a bit taller.

If you don't want to spend 300-400 get some Doc Marten boots they are timeless.

PS - John Wayne was a total prima donna, I have visited his house and it was full of mirrors. Walls, ceiling, doors. That way he could keep an eye on his figure.
 PittsburghVixen
Msg: 24
Posted: 1/26/2013 7:41:43 PM
To me, shoe lifts are like a toupee. - very obvious and a bad idea.

Boots, however , are cool.
 PragmaticBrother
Msg: 25
Posted: 1/26/2013 8:50:35 PM
Absolutely not, man. And that's coming from a guy that's 5'6. Just do you and be comfortable and confident in your skin. My motto has always been if I'm too short for you, it just means you're too tall for me, lol!
I'm good with who I am and you should be too. Celebrities aside, no self-respecting man wears lifts imho. Really, I'd like you to shut the hell up with your 5'8 ass (lol, just kidding man, lol!).

But no. Don't wear lifts. And even if you wear boots you still need to list your actual barefoot height in your profile.
Show ALL Forums  > Off Topic  > Shoe lifts for men, good or bad