Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Relationships  > Passionate Friendship      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 vnufall
Msg: 1
Passionate FriendshipPage 1 of 2    (1, 2)
I see a profile of a man who has looked at mine, He is married with a wife with a "medical condition" apparently, wants to develop a friendship first. May want to develop into intimate one. Here's the thing though, he wants to have all three meet and be friends including traveling together and I assume going places together too. He is 58, so i'm talking older people here. I'm trying to picture how this would work. I would think once intimate relations started there would be jealousy issues. Its an open relationship but sharing of friendship too...lol I think its perfect for the man in this relationship. Do people really expect this to work, or am I being extremely naive?
 FunnyAllTheTime2
Msg: 2
Passionate Friendship
Posted: 1/30/2013 3:54:39 PM
I refuse to be intimate with someone who is intimate with someone else. There is no reason to. Being monogamous gives me a peace of mind, body and spirit.
 ForumFiona
Msg: 3
Passionate Friendship
Posted: 1/30/2013 4:00:13 PM
Unless you are kosher with the wife watching, then it may work out.
Depends on who you are I guess.
 MaccaFan
Msg: 4
Passionate Friendship
Posted: 1/30/2013 4:03:45 PM
I'm sure there are some out there that would not only consider it, but think nothing of it.
Different strokes and all that, I guess...
Me? No frickin' way.
 Della D
Msg: 5
Passionate Friendship
Posted: 1/30/2013 4:06:05 PM
I think he is a bit naive, but hey, who knows? Maybe he finds someone in the same or a similar situation, it might just work for them then.
 Whisky_River
Msg: 6
Passionate Friendship
Posted: 1/30/2013 4:18:04 PM
Sounds a bit icky to me....
Whether his wife approves or not...the travelling part and being together as a threesome....hhmmm...NO.
I have to say...If they both have agreed to try this...in a sense it's probably the most unselfish thing she could do for this man....and then on the other hand
I feel it's very selfish of him to do this...damn...have to be in that position....I guess.
I could not get involved in that....at all!!
 gtomustang
Msg: 7
Passionate Friendship
Posted: 1/30/2013 4:23:37 PM
It works in his mind, until he finds a person insecure enough to try to make it work....for a little while. there are married couples where one tells the other, "go do whatcha gotta do". they usually would rather not know about it or have it flaunted in front of their face.

but, hey, some don't care, and a new friend is a new friend. the guy won't know the possibilities, unless he asks. If a woman decides to try it, well, she's an adult making adult decisions. if she doesn't want a monogamous relationship, then she's getting what she wants.
 daysleeper5
Msg: 8
view profile
History
Passionate Friendship
Posted: 1/30/2013 4:30:55 PM
Sounds like Mr. Wife with Medical Condition has concocted a safe, sympathetic strategy for getting some on the side. My guess is that you would never end up meeting the wife. However, introductions with his mansicle would be forthcoming. :P
 venusenvy777
Msg: 9
Passionate Friendship
Posted: 1/30/2013 4:39:23 PM
My personal line is ...I dont get involved with men that are involved...period. Its hard enough relating to one person, I cant imagine the complications with more than one. Besides, Im way to lazy to deal with all that!! lol
 carolann0308
Msg: 10
view profile
History
Passionate Friendship
Posted: 1/30/2013 4:39:46 PM
Definitely something fishy going on. If she is well enough to socialize and travel then logically she must be well enough to fu*k.......don't you think?
 deere_rancher
Msg: 11
view profile
History
Passionate Friendship
Posted: 1/30/2013 4:41:00 PM
I think its perfect for the man in this relationship

No this is not a perfect setup for the man... that would require 3 women ,... with 2 , when there's minor
hostilities ,they will gang up on your azz ..but with 3 women ... you'll always have one on your side Perfect !!
 supplygoodguy
Msg: 12
Passionate Friendship
Posted: 1/30/2013 4:41:08 PM
no it isn't an open relationship.. he is looking for an open vagina.. he doesn't care if this is a relationship .. he is looking for free bacon outtah the pork barrel..

anyway the wife with the medical condition is one of the oldest lines in a swingers monkey pouch.. she has a mental illness or perhaps she's in a coma and he wants you to lay down on the bed and have his wife lay there head to head beside you .. and then f'ck his wife's face while he blows a load on you .. ... frig mahn.. I need to get together with Dave Chappelle.. I'm getting good at this..

I dunno but here is my solution to your dilemma .. here goes
"go down to the place where they make the sex mannequin chicks they had on .. what's his names show.. you know .. ah Vanderbilt's son.. yeah THE ANDERSON COOPER SHOW.. and have them make a complete replica of you for this dude.. now don't tell him that it has a nice programmable detonator and a grenade inside.. the action trigger is the plastic vagina .. or you can set it with two pin set jobbies for the bazookas...k and then you leave this sex doll at his door step.. NOW YOU'LL KNOW HE REALLY LOVES YOU AND WANTS YOU AND HIS COMATOSE WIFE to be a complete game of bigamy when you don't hear a big bang coming from his house..

