Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Ask A Girl  > Do women want equality?      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 bofast
Msg: 1
Do women want equality?Page 1 of 1    
Do women want equality? This seems to be a simple question, but it is not.

Please think about what equality means, tell me in detail what you think it means, and then answer.

Equality in the work place, bedroom, or in a relationship. Be prepared to back up your answer.
 AGuy_4U
Msg: 2
view profile
History
Do women want equality?
Posted: 2/7/2013 9:51:13 AM
Ha! women claim to want equality! it really makes we wonder what women want off this website.. 1. women say "I'm old fashion, I'll let him ask me out". If they are really equal, there's nothing wrong with asking him out. why? because she want's him to pay! Then she say in her "first Date" a nice dinner.... Why the heck would I drop $50.00 to $100.00 on someone to hear them say "we're not a match"? if anything, a "first"date" should be coffee or something really informal. because 1. your gonna know in the first 20 minutes if you have good chemistry. and 2. someplace like that would allow for a quick escape.
 greatblah
Msg: 3
view profile
History
Do women want equality?
Posted: 2/7/2013 9:57:49 AM
Listen man, listen. I don't know what's gonna happen, man. But I tell you this. I tell you this. I wanna get my kicks before the whole sh*thouse goes up in flames.
 motown_cowgirl
Msg: 4
Do women want equality?
Posted: 2/7/2013 10:10:10 AM
e·qual·i·ty
/i'kwälite/
Noun
1.The state of being equal, esp. in status, rights, and opportunities.

I figure women already have equality, so asking whether they want it is kind of pointless. Maybe you want a woman who doesn't want equality, because equality is perceived as a threat to your manhood. The only way you can feel empowered is when you can presume a woman is not equal so that you can tell her what to do. That's why everything in your post is stated like a direct order. "Be prepared to" is just your next officious demand, because you're testing the women who would dare to say they want equality. Why would they not want it? Because they're head cases. Now there's a gal for you.... someone gullible, a pushover who won't challenge your authority. That's why the rest of us should feel like we have something to prove by explaining equality to you, or we will automatically fail in trying to please you sufficiently with our inadequate answers, because you already know. That's why we need to be prepared. Be prepared to go eff yourself.
 Bebedeleau
Msg: 5
Do women want equality?
Posted: 2/7/2013 10:11:07 AM
I would love equality ... I'd love to stop picking men who aren't responsible enough to support themselves, but at least I have equal freedom to make bad choices.

Now, you know the equality in work, the bedroom and in relationships is going to depend on the person and the person's choices (of job or partner). If you want that, you don't sign a contract with someone (thing) that isn't going to fulfill it.
 daynadaze
Msg: 6
view profile
History
Do women want equality?
Posted: 2/7/2013 10:18:58 AM
Be prepared to back up my answer? There's a test? I hate tests, how about I give you my personal opinion and if you don't agree, so be it.

I realize there are differences between men and women, there are also many differences between men & men and women & women, kind of a (i)duh!(/i) right. What I want is to be equally treated as a human being, I am equally human and capable of many things just like any other person of either gender. If you have never lived through an era of being property, or having laws against you, or religious stuff where your hair is offensive or your ankles are sexually provocative to make a man lose control, etc. then you might get just what equality actually means. It isn't about she wants me to hold the door for her but she won't mow the lawn, that's just part of those things that make or break a coupling, equality as humans is about respect and the ability to accept. No one is lesser because of their gender, color or heritage, we are all equal human beings and the fact that some can't stand that idea is their personal problem, it doesn't change that all humans are equal, their actual behaviors are something else all together.
 justagrlwithacat
Msg: 7
Do women want equality?
Posted: 2/7/2013 10:32:28 AM
I'm thinking there's a grade 11 student here who wants help with his/her essay homework :)
 Sweet_Danimal
Msg: 8
Do women want equality?
Posted: 2/7/2013 10:33:40 AM
I think the fundamental argument is not about rights - at least not in online dating - it's about expectations. People always expect results in here - fast, quick and easy. Some people DO put forth some effort to find people, but obviously it fails more often than succeeds. When searching for a reason, all we see is our own efforts - OUR side of the argument - and assume a lot about the other side not carrying their own weight. This 'equality' argument manifests itself frequently in all kinds of forms on a regular basis in the forums.

The solution is simply - STOP EXPECTING RESULTS TO HAPPEN. Expecting results is like feeling self-entitled to a happy ending. You ain't gonna get it. Instead of focusing on the end result, you gotta focus on the conversation/information in front of you, and deal with it accordingly - stop assuming, stop expecting, stop demanding and just BE in the moment.

Burgess Meridith had an excellent line from the movie 'Grumpy Old Men'...
"Well you can wish in one hand, and crap in the other, and see which fills up first."
 femaleconnection
Msg: 9
Do women want equality?
Posted: 2/7/2013 10:52:09 AM
I am equal to men and I want to remain as such under the eyes of the law in my land.

I have never wanted to be a man, I am a woman. Just because I enjoy having equal rights doesnt mean I want to act like a man or be viewed as non feminine.

We can be equal, and different. If we were all exactly the same, life would be soooo boring. If women actually did what some men in here say they want-did all the asking out, payed for all the dates, open all the jars etc...then you guys may as well just date other guys...seems you want humans who behave like men, so go date humans who behave like men and leave us to the men who enjoy women just the way we are...cause there are enough of those men to keep me occupied.

