Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Science/philosophy  > A possible process of turning wants into needs      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 qedeshim
Msg: 1
view profile
History
A possible process of turning wants into needsPage 1 of 1    
For the last 4 years or so, and at least for a decade a slow change will possibly be visiting a lot of people. We have all enjoyed the "I want" era, and it was different, but most will be accepting that might not be possible as we enter the "I need". Its what one needs that through economic "reality" that will possibly eventually be the all consuming mantra.

I do not know if people can be honest, as honesty brings a reality that often is not quite what we want to accept. But we are all ruled by economics, as in money, and there will be less of it, as nothing can stop the process that started in 2007. Politicians need electing, and to win one needs finance, and finance brings obligations to the elected one, thus they are all corporate appointees of one kind or another. So we are ruled by sincerity, which is in the pockets of the corporate sector. So the untouchables, those above the law will like past Emperors will patronise the rest of us, and define our values, laws, and cultural norms, slightly more rigidly than before.

The need for security, protection against the unknown enemy, where now its mainly government employees that undergo the probing of the lie detector, over 70,000 last year. An Orwellian, totalitarian state is not that bad providing one obeys the rules, co-operates with authority, and if one has nothing to hide, what is the problem? One cannot trust the MOB, and although circuses are out of date the media fulfils the same function, and we all know who pays for that.

Looking forward to a bright future, and surely you will not swell the 2 million incarcerated in corporate detention centres, which from a professional perspective has a bright future, with the aggressive determination required for unimaginable growth.

So what is your take on game board you will all tread on?
 RussArtLover
Msg: 2
view profile
History
A possible process of turning wants into needs
Posted: 2/5/2013 9:06:29 PM
Really?

If you are a Republican you really should consider checking out Democrat :)

I don't really have a bias the last few years but in my younger days (a thousand years ago?) I switched from Democrat to Republican because I didn't see any point in stressing about things I couldn't deal with in person, promptly, and forget about it.

Granted I'm not unfeeling. I get buzzed on the idea of leading a militia. Always have. Hero complex maybe.
b'b'b'b'b'b'b'but. It still boggles my mind when I see some guy in a movie with a sign on his back reading "Doom is Near!"
And the other side reads "Millies Bar N'Grill, Shots $10)
 IgorFrankensteen
Msg: 3
view profile
History
Posted: 2/6/2013 3:48:14 AM
This is a very confused post, OP. I THINK I disagree with you almost entirely, but I'm not sure, because you expressed yourself in such a vague and aimless manner.

For one thing, if you think that big problems we have to deal with in the US have only been a result of, or been brewing for the last four years, then you've completely failed to either study any history, or to pay attention to anything outside your own immediate wallet.

You seem to have some foggy notion relating to how some products and services can be presented initially as being fun luxuries, and then seemingly very suddenly, turn in to basic necessities (internet access is almost all the way there now). You seem to be blaming this on a cabal of evil rich people, but the phenomenon of "want becoming need" is only very rarely intentional (the only example I can directly recall, is how certain local rich people bought up fully functional mass transportation systems, and then destroyed them in order to promote their own, more expensive, alternate transportation businesses).

Past that, this is too disorganized to try to deal with. Can you isolate some of your thoughts in a more organized manner?
 for4rums_loner_here
Msg: 4
Posted: 2/6/2013 4:13:20 AM
"""""""""""The need for security, protection against the unknown enemy, where now its mainly government employees that undergo the probing of the lie detector, over 70,000 last year"""""""""""""

What does this sentence mean, OP? I can't make out the noun and the verb, and therefore the meaning.

"its mainly government employees..." whose government employees? the enemy's government employees, or the security's, or the protection's government employees?

What government employees probe or check 70,000 lie detectors, and why? Do the detectors need to be recalibrated and checked for operational accuracy, by probing them?
 Inicia
Msg: 5
Posted: 2/6/2013 4:28:40 AM
We all need a little light in the darkness of living because we are convinced that death is inevitable, and we must eat to sustain life , what bread do you choose? whats your rich butter. to feel good until you die and find out the truth...that you elived to make you live until you died...Heaven is in your heart. find it and keep it...and put your heart in your soul, and let it carry on...in dixie...
 Proteaus
Msg: 6
Posted: 2/6/2013 4:26:06 PM
If you look at what Thomas Jefferson said . Once you begin trading your freedoms for security , eventually you will no longer have any freedoms to trade . Because you will no longer be free .We are now approaching that point . Unfortunately there was nothing patriotic about the patriot act .We lost more freedoms under that legislation than at any other time in our history .
 J_bird61
Msg: 7
Posted: 2/6/2013 8:10:44 PM
Does this have something to do with maryjane?

What the heck...I did enjoy the "2 million incarcerated in corporate detentions centers".
It's your imagination again.
Try and sort it out intelligibly because I'm sure there's a good debate here someplace.
Try corporate greed?
 RussArtLover
Msg: 8
view profile
History
Posted: 2/7/2013 8:04:05 PM
I'm rather enjoying being poor for awhile, looking for love. But
There was a time when my peers were those untouchables. May be again someday if Aging Reversal is perfected. My time was spent as efficiently as possible. Couldn't stand to be weighed down with emotional issues. At best you might get a smile if you had some idea the long range weight on my shoulders manipulating the trickle down effect. Usually seemed hopeless but you do what you can to plant seeds that will bare healthy fruit even in a toxic garden. There's no such thing as friend or enemy. And I don't think profits were that big a deal, they were a sure thing. More like success or failure, finishing what you start. Unfinished business was a major downer. The spin doctors will paint the future. Loguns Run is happening now. Check out the end of that movie. Maybe I got lucky getting back in touch with my emotions. Hope they do too.
Show ALL Forums  > Science/philosophy  > A possible process of turning wants into needs