Notice: Forums will be shutdown by June 2019

To focus on better serving our members, we've decided to shut down the POF forums.

While regular posting is now disabled, you can continue to view all threads until the end of June 2019. Event Hosts can still create and promote events while we work on a new and improved event creation service for you.

Thank you!

Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Ask A Girl  > how to start a convo with a girl?      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 Eric_Summit
Msg: 2
how to start a convo with a girl?Page 1 of 1    
Women love it when a nice guy pays careful attention to grammar, spelling, capitalization, and punctuation.
 GJBrown
Msg: 3
how to start a convo with a girl?
Posted: 1/28/2013 3:23:00 PM
The Answer
The same way you start a conversation with anyone!
Try asking a random yet interesting question!
 H0wAboutIt
Msg: 6
Posted: 1/28/2013 7:03:05 PM

i know there a lot of pig (men) on here after one thing and it makes it hard for us nice guys :/:modhammer:

This "I'm a nice guy and not like all other men" crap is old now buddy. If you do a search that's probably in the top 10 for most repeated subject matter.

Anyway,
long story short:

1) "nice guys" usually translates as a push over that lacks confidence who will supplicate to a woman's every demand in exchange for affection and attention. This doesn't impress a woman -- in fact, it's a turn off.

2) These so-called "pigs" out there are after the SAME thing you're ULTIMATELY AFTER TOO (don't hide it) and what MOST WOMEN ARE AFTER TOO.. a good f*cking...
I'd question your humanity or psychological state if you don't want a piece of a$$..everyone does..we're human it is what it is..
the difference between a so-called "nice guy" and a "pig" is that the "pig" knows how to get it and "nice guys" dont..

3) How do you start a conversation with a woman? How would you start a conversation with a man? It's not rocket science... stay in the moment - talk about life and what's going on around you.. ask her for her number and keep going...

For instance: She's using an ipad. ...you like/have/or are interested in ipads too.. "How do you like the ipad? I'm thinking about getting one too .." .. If she's interested..it'll keep going past the ipad..if she aint.. once you get personal..she'll cut you off and end it or will break eye contact and let you know.

But, please guy,...stop masking your lack of confidence and lack of game by trying to label men who know what they are doing as "pigs". For every "pig" out there there's a female version of him roaming around.
 OneKewlDood
Msg: 9
Posted: 2/3/2015 12:45:02 PM
Sometimes all it takes is a "Hello".
 SHS2424
Msg: 10
Posted: 2/3/2015 1:09:56 PM
I call BS on this. Check out women's profiles and you'll eventually see about 1,000 that say they don't to be messaged just "Hi" or "Hello". It IS rocket science and you cannot talk to them like normal people because they are not.
 petula1908
Msg: 12
Posted: 2/3/2015 3:36:45 PM
What is with shortening conversation to convo?? But as Eric has said, from the start grammar, spelling and punctuation are important to women who want an educated, intelligent man who takes the trouble to do all that correctly. Then show an interest in the female you are contacting, commenting on something in her profile, but not mentioning how hot she may be to you, not referring to anything sexual too soon and if she likes the pics and your general stats you can then suggest a phone conversation and if that promotes more interest, then arrange an actual physical meet soon. And please dont say you are a nice guy etc, nice guys dont have to say that, and just because you say it, does not make it true.

Be prepared for all comers, some will just disappear on you, some will not be who they say they are and some have no intention of actually meeting. So buckle your seatbelt and prepare for a bumpy ride if you are going to participate in online dating on sites such as these.

And yes all it takes is a simple "hello" if the guy is sufficiently hot and attractive to the girl in question, very often, just like in real life. You have to start somewhere and the girls just dont want "you are hot" opener, that is all.

Eric_Summit
Msg: 13
Posted: 2/3/2015 4:48:39 PM
Double-post
 Eric_Summit
Msg: 14
Posted: 2/3/2015 4:49:48 PM

Posted by Pierced_Chick:
"...Eric_Summit...You think all women or just some women like it when a nice guy pays attention to grammar,spelling,capitalization..."

Online dating clearly starts as a written medium coupled with photographs and then hopefully to live meets.
There is no "downside" associated with using proper grammar, spelling, punctuation, and capitalization.
Good luck with your romantic search! :-)
 petula1908
Msg: 15
Posted: 2/3/2015 6:46:22 PM
I agree with Eric, there some may be some gals who dont care about that stuff, but my bet would be that they are semi literate or not well educated themselves and if you are happy to meet them, then fine.

By the way Eric, we write "capitalisation" here in Australia, long ago got rid of "z". Do not quite know why!! And and... it is "theatre" not "theater" lol!! and and another thing why do you guys say "Could care less" when you mean "could not care less"? That has always puzzled me!! You get what I mean. Off topic I know.
 OneKewlDood
Msg: 16
Posted: 2/3/2015 7:17:33 PM

petula1908 says...

and and another thing why do you guys say "Could care less" when you mean "could not care less"? That has always puzzled me!!

Only the ones who don't know how to speak properly. ;o)
Show ALL Forums  > Ask A Girl  > how to start a convo with a girl?