Notice: Forums will be shutdown by June 2019

To focus on better serving our members, we've decided to shut down the POF forums.

While regular posting is now disabled, you can continue to view all threads until the end of June 2019. Event Hosts can still create and promote events while we work on a new and improved event creation service for you.

Thank you!

Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Ask A Guy  > Is No Pic-No Talk a hard and fast rule...      Home login  
 AUTHOR
Is No Pic-No Talk a hard and fast rule...Page 1 of 1    
do a thread search on 'no picture' and you'll find lot of exploration of this topic
 Indira46
Msg: 4
view profile
History
Is No Pic-No Talk a hard and fast rule...
Posted: 1/27/2013 12:25:12 PM
As long as you are doing the first messaging, and including a photo, I think it's fine. I'm sure it saves you the annoyance of a bunch of terrible first messages. I prefer to send out the first messages anyway.
 c_deacon
Msg: 5
view profile
History
Posted: 1/27/2013 12:56:43 PM
As long as you send a few pictures with your email explaining your interest and why......all is good!

If for some reason you just email and not include a few pictures, interest will not be peaked in any form in my mind! It has been said over and over on here, and I believe it to be true, that having a good profile with eight, count them, eight good and recent pictures showing your full body type and face will make or break the contacts and returned emails.

Good luck with it!

cd
 Deadliest_Snatch
Msg: 6
Posted: 1/27/2013 1:10:55 PM
There are a number of reasons not to post pics. However, it means you will likely have to be the one to reach out. You should definitely have private images to share.
 LathaMath
Msg: 7
Posted: 1/27/2013 2:30:17 PM
No Pic-No Talk
I dont need to be out there for all to see and inviting weird or lewd commentary,
No lewd pic - no lewd commentary, generally speaking. Without a photo you will have to take the initiative but that could work. Learn to use the search feature. Be careful about wording when initiating contact because many women report in the forums that men do not appreciate being contacted by women. Not me, and many men say no, but it's what women report.
 grove_22
Msg: 8
Posted: 1/27/2013 2:37:45 PM
I have no problems with what the OP is doing. Although a woman without pictures should be willing to make first contact. Since she will probably receive less emails without a photo.
 Sweet_Danimal
Msg: 9
Posted: 1/27/2013 3:28:43 PM

Everybody is putting themselves out there for all to see. I'm not sure what weird and lewd commentary your so worried about? I mean it's just a message online. Couldn't you just delete it and move on? Isn't the juice worth the squeeze? A lot of, potentially interested, great guys are probably passing right by your profile because nobody wants to talk to a screen name.

I'm on board with this idea. If you can't put yourself 'out there', you're not being honest - not only with other people - but with yourself. People are ALWAYS going to have varying opinions about your appearance, but most of us are able to keep our skin thick enough that's it's not a problem.

If you have had stalkers in the past and it's a serious security issue, it's a piece of cake to start a new account, and it's not really a stretch to get new pics. You SHOULD be making an effort to change/update pics on a regular basis, anyway. I realize there might be circumstances out there to need to hide your identity, but, honestly, if it's THAT bad - why the hell are you trying a public dating website in the first place? Use a 'matchmaker' service or something a little more private.

If you have some risqué modeling pics that they don't want to post publicly because they are against the rules - well, that's your own prerogative for violating the public policy, and you're doing it at your own peril. There's other sites for that, too.
 JayneDoe40
Msg: 10
Posted: 1/27/2013 8:21:59 PM
i get plenty of messages without a photo up. i don't know how to send a photo with my reply, so i will throw my photo up on here for a short period of time for viewing. i am not "hiding" anything... but i am NOT looking for a relationship, i am here reading forums and just having common conversations with people. i am honest in my profile so no one wastes their time sending me ANY message if they don't completely understand where i am at in my life emotionally.

when my photo is on my profile i do get a lot more messages; if you're using this as a dating site i can't see a reason to not post a photo? (can't think of any good reason honestly).
Show ALL Forums  > Ask A Guy  > Is No Pic-No Talk a hard and fast rule...