If there is a big bang.. no problemo.. there's more perverts in the sea to hit up on you than this one.. so if you miss getting hit on by whack jobs.. there's another one around the corner.. aw cyber excitement it's cracked up to be cracked fo' sherr..
 deere_rancher
Msg: 13
view profile
History
Passionate Friendship
Posted: 1/30/2013 5:11:46 PM
^^^^ I no longer wonder why your single
 MetalVixxn
Msg: 14
view profile
History
Passionate Friendship
Posted: 1/30/2013 5:36:14 PM
This reminds me of an episode of The Golden Girls. Sophia was going out with this guy who always brought his "sister" on the dates. Turns out she was his wife and was dying and wanted to make sure the guy found someone to be with before she died. It didn't work out for Sophia. I suppose it could work if someone was just looking for a FWB or something. Maybe the wife is pushing this, who knows. If it's something you're interested in, go for it.
 DontAskMe2CarryUrPurse
Msg: 15
Passionate Friendship
Posted: 1/30/2013 5:52:27 PM
This is a tough situation that many have no clue about. I had my best friend go through a horrible time with cancer before she finally threw in the towel and died. Into year 3, her husband confided in me that he not had been physical with his wife for 2 years as she battled her disease. He was an amazingly supportive husband who bent over backwards to care for her and enlisted her closest friends to be with her every day, every hour if possible while she lay in the hospital. But he said he almost picked up a woman in a nearby bar. I was silent for who was I to judge. He was an exemplary human being and partner but everyone has their limitations. So everyone with their petty and shallow minds need to develop more compassion for someone in a very tough situation.
 The_Whole_of_the_Moon
Msg: 16
Passionate Friendship
Posted: 1/30/2013 6:08:33 PM

I no longer wonder why your single

What took you so long ? ROFL
 domainfullduplex100
Msg: 17
view profile
History
Passionate Friendship
Posted: 1/30/2013 6:16:09 PM
supplygoodguy...lol.. I know it is chilly in Canada but calm down..,it should be over...soon lol. wow. Lots of anger there.
I suppose at 58 the OP feels like...what is the big deal? gotta live a little? get naughty to make up for all the goodness in the past? Depends on what you are looking for OP..and it is your decision. Make your own mistakes. At your age, listen to yourself.
 Hapworth
Msg: 18
Passionate Friendship
Posted: 1/30/2013 6:19:14 PM

no it isn't an open relationship.. he is looking for an open vagina..

Best...response...EVER!!!
 gcdeb
Msg: 19
Passionate Friendship
Posted: 1/30/2013 7:00:04 PM

+1
 RJHistoryGirl
Msg: 20
view profile
History
Passionate Friendship
Posted: 1/30/2013 7:44:54 PM
I knew a woman several years ago who had a terminal cancer. She was married and had several relatively young children. When she figured out that nothing was going to save her life, she sat her husband down and they talked. End result, she hand picked the woman who eventually replaced her in her husband and children's lives. I'm not completely sure how she went about it, but I do know that the new woman was living with them, fully integrated into their lives and the kids calling her "mom" over a year before she died. The husband married the woman within a year of his first wife's death. It's been a few years now and they are still happily together.

I think it is a viable option. I am aware of similar happenings during the westward expansion of the US. I don't know that I could be completely sanguine about it if approached by the man. The way that it was handled in the situation I am familiar with, the wife approached the woman. Under the right set of circumstances, I might be okay with that, but I would need a LOT more information before I could make a decision.

Can it work? Yes, at least so far for the couple I know. Is it something most would be comfortable with? I think not.
 434handyman
Msg: 21
Passionate Friendship
Posted: 1/31/2013 4:26:24 AM
Is this any different than men who cannot have sex, obtaining a service for another man to make love to their wife? You know this woman has to love her husband very much to allow a meeting. However it would also take a special woman to agree to this. One thing is if you get involved you will really hurt this guy if you break it off because there's not a lot of women willing to do this.
 Wastrel
Msg: 22
Passionate Friendship
Posted: 1/31/2013 5:09:27 AM

Ah, come on. It's funny.

OP,
I can't judge on his profile (let's assume it's truthful). Sounds like he's doing what he can to not be a sneak. A person who can remain open and honest in the trickiest, most difficult situations, such as this one, is pretty rare and possibly worth investigating.

I hope the wife is equally honest. I've observed more than one wife's "medical condition" to be mostly a lack of interest in sex with the husband.
 Bebedeleau
Msg: 23
Passionate Friendship
Posted: 1/31/2013 5:41:58 AM
Some of these replies make me wonder if I were in that position of being terminal if I would want the security of knowing who would be raising my daughter when I was gone, or would at least be there in the transition. I've already set up (mostely) where she would go, but it makes you wonder.

This made me remember when I wanted to leave an X who had 3 children (and I had been their "only" mom for 7 years). I didn't want to leave because of them. When he started showing an interest in a friend of his that I knew well, I hoped that they would get together so that I could go without worry (she was a good mom).

I guess you never know until you are in that situation.
 vnufall
Msg: 24
Passionate Friendship
Posted: 1/31/2013 2:01:59 PM
Its true, I don't know the whole story because I haven't talked to him one on one. I would like to tho, not because I'm interested in joining up, but because I want to have questions answered about how he thinks this going to work. I really can't imagine being in such a relationship, as most have said on here its just too much work. One man is all I can handle, but for others...who knows. Its just interesting to ponder...lol.
 0ldhag
Msg: 25
Passionate Friendship
Posted: 1/31/2013 2:16:39 PM
It would definatly not be for me.

In this situation you really need to look deep into yourself and decide what makes you happy.

If that does, then great.

If it doesn't (and I mean TRULY happy) then leave it.

You'll always be able to find someone single who you will probaly feel the same about, if not more for.....just be patient and don't settle.
Show ALL Forums  > Relationships  > Passionate Friendship