Notice: Forums will be shutdown by June 2019

To focus on better serving our members, we've decided to shut down the POF forums.

While regular posting is now disabled, you can continue to view all threads until the end of June 2019. Event Hosts can still create and promote events while we work on a new and improved event creation service for you.

Thank you!

Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Dating and Love Advice  > "Valentine's day for singles.."      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 OPeningdoors87
Msg: 1
view profile
History
"Valentine's day for singles.."Page 1 of 4    (1, 2, 3, 4)
So what are all those singles out there (including me) have planned for V day?
Is this a good time to try and meet like minded individuals, do singles generally go out on V day looking for love?

Your views.
 shylovedave
Msg: 2
view profile
History
Valentine's day for singles..
Posted: 2/8/2013 2:50:26 PM
Anytime you can find love, that is a good day and a reason to celebrate. I'm going to get together with some friends after dinner and talk, catch up, and then I'll go home and read a new book I got. I guess there are some single dances planed for Valentine's day. Lots of times there are specials on V day, but to eat out can get difficult because places are so busy. If you go out looking for love and the place you go doesn't have people looking for love, then you might be disapointed. Probably the best plan is to do something you enjoy and not rush it.
 Be_enchanted
Msg: 3
Posted: 2/8/2013 2:50:58 PM
My plans is to be with a good friend and go to the movies. No, I won't be looking for 'love', seems like aka booty call, when your question was written like it was.
 Stubidooo
Msg: 4
Posted: 2/8/2013 2:54:04 PM
So confident that you will be alone are you?

Ugh... not me. Plan to be hot and heavy on the holiday. I'm an optimist :)
 GJBrown
Msg: 5
Posted: 2/8/2013 3:29:03 PM
unless something happens before It will just be thursday for me!
work,home,gym,home, shower, waste time on internet, sleep
 OPeningdoors87
Msg: 6
view profile
History
Posted: 2/8/2013 3:50:38 PM
definitely not a "booty call" did say love and not "sex".
Sure it will be another boring day just as every other.
 LiterateHiker
Msg: 7
Posted: 2/8/2013 3:53:02 PM
I'm going to try to arrange a romantic (HA!) dinner with local man who has been doing the full court press, trying to charm the pants off me. Literally. I'm sure he would be delighted to take me to dinner. He's handsome, hilarious and lots of fun. He thinks I'm adorable. Can't imagine why.

I'll need a chastity belt for the occasion. Any idea where I can get one?
 OPeningdoors87
Msg: 8
view profile
History
Posted: 2/8/2013 3:55:57 PM
LiterateHiker
Not sure about where to get the chastity belts, sure there are a few places that sell the keys :)
 Be_enchanted
Msg: 9
Posted: 2/8/2013 3:56:25 PM
LiterateHiker ,
I will live that day vicariously thru you. And you may want to goog*e where to get a handy-dandy belt; I'm sure they exist. And thanks for making me laugh this gloomy evening.
 LiterateHiker
Msg: 10
Posted: 2/8/2013 3:56:39 PM
I was joking. As usual!
 forumitejunkie
Msg: 11
Posted: 2/8/2013 4:04:59 PM
I've never had much "luck" with V-Day, even when I was married/in a relationship. It seems I have mostly associated with men who thought of it as a pain-in-the-tush Hallmark holiday and did their best to ignore the hoopla. I adapted, and genuinely concluded that a man who treated me well all yr long was worth his not making a big fuss over ONE day.

So, I'm OK with viewing it as "just Thu" as another poster mentioned....I DO, however, wish I could skip being bombarded with the advertisements about it....It just reminds me there is nobody "special" in my life at the moment :(
 OPeningdoors87
Msg: 12
view profile
History
Posted: 2/8/2013 4:11:05 PM
Haha forumjunkie tell me about it, Don't think I have ever been with someone on valentines day.
How sad...
Find it all very depressing.
 Walts
Msg: 13
Posted: 2/8/2013 4:11:08 PM
So what are all those singles out there (including me) have planned for V day?

I was thinkin that I could possibly be drinkin.

Then I rethought, I could possibly be fishin.

Another rethought, and I have now considered,

get this,

fishin,

AND THEN,

drinkin.
 Deadliest_Snatch
Msg: 14
Posted: 2/8/2013 4:23:44 PM
Looks like I'll hit the barstool on Wednesday night, that way my paramour will feel obligated to buy me breakfast for V'day.
Wash, rinse, repeat and I should be able to get some sucker ... Oops ... gentleman to buy me dinner if I get to the bar early on Thursday.