Expectation=premeditated resenment.
 RandomFish123
Msg: 10
Do women want equality?
Posted: 2/7/2013 11:01:09 AM
To make it simple OP: Everyone desires equality in the amount of respect that they get.

Why would anyone desire anything less?
 DietFree
Msg: 11
view profile
History
Do women want equality?
Posted: 2/7/2013 11:07:12 AM

You want us to be prepared to back up our answer(s), yet you never explained why your question is "not" simple.

Equality is (always) equal to all.
 theforumfiend
Msg: 12
Do women want equality?
Posted: 2/7/2013 11:08:29 AM

Ha! women claim to want equality! it really makes we wonder what women want off this website.

I can't speak for all women, but when I originally started here I was hoping to meet a good guy and have a relationship.

women say "I'm old fashion, I'll let him ask me out". If they are really equal, there's nothing wrong with asking him out. why? because she want's him to pay!

I don't have a problem with paying. I do have a problem with men thinking that because they accepted my invitation to meet with me that it meant I was just looking for sex.

her "first Date" a nice dinner.... Why the heck would I drop $50.00 to $100.00 on someone to hear them say "we're not a match"?

If the woman wants dinner for a first meet and you don't then don't meet that woman.

if anything, a "first"date" should be coffee or something really informal. because 1. your gonna know in the first 20 minutes if you have good chemistry. and 2. someplace like that would allow for a quick escape.

I agree with this plus meeting for coffee gives you an idea if the person knows how to behave (in public at least)
 WQ12
Msg: 13
Do women want equality?
Posted: 2/7/2013 11:12:06 AM
Women have been pushing this equality for stuff for a long time. If a man was doing it, it would have been done by now. :-)

*** views expressed here are not necessarily those of the poster. ***
 notdating-forumsonly
Msg: 14
Do women want equality?
Posted: 2/7/2013 11:29:42 AM
The general idea is that all people have the same rights and opportunities; therefore, there is no ranting about men stating that women should be asking them out, paying for the date, etc. This argument and gripe is ooooold.
If that's the mentality with some, then water will seek its own level on regard to that. It's simply about having the same respect for one another, the same opportunities that we all have, etc. Period.

I couldn't agree more with femaleconnection:
If women actually did what some men in here say they want-did all the asking out, payed for all the dates, open all the jars etc...then you guys may as well just date other guys...seems you want humans who behave like men, so go date humans who behave like men and leave us to the men who enjoy women just the way we are...cause there are enough of those men to keep me occupied.

There are a LOT of men who value a woman as a woman- and treat her with defference- and have respect for the fact that she's equal as an individual, and collectively within society. And vice versa.
 LiterateHiker
Msg: 15
Do women want equality?
Posted: 2/7/2013 12:37:29 PM
What a stupid, sexist question. What part of being able to vote do women not want?
 spilling_fire
Msg: 16
Do women want equality?
Posted: 2/7/2013 1:05:26 PM

Please think about what equality means, tell me in detail what you think it means, and then answer.
Equality in the work place, bedroom, or in a relationship. Be prepared to back up your answer.

Speaking only for myself here!
Yes and no. I'd like to be paid equal wages for equal work done. I'd like to have an equal say in the running of our household. I'd like to have an equal say in my own personal rights as a woman. But when it comes to the bedroom.....who gives a crap about equality. I like being man-handled here and there. I just told a friend of mine the other day that I wouldn't date a guy unless he could roughly shove me up against a wall and kiss the alpha female right out of me.
 longhaired189
Msg: 17
Do women want equality?
Posted: 2/7/2013 1:37:27 PM
This question smacks of Angry White Guy complaining about how tough things are for him. I'm pretty sure the issue he is getting at is having to pay for dates or some such nonsense.

For me personally, a few days ago as I was admiring the hour glass figure of the woman I am currently dating, sans clothing, the furthest thing from my mind was the amount of money I had spent on dinners over the past few weeks. We've barely scratched the surface of what dating her is going to cost me in the long run, and I am happy to pay the price.

If the "inequality" of dating women is too much for you, it's a good indication you are not getting your money's worth. Work on your game and maybe you'll see some pay off. In the meantime I will continue paying for dinners, opening doors, buying gifts and all the stuff that I like to do to make a woman happy.
 psytle
Msg: 18
view profile
History
Do women want equality?
Posted: 2/7/2013 1:43:14 PM

The natural world is not equal.

Therefore, making life "equal" takes work.

Humans don't like to work, unless it benefits them.

Both men AND women could care less about "equality" unless it directly benefits them.

Women can complain over and over again about how "unequal" it is that they get so many more inappropriate messages compared to men. Most men really could care less about the unequal situation because they don't have to deal with this issue.

Men can complain over and over again about how "unequal" it is how empty their Inbox is. Most women really could care less about the unequal situation because women typically don't have empty Inboxes.

So it goes, I guess.
 RyanohRyan
Msg: 19
Do women want equality?
Posted: 2/7/2013 1:43:59 PM
Men and women were built differently and have different wiring and hormones.

So, define "equal".
Show ALL Forums  > Ask A Girl  > Do women want equality?