Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Off Topic  > Inconclusive sex shaming      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 MiaIris
Msg: 1
Inconclusive sex shamingPage 1 of 1    
I shake my head whenever people ostracize one gender or physical equation over the other in participating in sexual gratification.

First, sex should be a good thing not a bad thing but society makes it out to be the baddest thing you could ever do. (Within context of course it can be construed as bad but look at the situation before you start pointing fingers at one participant rather than the other. ) Especially, when woman are portrayed as the vixen or manipulator of the situation as if men are passive participants of the due process.

Recently, I met a guy for a short while and became physical with him. The short (so be it) relationship did not work out because of a misunderstanding and I wanted feedback on how to salvage it. To my chagrin, someone devised that I was trying to resuscitate the relationship by means of sexual relations. If that were true, why would I put so much effort to even out the financial expenses if I could manipulate the whole relationship by way of sex. If that were true why would I be so upfront with my short-comings and profile revelations?

The point is it takes two people to make a good or bad relationship work. No one side should be favoured unless their conglomerate actions express such realities.
 Pete2205
Msg: 2
view profile
History
Inconclusive sex shaming
Posted: 2/5/2013 5:02:18 PM
Agreed and..............................................................................?
 MiaIris
Msg: 3
Inconclusive sex shaming
Posted: 2/5/2013 6:00:12 PM
Women tend to be the more passive recipients of sexual relations so how can they be manipulative at the same time?
 relaxingwithyou
Msg: 4
Inconclusive sex shaming
Posted: 2/5/2013 6:05:54 PM
I think jealous people love to call women manipulators.
 IgorFrankensteen
Msg: 5
view profile
History
Inconclusive sex shaming
Posted: 2/6/2013 3:59:47 AM
I believe that a lot of this sort of problems, are a direct result of the fact that most people build up a picture of how the world works, only sub- or semi-consciously, as they grow from babies to adults.

They eventually reach the point where they are saying things they don't actually feel or believe (but think they are required to say), and doing things they don't want to do (because they think "that's what people are supposed to do").

In the case of who gets the rap when sexuality goes awry, I suspect that at least one big reason women get more of the blame, is in large part because they have NOT been in charge of the planet through most of history. That only sounds backwards, until you recognize a fundamental thing that politicians the world over, hope you never catch on to: that it is the people who have the power, that promote the placing of blame, and who choose the blame victims. Women get the blame BECAUSE men are in charge.
 tooborednow
Msg: 6
Inconclusive sex shaming
Posted: 2/6/2013 10:26:54 AM

Women tend to be the more passive recipients of sexual relations so how can they be manipulative at the same time?

By determining when the man can have sex with her? Setting up relationship hoops for the guy to jump through?
By not having sex when she wants to (if at all), only communicating she will when he does something she thinks is worth her "giving it up?"
By having sex, and then having certain requirements of him she indirectly communicates are expected since he "got some?"
And her reactions during sex giving the guy certain feedback? e.g. laying there quiet and unmoving like a "dead fish?"
Via moral judgment and social ostracizing and treating sex like a commodity?
 matchlight
Msg: 7
view profile
History
Inconclusive sex shaming
Posted: 2/6/2013 11:38:56 AM

Women tend to be the more passive recipients of sexual relations

That may be a tendency, but there sure are a lot of exceptions to it.
Show ALL Forums  > Off Topic  > Inconclusive sex shaming