I should be able to squeeze a few chocolates out of the deal.
 PittsburghVixen
Msg: 15
Posted: 2/8/2013 4:32:32 PM
I don't pay attention to V Day unless I am already in an established relationship. Since I'm not at this time, it's like any other workday.
 Be_enchanted
Msg: 16
Posted: 2/8/2013 8:18:40 PM
sunnyside72, you really do look at the sunny side, huh? Well, I hope to just get thru that day and just looking forward to having a nice lunch and watch a decent movie. Hopefully, the movie won't be crowded with lovebirds...

Hope you have a great time; wish we had a fundraiser like that where I live.
 DragonballPanda
Msg: 17
Posted: 2/8/2013 9:14:10 PM
My plans:

Wait for a Valentine care package my mother sends each year...sad I know but its free candy. Since I will have to work the next day I probably wont go out. Either a Golden Girls or horror movie marathon followed by cheesecake.
 Mikare
Msg: 18
Posted: 2/8/2013 9:26:46 PM
Chocolate, Netflex and a bubble bath.......some erotic texting at best....lol
 Padawan61
Msg: 19
view profile
History
Posted: 2/8/2013 9:32:56 PM
trying to charm the pants off me

Perhaps it's his way of hinting at a booty-call.

I'll need a chastity belt for the occasion. Any idea where I can get one?

Army surplus stores have everything imaginable.

It was suggested that I go hunting for dead raptor feathers. I'll do that and shoot some zombies for good measure. Then a booty-call afterwards.
 Space_Weaver
Msg: 20
Posted: 2/8/2013 10:33:58 PM
I'm sure there is going to be a good crowd here in the forums. Woe is me.
 Ochema
Msg: 21
Posted: 2/8/2013 10:50:54 PM
Just another day; like my birthday or Christmas, or Wednesday, or Friday.
 kj521
Msg: 22
Posted: 2/9/2013 3:58:03 AM
Op:

Anytime, anywhere and just about anyhow is a good opportunity to find love! Valentines's Day is no exception!

This what you SHOULD do...go to a trendy men's clothing store....find an outfit outside your comfort zone....something BOLD, that brings out your inner fun, wild side. Buy some new cologne ( get opinion of salesperson on both of these). Then before you leave for a pub.....this is very important......stand in front of a mirrror, look yourself in the eye and say....."DAMN! I AM HOT, I AM IRRESISIBLE".....repeat as neccessary, until you can say with out laughing! Leave the glasses at home......everyone will look better anyway! Go with the intent to SOCIALIZE.....talk to anyone....practice being outgoing!!! No one wants to be around people whine and feel sorry for themselves! Now I know you will most likely not listen to me....but for goodness sakes TRY!!!!!! YOU ONLY LIVE ONCE!!!!

Everyone has sad Valentine's day tales to tell....I was married on Valentine's day, at sunset, on a schooner sailboat, on the blue waters off Key West! Hard to top that romantic wise!! But since I have been single, I do not sit around feeling sorry for myself.....I take the opportunity to show my love for all those in my life.....when you give love, it is returned in abundance!

Stubidooo:

Can you bottle some of that confidence and send to OP???

LiterateHiker:

We will all being living vicariously through your exciting evening! I say don't bother with the chasity belt! Sounds like he may already have the key, anyway! Lol
 OPeningdoors87
Msg: 23
view profile
History
Posted: 2/9/2013 7:26:49 AM
Lol kay, good advice, I'm far to conservative. My horrid works outfit will have to suffice while I talk to 40+ year old's about what they have been up to that day.... exciting.

Well I'm working all day, and the day after so the pub afterward work at best.

P:S I cannot see anything with my glasses without, you get the picture. That and I need them to drive, so can never take them off.
 kj521
Msg: 24
Posted: 2/9/2013 7:40:10 AM
Op:

Take them off once you're inside the pub, luv! Not a good idea to without them when driving....I agree...don't forget to put them back on driving home! Lol
 grove_22
Msg: 25
Posted: 2/9/2013 8:03:51 AM
It is just a regular day for me. I don't do anything different or special when I'm single.
Show ALL Forums  > Dating and Love Advice  > "Valentine's day for singles.."