Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Relationships  > Do you ever look at the Profile of the SAME SEX??      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 awesomecatch2
Msg: 1
Do you ever look at the Profile of the SAME SEX??Page 1 of 3    (1, 2, 3)
I admit that I do on occasion and heres the reasons....

Firstly I only look at girls profiles that look pretty (no Im not gay)
I look at hair styles and pics to see honestly what the competition is out there...
and also because I want to see how they word their profiles...

There is one line in my profile that I use from finding on someone elses because it was perfectly stated.

Does anyone else do this, and if you do-what are your reasons?
 Stubidooo
Msg: 2
Do you ever look at the Profile of the OPPOSITE SEX??
Posted: 2/4/2013 8:25:15 AM
Did you mean look at profiles of the SAME sex?

Obviously, I look at the profiles of the opposite sex and no I don't look at guys profiles.
 awesomecatch2
Msg: 3
Posted: 2/4/2013 8:26:35 AM
Lol thank you!!! I corrected that, thankfully!
 phoenix_55
Msg: 4
Do you ever look at the Profile of the SAME SEX??
Posted: 2/4/2013 8:35:12 AM
I do occasionally ... but it's not for the same reason you look. I find myself oddly drawn to those women who look like trainwrecks ... you know, the ones that weigh 300 lbs and they're sprawled across a bed wearing skimpy lingerie? And their profile says "don't contact me if you're looking for sex" LMAO
 Paddy_o_Lantern
Msg: 5
Posted: 2/4/2013 8:40:23 AM
I have done searches out of curiosity to see relatively how many men and women are on this site in various age groups in response to forum posts and have done a search of men in my area to see what the competition looks like - what astounds me is how many guys have shirtless pics on thier profiles even though it is against the posting rules and even more so how many guys post shirtless pics who are out of shape.
 jimintoronto2
Msg: 6
Posted: 2/4/2013 8:47:53 AM
I look at all profiles of people who post in the forums, as I'm always interested to see where they live. I've been getting a good geography lesson, even within Ontario, which is a big province.
 forumitejunkie
Msg: 7
Posted: 2/4/2013 8:48:51 AM
Sure....
I look at the profiles of most forum posters, of either gender, to get an idea what they're about
I've also looked at the profiles of women in my age range and location, to "check out" the competition :)
And then, sometimes, as one poster said....there are those 'train wreck" thumbnails one comes across in whatever way and is irresistibly drawn to see what the rest of the profile has to say....
 Zuglo65
Msg: 8
view profile
History
Posted: 2/4/2013 8:51:17 AM
Sure I do.
Stole a few lines, course I made some changes..
I am thinking about stealing again..
I like that "I am not your guy", and "I could be that guy" lines..Hm..
Other than that sometimes he says something, and I am just curious how old he is, what is his profile looks like..
Stuff like that.
 OutMind
Msg: 9
Posted: 2/4/2013 8:56:01 AM
I am here for the forums. So when ever some guy post with some issue, I take a look at their profile to see what they may be doing right or wrong.
 HelenBackAgain
Msg: 10
Posted: 2/4/2013 8:56:33 AM
Sure - being here for the forums at the moment, I'm always curious about fellow posters. I look at almost all of the profiles of those with whom I interact, regardless of sex of the poster. Especially if they're asking advice, because it can give me a little more of handle on the personality, and that can be helpful.
 msright78
Msg: 11
Posted: 2/4/2013 9:01:46 AM
Yes, I have looked at couple of the women's profiles. Just to see how their profile is laid out compared to myne.

And I've also seen their pics as well. Some women post explicit pictures of themselves and then wonder why they are not getting any messages or dates.

But all in all, Im' just comparing my profile against theirs. And how better I can make it out to be.

that's all.
 Bebedeleau
Msg: 12
Posted: 2/4/2013 9:03:31 AM
Same as above. I sometimes look if they are posting on the forums for the same reason as above, to gather more information. I also read one profile that had a very good, thought provoking quote that I was glad I found.
 Blah_User_Name
Msg: 13
Posted: 2/4/2013 9:17:06 AM
I do, all the time.

I don't actively search for them but if someone makes a comment on the forums, and more often if I think it's a foolish comment or if they say something I find offensive, then I'll go and look at their profile, regardless of gender.

Sometimes too, when I've timed out, and there's a line of other female members along the top of my screen who are local, something will catch my eye and I'll go and look. Usually it's someone who seems familiar or someone who beneath their photo has the same community that I lives in.
 CouldBWow
Msg: 14
Posted: 2/4/2013 9:46:32 AM
Yeah, I did back when I was 1st getting started in order to get profile writing ideas...and...ideas of what *not* to write. Also wanted an idea of what the 'competition' was like and how I might distinguish myself.
 Eric_Summit
Msg: 15
Posted: 2/4/2013 9:58:59 AM
Sure, certainly for folks posting here in the forums, I typically look at their profiles.
It gives you insight on "where they're coming from" and what they're about when posting.
 jimintoronto2
Msg: 16
Posted: 2/4/2013 10:03:19 AM

My cell phone doesn't allow you to view the forums at all...they really need to change this feature on the phone app...it's just a vicious cycle!!! lol Sad but true...

You may be able to log on to the POF site by using your phone's browser. I have an iPhone, plus the POF app, but I often log on using the Safari browser. That way I can get to the forums or do anything else that I'd normally do on my computer.
 4ms4me
Msg: 17
view profile
History
Posted: 2/4/2013 10:15:20 AM

I look at all profiles of people who post in the forums, as I'm always interested to see where they live.

+1.

When I was dating, I occassionally looked at profiles of everyone, regardless of age/gender, just to see what they said. Also got some good ideas for my own profile.
 _EmpireOfTheSun
Msg: 18
Posted: 2/4/2013 10:15:32 AM
I look at the trainwreck of men's profiles who often post in the "ask a girl" forum
 Maleman999
Msg: 19
Posted: 2/4/2013 10:28:05 AM
I will look at a guy's profile if he has a post saying he has no trouble meeting a lot of POF women, and boasting how he had 5 dates with POF women last week, 4 dates the week before, etc.
 gentleplus
Msg: 20
view profile
History
Posted: 2/4/2013 10:42:56 AM
@Outmind.... ditto
 DontAskMe2CarryUrPurse
Msg: 21
Posted: 2/4/2013 12:24:15 PM
Of course, to check out people who make interesting, funny or thought provoking comments on the forum.
 Bookbelle
Msg: 22
view profile
History
Posted: 2/4/2013 12:47:32 PM
Yep. (Only when I'm looking to meet someone though.)
But then, I'm bisexual.
 jimintoronto2
Msg: 23
Posted: 2/4/2013 1:12:45 PM
I do the same, but have found the Opera Mini browser more satisfactory. If you haven't tried it, you might want to check it out.

Thanks for the tip. Just went to the web site and checked it out. Will give it a try.

Edit: Just tried it and like it a lot. I logged on with it to update this post.
 for4rums_loner_here
Msg: 24
Posted: 2/4/2013 1:53:27 PM
No guy ever sent me dicpics. Some chicks did, of theirs, but never a guy.

It's not a guy thing.
 tallbrowneyedlady
Msg: 25
Posted: 2/4/2013 3:39:00 PM
I have, on occasion, just to check out the competition.
Show ALL Forums  > Relationships  > Do you ever look at the Profile of the SAME SEX??